PH in Dhalia House

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

DemonZer0
Just Passing Through

PH in Dhalia House

Post by DemonZer0 »

like everybody already know, there is a paint of PH in Dhalia's House, a lot of ppl have said me that it's the "Misty day- remain of a Judgment"...

well i took a snapshot, so make your own iopinion, i hope this is double , cause i dindt find it >w<

Original Misty DAy
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
a Full view from my PSP screen
a Zoom in to the paint x3
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Not the same. Like I said.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
CreepingDeath
Just Passing Through

Post by CreepingDeath »

Almost the same, But what is pyramid head holding in his left hand? its too small to be the great knife, and he already has a spear.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

It's another spear.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Ashmodean
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Ashmodean »

It's not P head (I love using that name...P is the word for meth out here lol) as we know him as the adversary in SH2. It is just a painting of one of the executioners as was the original from SH2. The executioners are an erie part of SH that I wish they would expand on. The presence of this painting makes me wonder if they are revered as saints or something similar.
ulcain
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Touched by Pyramid Head

Post by ulcain »

Ashmodean wrote:It's not P head (I love using that name...P is the word for meth out here lol) as we know him as the adversary in SH2. It is just a painting of one of the executioners as was the original from SH2. The executioners are an erie part of SH that I wish they would expand on. The presence of this painting makes me wonder if they are revered as saints or something similar.
I'd figure that they are like Martyrs, only in the not sacrificing themselves way.

Maybe the Order considers Pyramid Head an Angel. That would be the pound your ass while saying "DO NOT BE AFRAID", whole town destroying, dislocating your arm to get you to shut up, Angel, not Touched by a Christmas Tree suppository Angel.

Now I will try to forget about Pyramid head starring in Touched by and Angel. Getting ocular disinfectant now.
SethSunderland
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SethSunderland »

Ashmodean wrote:It's not P head (I love using that name...P is the word for meth out here lol) as we know him as the adversary in SH2. It is just a painting of one of the executioners as was the original from SH2. The executioners are an erie part of SH that I wish they would expand on. The presence of this painting makes me wonder if they are revered as saints or something similar.
I thought the pyramid helmet was supposed to "represent" the exicutioners hood....

in that painting, you can clearly see that it is a solid object, not a hood.

I think its just reference to SH2.
EDIT: Scratch that. Looks a lot more like the Movies PH. So restate, reference to the movies PH.
Or maybe.......
No idea anymore. Edited this post like .... 8 times. =P
[img]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5484/sethsunderlandnewdigjr5.jpg[/img]
Dream_Demon
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Dream_Demon »

^

Yeah, but in one of the buildings towards the end of Silent Hill 2 you see that painting of Pyramid Head. Isn't it describing the executioner? I always thought that Pyramid Head was the executioner. But, James, by his own memory, probably from seeing the painting with his trip to Silent Hill with Mary, used that image to create this image/monster to punish him.

Or am I off?
Phantom Allure
Historical Society Historian

Post by Phantom Allure »

it's definitely the movie-version PH because the apron goes all the way to the feet, not just the legs.

It also seems to be standing in front of a pile of wood on fire (pyre?). Could be a nod to the witch-burning theme of the movie in an attempt to veer away from the game's more established background of PH

and no, Dream_Demon, you're not off.

The executioners wearing the conical helmets indeed served a real and practical function in the town's history and are not deified themselves as, say, Valtiel. They ARE patterned after Valtiel in the manner of their robes but underneath, they're just people tasked with carrying out death penalties. simple as that.

James merely created a monster of his own making crafted in the likeness of an executioner clad in the Pyramid Head uniform as he saw it in the Painting at the Historical Society building
[url=http://www.marvindmartian.deviantart.com]Deviantart account[/url]
[url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=8271]My SH fanfic novel[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6642]Monster design set 1[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6974]Monster design set 2[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7970]Monster design set 3[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7213]Bosses design[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6446&start=30]Commission design[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7463]Manga sample pages[/url]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The painting "Misty Days, Remains of the Judgment" is also just a representation of the executioners. You can see what they really looked like further down in the prison.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Dream_Demon
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Dream_Demon »

^

Ah, must of missed that. I'll have to replay and look out for that.

> James merely created a monster of his own making crafted in the likeness of an executioner clad in the Pyramid Head uniform as he saw it in the Painting at the Historical Society building.

Okay, thanks. ^^

It's been a while since I've played any Silent Hill, until Origins came out that is, so I'm a bit rusty with what I remember or theorized. But thank you. :]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

PH's look has got nothing to do with James, he features in one of the paintings in the church at the end of SH3, which must of been painted long before James appeared in Silent Hill. What's more likely is that the executioners based their uniform on PH. Remember, people have been worshiping these Gods for centuries.
SethSunderland
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SethSunderland »

the great knife wrote:PH's look has got nothing to do with James, he features in one of the paintings in the church at the end of SH3, which must of been painted long before James appeared in Silent Hill. What's more likely is that the executioners based their uniform on PH. Remember, people have been worshiping these Gods for centuries.
No, the executioners have nothing to do with James. Pyramid Head himself was created from James' mind. The paintings are how James first saw him, based him after the executioners.
Fredrick2003
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fredrick2003 »

Yeah I saw that painting on my first time through but I wasn't sure if it was pyramid head.

On my second time through I cranked up the bightness in both the game and the PSP as high as it would go (SH Origins is a dark game...) and I could make it out perfectly.

I can't tell if this is the movie version of pyramid head or not, because it is all one color...
SethSunderland
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SethSunderland »

Fredrick2003 wrote:Yeah I saw that painting on my first time through but I wasn't sure if it was pyramid head.

On my second time through I cranked up the bightness in both the game and the PSP as high as it would go (SH Origins is a dark game...) and I could make it out perfectly.

I can't tell if this is the movie version of pyramid head or not, because it is all one color...
Could somone get better screens?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

No, the executioners have nothing to do with James. Pyramid Head himself was created from James' mind. The paintings are how James first saw him, based him after the executioners.
James never saw the painting in the church that features in Silent Hill 3, yet PH is in it. Anyway, it would have been painted before he was ever born, so there's no way he could have saw it.
Ashmodean
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Ashmodean »

Anyway, it would have been painted before he was ever born, so there's no way he could have saw it.
Actually it's quite possible that he could have. The Mona Lisa was painted way before any of us were born and we can see it just fine. James had been to Silent Hill before with Mary. He could have seen the painting or one like it somewhere else, like maybe in the historical society seeing as how it seems like a touristy kind of place. Paintings can get moved around quite a bit as well. Jame probably knew of the executioners from his earlier visit(s) to Silent Hill and since he had commited a crime and felt like he needed to be punished what better visage than the executioner? Now I'm not saying that P head as we knoe him as the adversary/diety in SH2 is just an executioner. He could very well be an old diety that has taken on this particular form to apese Jame's state of mind as the otherworld often does.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Actually it's quite possible that he could have.
I think s/he wrote that backwards.

S/He meant to say that because the red pyramid thing was featured in a painting created long before James was born, there's no way the r.p.h. could possibly be an absolute manifestation of James because it had existed before him.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Ashmodean
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Ashmodean »

S/He meant to say that because the red pyramid thing was featured in a painting created long before James was born, there's no way the r.p.h. could possibly be an absolute manifestation of James because it had existed before him.
Now that makes sense.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

S/He meant to say that because the red pyramid thing was featured in a painting created long before James was born, there's no way the r.p.h. could possibly be an absolute manifestation of James because it had existed before him
Thank's Mockingbird, that's exactly what I meant. I like to think of him as being Valtiel's right hand man, the one that takes care of all the measy stuff.