freaked me out... can you help?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

mbnvcxyz
Just Passing Through

freaked me out... can you help?

Post by mbnvcxyz »

okay, i'm going to try to paint this picture as best i can...
i was playing the psp version (i'm not sure if it is for the other platforms or not)... and i was in the sanitarium.
i just got through the audio, equipted he alchohol jug thing, picked up the portable T.V. weapon, switched to Anti-silent hill, and obtained the Katana.
i then searched around the rest of the room for other item and dubbed that i had picked them all up for that particular room. i think that it was a storage area... i'm too scared to check... anyway... i was on the end of the room with the mirror, turned travis towards the direction of the door, pressed the L-trigger button, and screamed.
there i saw it. the face of what i pressumed to be a doll... if you've ever played yugioh, it looked like the mallice doll... but it was either life sized, or just sitting there in mid-air. there was no sign of it before, nor was there the visual of travis' body. this happened maybe less than ten minutes ago... it looked demonic. its face looked dead, eyes were WIDE open with green in them. mouth just hanging open. it didn't move... it was just there. i've no idea what it was. my girlfriend with whom i was on the phone with says that she never saw that before... so i'm guessing that it was just a glitch? i came here after calming down a bit to see if ya'll could help me. what was that?
this is also the first silent hill game that i've ever played...
i know i saw it, i didn't imagine it. :shock:
life is a b*tch...
cuz if it was a hooker, it'd be easy.
XD
mbnvcxyz
Just Passing Through

Post by mbnvcxyz »

this all also happened in the same room.
life is a b*tch...
XD
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

I never encountered this either, but I wouldn't doubt it. I doubt it's a glitch. Either it's a surprise scare that people can miss, or you're just lying.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
mbnvcxyz
Just Passing Through

Post by mbnvcxyz »

why would i lie about a game?
what would that get me?
in any case... do you think that it could be like that stuffed rabbit i hear about? y'know, if you do the right thing al the right time, (looking through the hole in the wall at certain points makes it get closer) then this will occur?
like a cheat code, without actualy cheating? like unlocking a making-of video?
life is a b*tch...
XD
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

pics or it didn't happen.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
Mizz Stalker
Just Passing Through

Post by Mizz Stalker »

Oh your eyes just see things becaues you are already freaked out by the other things that has happend...aka your crazy.

edit: I'm just messen with you by the way...
Last edited by Mizz Stalker on 17 May 2009, edited 1 time in total.
mbnvcxyz
Just Passing Through

Post by mbnvcxyz »

crucifix wrote:pics or it didn't happen.
pics? really? from a screen with next to zero visibility? even with the brightness all the way up, you expect me to go through all those tiny little details just to amuse you?
better idea.
do it yourself.
sorry if i come off mean, i'm just a little on edge.
life is a b*tch...
XD
Mizz Stalker
Just Passing Through

Post by Mizz Stalker »

Did the creepy face make you on edge? :(
mbnvcxyz
Just Passing Through

Post by mbnvcxyz »

yeah... thats pritty much it...
i still can't un-see that face... the image of it... i wanted to cry i was so scared...
XD
life is a b*tch...
XD
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

mbnvcxyz wrote:you expect me to go through all those tiny little details just to amuse you?
... no, to prove that you actually saw this thing. are you stupid?

you're not coming off as "mean"; it sounds much more like you're lying for attention or to seem ~*special*~ or something since you're acting so defensive.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
Mizz Stalker
Just Passing Through

Post by Mizz Stalker »

So like when you close your eyes you see it?
Man thats creepy Dx
I wounder if it really is a glitch, I just think that since you see diffrent colors then everday people that maybe you saw the face becaues of the color design.,
I know you are not lieing becaues you did scream... in my ear...(( like a little girl lol not really..:3))
and remeber that other face you saw eairlyer on in the game?
Maybe you really do see things, that we dont see..
mbnvcxyz
Just Passing Through

Post by mbnvcxyz »

crucifix wrote:
mbnvcxyz wrote:you expect me to go through all those tiny little details just to amuse you?
... no, to prove that you actually saw this thing. are you stupid?

you're not coming off as "mean"; it sounds much more like you're lying for attention or to seem ~*special*~ or something since you're acting so defensive.
defensive and on-edge are two different things. i'm not asking you to belive me, as long as i kn ow what i saw, thats good enough for me. you don't belive, then i don't care. all i was looking for was an explanation as to how and why it happened.
so thank you for lack of information.
good day sir/ma'am.
life is a b*tch...
XD
mbnvcxyz
Just Passing Through

Post by mbnvcxyz »

Mizz Stalker wrote:So like when you close your eyes you see it?
Man thats creepy Dx
I wounder if it really is a glitch, I just think that since you see diffrent colors then everday people that maybe you saw the face becaues of the color design.,
I know you are not lieing becaues you did scream... in my ear...(( like a little girl lol not really..:3))
and remeber that other face you saw eairlyer on in the game?
Maybe you really do see things, that we dont see..
i saw two green iris' surounding two black pupils. both above the open red mouth. on the doll-like face.
at first i assumed that it was the jug, but it held no shape/resemblance of it.
it looked like a demonic close-up of the doll sitting on the bed in one of the rooms that i was in prior to this event...
the doll then was just sitting on the bed in the anti-world but there is no trace of it in the normal world...
i just can't figure it out...
life is a b*tch...
XD
Mizz Stalker
Just Passing Through

Post by Mizz Stalker »

the doll then was just sitting on the bed in the anti-world but there is no trace of it in the normal world...
thats just how it is though xD to mess with you and to tell you that they are diffrent worlds.
mbnvcxyz
Just Passing Through

Post by mbnvcxyz »

plus, being color-blind wouldn't affferct my playing like that...
life is a b*tch...
XD
mbnvcxyz
Just Passing Through

Post by mbnvcxyz »

Mizz Stalker wrote:
thats just how it is though xD to mess with you and to tell you that they are diffrent worlds.
i know,
:P
but thats just what it held the shape of. and i was also describing where to find the doll in comparison...
XD
but thank you.
life is a b*tch...
XD
Lark
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Lark »

It sounds a bit more like Project Zero than Silent Hill but then they are trying to copy the style I reckon, maybe this is an instance they did, it could be an easter egg like you say unlocked by doing things in a particular sequence. Or you could have imagined it because you where playing too long.

Or watching Yugiho :D
God didnt make man equal, Col. Colt did - Anon.
mbnvcxyz
Just Passing Through

Post by mbnvcxyz »

Lark wrote:It sounds a bit more like Project Zero than Silent Hill but then they are trying to copy the style I reckon, maybe this is an instance they did, it could be an easter egg like you say unlocked by doing things in a particular sequence. Or you could have imagined it because you where playing too long.

Or watching Yugiho :D
XD
i honestly wish that it were as simple as watching yugioh... haven't seen it in years.
but either way, i'd only been playing for roughly 30 minutes and the lights were on no headphones either... easter egg does seem the most reasonable thing next to a stuck image... (seeing one thing at one point, but seeing it again later on where it dosen't belong).
but i'm sure that i'm not the only person to do what i did in that particular order... but i got an un-expected result.
and i also went through that room before, but died without saving... but this didn't happen then... and the only difference between then and now was the jug...
life is a b*tch...
XD
AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Post by AnastasisXD »

isnt yugioh konami's property? it could be a refereance (aka 'easter egg')

and dude, you sound like a scared pussy. fill your lungs with oxigen and go show that video game who is the boss !!
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

So you say this was the Sanitarium? Then this probably happened in the Archives room. There are three areas in the whole game to pick up a Katana, well that I have found so far. If not, this might have happened in the Arthad Theatre and if it happened there I'd say it was an Ariel. :D You say it was the Sanitarium, so I'll just go there.

So basically, I equip and alcohol jug, grab the TV and enter the Archives room, touch the mirror and be shocked with horror. Cool.

I will go to play the game since I have nothing better to do today.:D
I'll try to take a video or picture if I see anything. I've played through this game so many times. Lmao!
Well, I have the PS2 version so there might be some difference.

Editt:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT! :shock:
I officially have the creeps.
Look at this!!
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
He is totally right!
Is this what you are talking about?
Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSRG3oIgQRk
It's in the Archives room and you have to go by the mirror and keep hitting the L1 button. It's a really hard angle to find it. I was lucky to find it that once. I tried again after but no luck. LMAO, I was about to seriously just give up because I was in there for like 10 minutes trying to find the thingie. You can see it kind of moving and his eyes are messed up. This is so awesome! It's not a doll at all, but it looks more like someone's face. It scared me when I first saw it. What do you guys think about it? I think it's some messed up angle of Travis, you know kind of like the flat art that they do before they make it into 3D.

Great find mbnvcxyz! :D
Yay! I'm so happy that I actually found something useful ingame for all of you.
Last edited by angelofROOM302 on 17 May 2009, edited 1 time in total.