Have any of you seen this?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

GrievousGarland

Have any of you seen this?

Post by GrievousGarland »

This is a video of a guy who hacked the demo of Origins:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WRf6KLxftw

It seems that huge parts of the game were already playable when the demo was released and capable of being accessed. When I watched it I spotted many differences between this and the final version of the game... namely in the appearance of the final boss so yea... *spoilers*.

Can you even obtain shovels normally in Origins? I for one could not recall one instance where I picked one up...

I found a few other things, but I'm not sure of it... I could just be not remembering correctly. Just thought I'd mention it.
LanceS133
Historical Society Historian

Post by LanceS133 »

I think I might remember picking up a shovel or two.
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Yup! There are two shovels to grab in the game. One near the Maintenance room in Riverside Motel and the one in the video is there in the actual game as well.

But OMG!:shock:
The end boss looked so much different from the original.
Lol.
Whitney
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Whitney »

Very cool thanks for sharing :)
My Websites!
Image Image Image
GrievousGarland

*claps*

I was so worried this was a repost. ^_^

But do any of you remember the red outline on the door when Alessa left? I can't for the life of me remember that... I need to replay origins to compare.
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

I just replayed the game a moment ago, so to answer your questions:

Yes there shovels you can pick up

And what I see is the same boss, but they didn't add in the dark red effect that it had. that's why the demo is a lot lighter.

Are you talking about the red outline from alessa or the mark of samael? Becuase if you are talking about an outline of alessa, you can also notice none of the characters appeared in the cutscenes. So its probably just a layer of her shadow before they add the character in.
"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...IT'S ALL THE SAME ONCE YOU'RE DEAD!"--Eddie Dombrowski
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
words to live by
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Nope, I don't remember any red outline in the game.
But then I didn't get to see Alessa in that demo trailer video thingie at all.
GrievousGarland

angelofROOM302 wrote:Nope, I don't remember any red outline in the game.
But then I didn't get to see Alessa in that demo trailer video thingie at all.
Yea, the models during cut scenes were all messed up.
But I saw Alessa's outline on the door and didn't think that was a graphical error. It looks like it was there to stress which door Alessa went through.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

The captioning during the final boss scene are ridiculous. They are purely laughable. I would accuse this as being fanmade captioning, but I am not going to because I can't be sure.

Good find though.
GrievousGarland

Harrys_Girl wrote:The captioning during the final boss scene are ridiculous. They are purely laughable. I would accuse this as being fanmade captioning, but I am not going to because I can't be sure.

Good find though.
errr... the captioning to the final boss was just the words that were exchanged during the cutscene before the fight. Remember? :P