The Sanitarium

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

Post by Aric - The Reaper »

when i first played that location the first time i got lost and took me a while to figure out where to go but i think it's one of the most interesting locations in SHO
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
JiGoKuShOuJiN
Just Passing Through

Post by JiGoKuShOuJiN »

I hated the Sanitarium. Worst of all maps in SHO.
Maybe if they added small cutscenes like where Harry gets tentacle fcuked by the Monster in the Fridge or anything synonymous, then it would get exciting.

Like maybe seeing what happened on Male Seclusion 1,2,3,4,5
DarkMatter
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by DarkMatter »

I'm just playing Origins for the first time and just made it to the theater and I have to say the Sanitarium... wasn't that bad, really. It became a little tedious since all you were doing was going back and forth to get keys to unlock doors to find more keys to unlock more doors and so on but it wasn't nearly as bad as some of you are making it out to be. I never once got stuck, lost, or needed to use a walkthrough.

My only real beef with it was it was ridiculously big.
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

Yeah, it was pretty linear, tbh. There was usually only one place you could go or whatever, besides a few rooms thrown in to explore. It was just huge.
I once was lost, but am now profound.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

The only reason i had a hard time cause my tv was very dark making it hard for me to see the game, brightening it helped greatly
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
The Sanity Assassin
Just Passing Through

Post by The Sanity Assassin »

Only thing I can complain about is that saving in the middle of the Sanitarium and then stop playing for a longer time is a bad idea.
Because you simply forget what you already did the last time you played and then you run around, confused, while trying to find the next key, only to find yourself lost in one of the staircases. Or in front of a door that is locked from the other side.
When you play through it without pausing then it should be no problem, especially if you played the game a few times.
Anyway, the notes, items and keys always point to Travis' next destination.
[i]Mother always said "my son, do the noble thing..."
You have to finish what you started, no matter what -
Now; sit, watch and learn...[/i]
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

I agree, i did that one time and utterly forgot where to go and what to do! playing it the first time is confusing cause you don't know what you are doing or going
HereComesTheButcher
Just Passing Through

Post by HereComesTheButcher »

I loved the Sanitarium. It creeped me out and those remnant monsters!!!
Was the Sanitarium like a mental institution or a place where diseased people go?
puppett
Just Passing Through

Post by puppett »

I adored the Sanitarium, I always thought it was fun and I really like trying to go through there with no flashlight.
cascade88
Historical Society Historian

Post by cascade88 »

HereComesTheButcher wrote:I loved the Sanitarium. It creeped me out and those remnant monsters!!!
Was the Sanitarium like a mental institution or a place where diseased people go?
A sanatorium (also sanitorium, sanitarium) is a medical facility for long-term illness, typically tuberculosis.
Wiki is the source.

So I guess the latter part of your post is correct. :)
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

kinda a place for the mentally insane, still a cool place to explore in real life
puppett
Just Passing Through

Post by puppett »

Sanitarium; Behavioral health facility
Last edited by puppett on 23 Jan 2010, edited 1 time in total.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

nice, thank you for telling. still be a great place to explore and not be attacked.

it's still hard to figure way through it if you save and leave the game.
puppett
Just Passing Through

Post by puppett »

No problem,
The sanitarium is the only place where I get lost anymore.
It would be fun to go through it without anything jumping out at you to see all the cool things around!
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

yeah, i agree with you.

Even though you play SHO and few times this place always makes me mess up and get lost, i often have to pause the game and try to remember what to do
puppett
Just Passing Through

Post by puppett »

Exactly, It makes me so frustrated, but I like the transitions between worlds a lot.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

i did too, and the whispers you hear while exploring.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

The only reason why I don't play Origins anymore is because of that damn Sanitarium.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

one of the hardest locations in the game, i know
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^No, not hard. Just annoying. I waste like 2:30 - 3 hours of the game inside this god damn place. I could use this time to explore other places.