Pyramid Head painting in motel room?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Harrys_Girl
Historical Society Historian

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Nillin wrote:Why? It's not like James made him up; he's deeply rooted in Silent Hill's history...
I know, but there is a lot of other beings w/n The Order's beliefs that could be used, instead of the same ol' one over and over again. It made sence to have PH in sh2, beause James needed him. Just like the fact that there was nothing in sh2 about the red god or the yellow god, James didn't need them.

Travis didn't really needed PH. Just like (and I am making a guess here as I have not played homecoming) Alex probably doesn't need PH, yet here he is again. I have more of a tiff w/ the game designers for putting it in, than the fictional charaters coming across it.

Maybe I am just being nitpickey. :?
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

Nillin wrote:Considering it doesn't fuck anything up, and it's most likely going to be connected to the next few games, I don't think it would hurt to consider it canon.
this is true, so i'm assuming everyone who thinks SH0 is non-canonical has other reasons for believing so. i'd like to hear them.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

I would too.

Appearantly the only reason seems to be the fact that Alessa's a bitch, they (debatably) changed the location of her immolation, and it makes it appear that the cult was fine with Dahlia's decision to use Alessa to birth god, all of which can easily be explained away.

I don't think Alessa's a bitch, I think the Halo of the Sun had something to do with her being in the upstairs instead of the basement, and I think that the cult decided to go with it when Dahlia burned Alessa by herself (which isn't that ridiculous considering in a cutscene in SH1 Dahlia's talking to cult-member doctors about the whole ordeal, and they don't seem that pissed.)

So I'd also really like to know what makes people think of this game as uncanon. I mean... There's nothing really to suggest that it's not.
I once was lost, but am now profound.
headkickrodeo
Just Passing Through

Post by headkickrodeo »

You're right, there. Little references, I don't mind. Featuring the actual character (the movie version, no less) in Homecoming, just shows they don't fully understand the nature of the series. I have the game, I just haven't played it yet, so I can't say exactly how much of a role PH has, but I'm really hoping it's small. Dumb fan-service, either way.
Harrys_Girl wrote:
Nillin wrote:Why? It's not like James made him up; he's deeply rooted in Silent Hill's history...
I know, but there is a lot of other beings w/n The Order's beliefs that could be used, instead of the same ol' one over and over again. It made sence to have PH in sh2, beause James needed him. Just like the fact that there was nothing in sh2 about the red god or the yellow god, James didn't need them.

Travis didn't really needed PH. Just like (and I am making a guess here as I have not played homecoming) Alex probably doesn't need PH, yet here he is again. I have more of a tiff w/ the game designers for putting it in, than the fictional charaters coming across it.

Maybe I am just being nitpickey. :?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>There's nothing really to suggest that it's not.
Are you implying that I have no idea what I'm talking about, then?

If there was "nothing really to suggest" that Silent Hill: Origins' canonicity to be called into question, I wouldn't.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

Well, could you explain your reasoning? I'm not just going to take, "Because I think so!" as an answer. :P
I once was lost, but am now profound.
PartyHard
Just Passing Through

Post by PartyHard »

"I've dreamt about him more and more! The Butcher! He looks just like that monster, the executioner!"
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

. . . so?

>I'm not just going to take, "Because I think so!" as an answer.
I'll write an essay when I care to.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

"I've dreamt about him more and more! The Butcher! He looks just like that monster, the executioner!"
Yea, so? That doesn't make it non-canon.

I really need to get around to writing that Archetype/Collective Unconscious essay.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
PartyHard
Just Passing Through

Post by PartyHard »

I wasn't noting this about the canon thing, just about the original topic.
Glazarus

Post by Glazarus »

MMY wrote:>There's nothing really to suggest that it's not.
Are you implying that I have no idea what I'm talking about, then?

If there was "nothing really to suggest" that Silent Hill: Origins' canonicity to be called into question, I wouldn't.
MMY wrote:. . . so?

>I'm not just going to take, "Because I think so!" as an answer.
I'll write an essay when I care to.
Tommy? Is that you? 8)

Anyway, please do... I've already made up my mind for the most part about SH:H and my opinion is that it isn't canon.
One major part is the use of burning mines under Silent Hill (which is a matter of debate right now but in my view quite clear when you look into details)

I'm looking forward to reading an essay if that is your choice...
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]