The Sanitarium

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Nowh3re
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Nowh3re »

Reminds me of Danvers State Hospital.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Session 9 anyone?
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

I could see that being an influence. : D

And that movie was terrifying.
I once was lost, but am now profound.
Emzo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Emzo »

It made me giggle when I saw it!

BAHHHH <3
-loves Session 9 a bit much-

I never thought about the comparison! The designs are extremely close :3
And it is a creepy film, but for me the kind of Gurhurhurhur |D creepy~
~| I've Come to Change the Order |~
Midori-chan
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Midori-chan »

Nowh3re wrote:Reminds me of Danvers State Hospital.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Session 9 anyone?
Nothing shows in the spoiler. :\
Enika
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Enika »

^ I see two pictures in the spoiler.
LanceS133
Historical Society Historian

Post by LanceS133 »

There was a thread talking about the similarities, I'd friggin love to go there. It's only an hour, hour and a half away, I just don't feel like getting caught/arrested.

And I'm more in favor for the sanitarium than the theater....but then again i love old abandoned hospitals and such.
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Did that thing where I figured I'd replied to this topic months ago and have just realised that I didn't ...

Anyway.

HATE THIS LEVEL. Drives me fucking crazy. It's overly-long, overly-repetitive, boring and complete crapola. It is single-handedly responsible for me not playing the game again. I loved everything else - the theatre, particularly - but the Craptarium reached dizzying new heights of awfulness. It's even worse than the cemetery in SHH - and that's saying something, cos I fucking hate THAT place, too ...
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Kairu
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Kairu »

The sanitarium would have been alright if it was shorted, I personally hated the motel more.
Chris Sunderland
Historical Society Historian

Post by Chris Sunderland »

I loved the Sanitarium, one of my favirote levels in the series. I really got to play 0rigins again, damn my broken/stolen PSP!
[img]http://i35.tinypic.com/2iqehhj.jpg[/img]
Midori-chan
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Midori-chan »

I'm in my second playthrough, and I've made it to the Sanitarium again. It is still long and troublesome, but I still like it. I thought that I'll be able to finish it faster this time because I just finished playing the game and I should know where to go and all. But my memory have failed me, it's like I'm playing it for the first time. Oh well.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/profile/Midori-tan/]Profile[/url]\\[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Midori-tan]My Anime List[/url]\\[url=http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Midori-tan]My Manga List[/url]
kumiko
Gravedigger

Post by kumiko »

Not my favourite level but everything else was ok there were bits in the game I wanted to explore more
Youma Taisan!
Emzo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Emzo »

Was annoying you could only explore about a half of it :/
~| I've Come to Change the Order |~
Silent One
Gravedigger

Post by Silent One »

Emzo wrote:Was annoying you could only explore about a half of it :/
That is an awesome avatar 8)

Anyway the area isn't my favorite, but at least it was something a little bit original.
CursedxDoom
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by CursedxDoom »

I figured there'd be a thread on this place. I've pretty much avoided the Origins section until now. :lol:

I just picked up Origins for the first time, and almost shed a tear at the size of the sanitarium. Seriously? I hope this game keeps doing a good job of marking where things are on the map, because I'm totally expecting to get lost in here. Then again, I guess there's a lot of potential for an area this large; they could put a lot in there, namely puzzles, horror elements, and backstory. I'm just a little intimidated, is all.

And if it's true that you only explore about half of it, that's some hard trolling on the developers' part. "Here, let's see them flip shit over this monster-sized map, then go, 'lol, j/k gais.'" Bastards.
Larrybisam
Just Passing Through

Post by Larrybisam »

I liked the Sanitarium. It was something different. I enjoyed the long corridors and I found its size fun. It was very interesting to wander around the place. I was afraid that I'd get myself lost, but somehow I didn't.
But nowadays the Sanitarium is a bit boring. Maybe I should take a break from Origins... :)
valiturus

Post by valiturus »

I didn't mind it because it was that creepy to keep you on your toes, always expecting something to come after you. The only part of the game I didn't like was probably all those little alleyways you had to backtrack during the motel stage, with those giant gimp dog things blocking up the ENTIRE THING. Ugh.
Däniken
Just Passing Through

Post by Däniken »

I found Sanitarium to be a good and creepy location. Second best in the game after Motel.
I am Malth. You will never get past me.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Don't get me wrong: The level itself is good—the design, &c. But! the sheer enormousness of it is ridiculous and, frankly, unlikable. It only needs about half of its size to be enjoyable, and it probably would've been, too.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Kaisura
Just Passing Through

Post by Kaisura »

The sad part is it wasn't even the size of it that made it so bad. It was the path you had to take through it that made it as long and obnoxious as it was.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

I think the map size makes the people think that it is bigger... It really doesn't take too much time having in mind that you can beat the game in less than 1 hour... The sanitarium size tries to compensate the really short run that we had at the hospital... I admit that I spent like 2 hours running around Cedar in my first playthrough cause I really didn't know what to do... I also got killed several times there... But after that there isn't much difference with the sewers in 1, the building apartment in 2, the business building in 3, the building world in 4 and the prison in Homecoming...

If you know what to do and where to find the items you can beat the sanitarium in less than 20 mins, especially if you keep your light off and avoid the creatures...