Pyramid Head painting in motel room?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Mr No Pants
Just Passing Through

Pyramid Head painting in motel room?

Post by Mr No Pants »

In the motel room with all the photos on the walls and floors (room 503), the "Misty day,
remains of the Judgment" painting of Pyramid Head in the Historical Society from SH2 is lying on the floor. Does this mean anything or is it just there as a reference to SH2?

Sorry if this has been posted before.
nobody
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by nobody »

There is a painting of it in the Gillespie's house, too. So i'd say it's just a reference Climax liked to include (although those executers really existed in towns history)
there's comfort in silence
angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Wow, now that's just freaky.
I didn't remember seeing any Pyramid Head poster so I need to replay once more. :mrgreen:
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

One wonders why they had that "Butcher" instead of Pyramid Head... PH is much cooler. Though I have to say I like the great cleaver better than the great knife... nothing better for chopping up those annoying cali-thingies.
nobody
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by nobody »

the butcher's role in the game quite differs from pyramid head's. that's why they included him.
there's comfort in silence
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

Maybe so. But there are similarities.

PH: Rapes monsters. Tries to chop up/impale, the hero.
Butcher: Guts monsters. Tries to chop up/impale the hero.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Monster A: Is scary. Tries to kill the hero.
Monster B: Is fearsome. Tries to kill the hero.

So what? Anyway, Shadow Archetype Theory. You've read it, I'm not rewriting it again.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Enika
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Enika »

This is pretty cool! I never noticed this. Gives me a reason to replay it, at least. Nice find :D
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

This is yet another reason why Silent Hill: Origins is non-canonical.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

I thought I saw "Misty..." but I figured it was just my imagintation, I figured they couldn't possibly have put thepainting in Origins twice, but alas they have. D :
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The painting in the Gillespie home isn't the same as Misty Days, Remains of the Judgment.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

Given that Pyramid-head is considered to be the scariest monster ever, they wanted to find a way to sneak him into "Origins". A cameo appearance, if you prefer.
aj4x94

Post by aj4x94 »

MMY wrote:This is yet another reason why Silent Hill: Origins is non-canonical.
Hey MMY I was just wondering, if you don't think Origins is canon, does that mean you view Homecoming as non-canonical, seeing as Travis makes an appearance.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Not necessarily. It's not the character is named in-game as Travis, or that he says "Lol I saw the Otherworld once and my name is Travis."

If you choose, I suppose you can interpret him as a looka-like to a non-canon character, or that a non-canon character was promoted into canonicity in an adapted form.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... endedExtra Read this. Authors do this all the time with non-canon stuff they like.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

MMY wrote:The painting in the Gillespie home isn't the same as Misty Days, Remains of the Judgment.
It was similar looking. It still presented PH in a picture. I figured that there would be NO picture of PH presented in Origins, and yet, there is 2 paintings of PH...
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Similar ≠ identical

>seeing as Travis makes an appearance.
The truck driver's name and back-story is unknown and irrelevant in the context of Silent Hill: Homecoming's story.

That said, having only played the game once, I haven't decided on SH:H's canonicity.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

Considering it doesn't fuck anything up, and it's most likely going to be connected to the next few games, I don't think it would hurt to consider it canon.
If you choose, I suppose you can interpret him as a looka-like to a non-canon character, or that a non-canon character was promoted into canonicity in an adapted form.
I dunno. I sort of thought it implied that Double Helix thought it was canon. Like, they could have used anyone else. Future-Heather or Laura could've dropped him off in Shepherd's Glen just as easily.
I once was lost, but am now profound.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

MMY wrote:Similar ≠ identical
I know, I just thought, based on memory they were the same painting, but I guess I was wrong.

I was more anoyed by the fact that there is any pictures of PH in Origins at all... or in any sh game other than sh2.
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

Why? It's not like James made him up; he's deeply rooted in Silent Hill's history...
I once was lost, but am now profound.
headkickrodeo
Just Passing Through

Post by headkickrodeo »

Well, the painting wasn't part of James delusions, was it? Wasn't that the painting that seeded PH in his subconscious? If so, and if it's in the Historical Society, I'm sure other people have seen it.

I'm not arguing that Origins is canon, I'm just saying the PH painting isn't what makes it non-canon.