The Sanitarium

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Re: The Sanitarium

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

^ The motel was the scariest level for me. And it had the most story if I remember right. My 2nd favorite level. Coincidentally or not, it was also the 2nd most fleshed out gameplay wise.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
Butcher Incarnate
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Butcher Incarnate »

I think origins needed more stages like the sanitarium, the other stages seemed too short to me, I enjoyed the sanitarium, to make things easy the 2nd time I played it,I printed maps of the internet one for the real world and one for the otherworld and as I went through i marked locked/opened/locked doors that need keys ect... That made getting the cartographer accolade easier.
When Death Comes, It Comes For All.
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

^ Ha, that's actually a really cool idea.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
Glenn
Gravedigger

Post by Glenn »

I didn't mind the Sanitarium being big. The monstrosity of the building by itself is enough to cause some wariness. The corridors in the basement could have been a bit shorter though, and I too spent some unnecessary time down there. I knew that key in the tub would wash into the basement, and I tried to retrieve that key twice (once after I drained the tub, and again after I flushed the toilet, only to find out I still couldn't get it).
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

Given how much of the Sanitarium was off-limits, they probably could have had the whole game take place there if they'd wanted.
[url=http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14918&start=0]See the SH2 Endings that WEREN'T chosen[/url]
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

I quite like the Sanitarium mostly because of the backstory involving Travis' mother and the boss fight. It's seeping with atmosphere and the nurses and remnant's scare me. Also, it probably has the largest map of any level in the series but half of it we don't even explore so that's kind of a non-issue for me.
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Post by KiramidHead »

The sanitarium doesn't bother me as much now as it did when I first played the game. I still don't care for having to deal with the Carrion in the basement, though, or the fact that it teleports through doors.
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

KiramidHead wrote:The sanitarium doesn't bother me as much now as it did when I first played the game. I still don't care for having to deal with the Carrion in the basement, though, or the fact that it teleports through doors.
I enjoy chucking televisions at those mofos. It's "super effective" :P
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.