The Redeemer

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Revolverhawk
Just Passing Through

The Redeemer

Post by Revolverhawk »

As you can guess from my name, I like revolvers. In SH4 there was a revolver, but the crappy inventory system and being punished for returning to the room to use your storage hurt your ability to use it. I am glad there was a revolver handcannnon in this game, however, I feel you got it at the wrong point.

First off, which seems deadlier to you- a .44 magnum, or an ASSAULT RIFLE? You generally got weapons in order of increasing deadliness. Why did you get the handcannon last?

Secondly, you get more time to enjoy the assault rifle. So why do they let you start the game with an infinite ammo assault rifle, but not an infinite ammo magnum? You get the least amount of fun time with the magnum, but you get to "keep" the ssault rifle? I think they should have let us either get an infinite ammo version as an unlockable, or let us get it earlier.

That said, I think a more realistic inventory system might make horror games more realistic. But with a more realistic inventory system, you probably wouldn't be able to carry a shotgun AND a rifle(along with all the other crap in your backpack). So instead you could carry a magnum. thoughts?
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

I like Revolver's too, in fact I used the Redemer to beat the final boss :P

>So why do they let you start the game with an infinite ammo assault rifle, but not an infinite ammo magnum?
I didn't knew that? The Assault Rifle that you find in Andy's Store later become an "infinite bullet rifle"?
Revolverhawk
Just Passing Through

Post by Revolverhawk »

Mephisto wrote:I like Revolver's too, in fact I used the Redemer to beat the final boss :P

>So why do they let you start the game with an infinite ammo assault rifle, but not an infinite ammo magnum?
I didn't knew that? The Assault Rifle that you find in Andy's Store later become an "infinite bullet rifle"?
tesla rifle is an assault rifle with blue bullets, basically. :)
angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Oo. :shock:
I know nothing about guns.
And the game really isn't just based on guns. I kind of found it strange why there were so many guns in this game actually. For the Redeemer, I liked this gun because it was the name of a song on Queen of the Damned and anything that will save my ass from the Two-Backs is a great weapon! :mrgreen:
Revolverhawk
Just Passing Through

Post by Revolverhawk »

angelofROOM302 wrote:Oo. :shock:
I know nothing about guns.
And the game really isn't just based on guns. I kind of found it strange why there were so many guns in this game actually. For the Redeemer, I liked this gun because it was the name of a song on Queen of the Damned and anything that will save my ass from the Two-Backs is a great weapon! :mrgreen:
I know the series isn't based on guns, but I still like them. :)
Travis
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Re: The Redeemer

Post by Travis »

Revolverhawk wrote:As you can guess from my name, I like revolvers.
Are you related to Ocelot or something? :P

Seriously though, the use of the redeemer in 0rigins IS quite limited. I personally prefer the AK to be honest, but hell, I don't mind redeeming the butcher's ass with it.

Maria has a revolver too...
Sega is paying close attention. Every vote, every facebook like counts. Keep spreading the word!!
Revolverhawk
Just Passing Through

Post by Revolverhawk »

Glad you agree Travis :P

Nice to know other people agree with me on the Redeemer's limited nature.
Agent of God
Subway Guard

Post by Agent of God »

Revolvers will always be cooler than any other weapon :) This type of gun will never get old, just watch Revolver Ocelot fight and you'll get what I mean.Image
We are still here...
Revolverhawk
Just Passing Through

Post by Revolverhawk »

:) I agree.
Enika
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Enika »

The redeemer was indeed a pretty cool weapon, but I agree on its limited use since you got it so late. To be quite honest, I think I only ever used it on the second-to-last boss. The last boss I just did fisticuffs with :D