Origins is the best Silent Hill game ever made

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

puppett
Just Passing Through

Post by puppett »

Origins was good but I think Silent Hill 2 & 3 beat it.
It's all opinions anyway about which was the best game.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

I loved Origins. I don't know why people think it ruined the series
The typical complaints are that it has plot holes, or it messed with the Alessa/cult storyline too much, or that it was unoriginal.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
HereComesTheButcher
Just Passing Through

Post by HereComesTheButcher »

AuraTwilight wrote:
I loved Origins. I don't know why people think it ruined the series
The typical complaints are that it has plot holes, or it messed with the Alessa/cult storyline too much, or that it was unoriginal.
Yeah the monsters were too similar to SH2
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Ørigins was decent. Better than 3 or 4, IMO (3 was probably the worst in the series, even if it looked good). Homecoming to me is still possibly my favorite right now, along with 2. Can't beat them for replayability, and for different reasons.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================
Lying_Figure
Just Passing Through

Post by Lying_Figure »

OMG ORIGINZ IS THE BEST SH GAME EVAR!!!11!!

Oh wait, what was I thinking :( someone slap me!
[img]http://i49.tinypic.com/2pq192o.gif[/img][img]http://i49.tinypic.com/1kkdv.jpg[/img]
simeonalo

Re: Origins is the best Silent Hill game ever made

Post by simeonalo »

snakesonaplane wrote:So I just got Origins for my PlayStation Portable and OMG BBQ was I blown away. The graphics are easily the best in the series and the GAMEPLAY! OH don't get me started on that shit! It was like nirvana! And that lead character! OH yeah talk about a REAL MAN IN THE GAME! All the other guys were like girly men. Always worried about something or someone. But this man OH BOY! He was a TRUCKER! A real burly man! I would love it to death if he ran through my silent hills :?

Sorry to be blunt but throughout my Silent Hill experience I have always wanted a real man in the game. Thank you Climax Studios for making this game a real Silent Hill game with a REAL MAN! Your name is the truth!

The story is also amazing! The twists, the turns, the climaxes, and the suspense of it all! It is way to much for this Silent Hill fan to take in. I recommend this game for GOTY 2007-2xxx!

Who agrees with me on all the above statements? I just wish that there could be a Silent Hill Origins 2.

I might make a petition.
You're stereotyping men, we all know most guys aren't like that (I'm not, for instance). I don't think they have the best graphics (Homecoming=HD). There weren't really any "twists and turns", it was pretty straightforward, His mother and father died and he repressed it. If you really want a game with twists, play SH2. I'd sign that petition, I want a sequel to this game.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

There already is a sequel. It's called Silent Hill 1.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Maverick
Just Passing Through

Post by Maverick »

I think it was a good game, I don't think it was the best game. I liked SH3 the most with SH2 a close second.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

I think this topic is fun and I don't think the creator intended for it to be taken seriously. I'm a straight male but I gotta agree that the Japanese have a thing for having their male protagonists as floppy haired prettyboys, hahah, so it is cool that both 0rigins and Homecoming have people who are a little more badass.

But eh, let people have their fun, there was no need to ridicule this topic, everybody's different and looks for different things.

I do want to say though that I think it's awful that some of you claim somebody's opinion to be an 'absurd statement' and such though, some of us like to form our own opinions and experiences rather than listening to what the online press constantly reinforces all the time 'Silent Hill 2 is the best game ever. Zelda Ocarina of Time is the best game ever. Nothing ever will come close even though Bioshock exists' etc. really it shouldn't matter if somebody thinks a game is the best or not. I mean I personally think Homecoming is the best in the series, I can see why others wouldn't, but I'd be pretty damn offended if people started shooting down my opinion/personal tastes as 'absurd' and acting like my motivations for liking something were any less respectable than theirs, but then the old Shadow of the Colossus movie topic comes back and I don't want to go that far again.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Xerophan
Just Passing Through

Post by Xerophan »

I loved Origins. Probably my second favorite SH game, following closely behind The Room. Some things I hated, though: ridiculous inventory (come on, carrying multiple TVs/Toasters/and freaking DRIP STANDS???), the short length of the game, and the loss of replay value after obtaining all the possible Accolades. I find it hard to replay because, against my conscious will, I always end up pulling out the...I don't remember what it's called (the laser gun thing with infinite ammo), and that makes the game very, very dull. Other than that, I love the game. It's scary, fun, suspenseful, and entertaining.
2 Favorite Quotes:

"[color=#0000FF]I was weak. That’s why I needed you.... Needed someone to punish me for my sins.... But that’s all over now.... I know the truth.... Now it’s time to end this."[/color]--James Sunderland

[color=#BF0000]"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty....It's all the same once you're dead. And a corpse can't laugh."[/color]--Eddie
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

AuraTwilight wrote:There already is a sequel. It's called Silent Hill 1.
We're asking for a sequel with Travis.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

And what the hell would the point of that be? Travis's story has been wrapped up and resolved. No other protagonist got to have a direct sequel (and before you mention SH3, Alessa was not technically the protagonist of SH1 or any other game).
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Fanservice would be the point :P

I prefer each Silent Hill to be unrelated, yeah, but these guys are allowed to want another Travis game.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

^ Exactly. Of course there would be no point, some people just want to see Travis again.
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

I'd rather see heather again travis was boring.
SHF

Post by SHF »

He was actually pretty macho. Harry was boring.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Maybe we shouldn't see any other returning characters after all. I'm pretty sure people want something new and original, just like Shattered Memories.
SilentHillSurvivor

Post by SilentHillSurvivor »

They should create a shattered memories 2 involving James's story... Maybe they can alter/tweak the running scenes a little though and of course include different enemies like pyramid head, and give you more options like instead of the flare and pulling stuff down they could give you ladders to knock down, doors to barricade/lock, maybe setting traps and I think the coolest thing would be the ability to rugby (or for americans american football) - tackle an enemy straight in front of you. I dunno either that or a fresh new game with up to date graphics but old school silent hill 1 2 3 or 4 camera and gameplay.
NothingLikeSleep

Post by NothingLikeSleep »

no
SilentHillSurvivor

Post by SilentHillSurvivor »

NothingLikeSleep wrote:no
Yes. New next-generation silent hill game but this time they should make it a ps3 exclusive... That blu-ray disc can hold a hell of a lot of memory they can make really really long games if they wanted to, imagine a really really really long silent hill game hmm?
Last edited by SilentHillSurvivor on 04 Apr 2010, edited 1 time in total.