My Silent Hill Origins Review

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

My Silent Hill Origins Review

Post by snakesonaplane »

Due to the overwhelming popularity of my Silent Hill 1 review I decided that I should make one for Silent Hill Origins.

1.) Graphics- This game puts the PSP on the map! For real real people this game looks like a PS2 game! If I was to go back to the PSPs launch date I would have been smacked across the face and I'd say "This is for real real not for play play"! and they STILL WOULD NOT believe me! All the characters are amazingly done and the town is just breathtaking!

2.) Characters- BEST CHARACTER CAST EVER IN A SILENT HILL GAME! Travis is the real man that every Silent fan has been waiting for! Heavens to Betsy even Denzel could not pull me away from my portable screen while I look at Travis! And Denzel be VERY IMPORTANT man! It was also an nice touch to add some familiars of the series as well! Gives you a "I KNOW Y'ALL" feeling when you see them!

3.) Story- ZOMG just breathtaking! I mean the twists and turns of the climax is just enough to make the fan shiver in ways that no other game has before! Even Final Fantasy 7's climax was nothing compared to this! Even though I cannot relate to any of the characters I felt like I was going through Silent Hill with Travis the whole time! I'd be like "Travis honey this place don't settle right with me" or "OH Travis I'm so afraid hold me with your burley muscular arms and don't let go! Even if them monsters come don't ret go!" And of course those damn monsters that would like hug him around the waste! Oh honey you'd betta believe I went after them!

4.) Sound- Would still like to hear some techno dance pop stuff in the series but what we got was realz good! I have the soundtrack everywhere with me so that I can listen to it and remember Travis!

4.) Controls- Really well implemented! I was able to move around freely and just take them and use them to the fullest!

5.) Overall Opinion- BEST Silent Hill game ever! Heckajeckle best PSP game ever! I knows I was not the only one who thought a Silent Hill PSP game was not going to work. But whateverz happen it did realz good! It blew away my expectations of what a Silent Hill game was and made me believe in the series again. If someone was to tell me that the PSP had no good games I would say "Silent Hill Origins wants to give you a kiss honey!"

overall score: 10/10

If you do not have this game GO GET IT NOW! If you do not have a PSP it is also on the PS2. So theres is no reason to not own this masterpiece of a game!
Last edited by snakesonaplane on 28 Jun 2009, edited 1 time in total.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Okay, now it's obvious this guy is a troll. Isn't this a waste of site bandwidth or something?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Restoration01
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Restoration01 »

AuraTwilight wrote:Okay, now it's obvious this guy is a troll. Isn't this a waste of site bandwidth or something?
Lolz...
Anyway, in my opinion, i thought that SH:O was great; but SH2, was the best for me.

Still, it's good to see that someone actually likes SH:O to that extent.
Larson
Gravedigger

Post by Larson »

AuraTwilight wrote:Okay, now it's obvious this guy is a troll. Isn't this a waste of site bandwidth or something?
I agree.
Mantorok Narokath Redgormor
Bishop Sasarai

Post by Bishop Sasarai »

I think it's a lady for some reason.

Anyway...I'm assuming this'll get locked in a bit.
"In relation to [animals], all people are Nazis; for the animals, it is an eternal Treblinka." - Isaac Bashevis Singer
--
Proud member of the Asiatic hordes. SEANZ.
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

If by "popularity" you mean "everyone flaming the shit out of you," than I know what you mean.
GrievousGarland

Post by GrievousGarland »

Urge to kill... rising. -_-

and guys, I think Snakesonaplane is a dude. I'm clairvoyant like that.
snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

Post by snakesonaplane »

You people are just mad as hell that I have an opinion and that you all don't like! I am going to be making Silent Hill reviews for 2-4, Homecoming, and the movie! I just did this one because I hasz a strong connection with it!

Don't lie to me y'all! We all have that one game that we love to death and promote all the time! Silent Hill Origins just happens to be mine!

This topic will not be locked because there is nothing wrong with it! I am showing a review to the Silent Hill community of what I know to be the best Silent Hill game in known existence!

If you don't agree with me that is fine. I am mature enough to accept it and not go around calling you trolls. I can only hope that in the near future you can all be the same.
Last edited by snakesonaplane on 01 Jul 2009, edited 1 time in total.
GrievousGarland

I am going to be making Silent Hill reviews for 2-4, Homecoming, and the movie!
Oh good goddess...
snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

Post by snakesonaplane »

GrievousGarland wrote:
I am going to be making Silent Hill reviews for 2-4, Homecoming, and the movie!
Oh good goddess...
Yeah so I am not trolling and I am taking this very seriously!
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

Look, dude, Origins wasn't a very good Silent Hill game. This is coming from someone who absolutely loved it.
This was the first Silent Hill I ever played.
The story had a few plotholes, as it takes some liberties with the first game's established canon. Travis' character, although having a lot of potential, wasn't fleshed out to his full potential. Claiming a character is better than another because they're "manlier" is poor characterization. Master Chief isn't a deeper character than Ripley (from Alien, Aliens, Alien 3) because he kills more aliens.
Techno pop would probably destroy the atmosphere of the game; the inclusion would most likely be a bad choice.
Also, in my opinion, finding out your parents are abusive isn't as dramatic as, say, finding out your daughter is gone forever (SH1) , you killed your wife (SH2) , you're the incarnate of a sacrificial victim and the cult is still after you (SH3) , your apartment is really haunted, and all the murders you've been hearing about are much, much more important than you'd ever thought (SH4) , (Spoilers for Homecoming)
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
you killed your brother (SH: H).
It WAS a great plot twist, but unfortunately it wasn't up to it's full potential because I wasn't able to get a feel for the character. The game was simply too short.
I will agree, though, this was an above-average game, but a below-average Silent Hill game.
Last edited by Video Gamer on 30 Jun 2009, edited 1 time in total.
snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

Post by snakesonaplane »

Happy 1000 post Video Gamer.
Please view my Silent Hill 2 AMV!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSh0RdDCLQ4

AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Video Gamer wrote:Look, dude, Origins wasn't a very good Silent Hill game. This is coming from someone who absolutely loved it.
This was the first Silent Hill I ever played.
The story had a few plotholes, as it takes some liberties with the first game's established canon. Travis' character, although having a lot of potential, wasn't fleshed out to his full potential. Claiming a character is better than another because they're "manlier" is poor characterization. Master Chief isn't a deeper character than Ripley (from Alien, Aliens, Alien 3) because he kills more aliens.
Techno pop would probably destroy the atmosphere of the game; the inclusion would most likely be a bad choice.
Also, in my opinion, finding out your parents are abusive isn't as dramatic as, say, finding out your daughter is gone forever (SH1) , you killed your wife (SH2) , you're the incarnate of a sacrificial victim and the cult is still after you (SH3) , your apartment is really haunted, and all the murders you've been hearing about are much, much more important than you'd ever thought (SH4) , you killed your brother (SH: H).
It WAS a great plot twist, but unfortunately it wasn't up to it's full potential because I wasn't able to get a feel for the character. The game was simply too short.
I will agree, though, this was an above-average game, but a below-average Silent Hill game.
You're still one of my favorite persons on this forum, you know that?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
GrievousGarland

He did kinda ruin SH5 for me. T_T
I just bought it a little while ago... and now I already know who killed what.
Last edited by GrievousGarland on 30 Jun 2009, edited 1 time in total.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Oh, it's going to be really obvious within like ten minutes of the game anyway, don't sweat it.

Also, who totally called it? Bandwidth crash is this guy's fault, imo.
GrievousGarland

AuraTwilight wrote: Also, who totally called it? Bandwidth crash is this guy's fault, imo.
I was just going to say it! Like right after I finished reading his insightful and informative review yesterday, I got the white screen that said some bitch had stolen all the bandwidth.

I was like:
"hmmmmmm....Aura was right"
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

GrievousGarland wrote:He did kinda ruined SH5 for me. T_T
I'm sorry...I should have marked those spoilers. But Aura's right, it's really, REALLY obvious.
Marking said spoilers now...
GrievousGarland

Video Gamer wrote:
GrievousGarland wrote:He did kinda ruined SH5 for me. T_T
I'm sorry...I should have marked those spoilers. But Aura's right, it's really, REALLY obvious.
Marking said spoilers now...
It's fine, same thing happened to me with SH2 and I still enjoyed that. :P
snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

Post by snakesonaplane »

AuraTwilight wrote:Oh, it's going to be really obvious within like ten minutes of the game anyway, don't sweat it.

Also, who totally called it? Bandwidth crash is this guy's fault, imo.
I made a topic and:
- YOU read it
- YOU posted in it
- YOU came back to it

Bandwidth is not taken by someone just making a single topic it take a multiple of individuals to do it. Maybe you should take a look see at what bandwidth actually is auraboilyalissa!

You contributed to the crash because you trolled my topic!

Auraboilyalissas fault.
GrievousGarland wrote:He did kinda ruin SH5 for me. T_T
This is why my reviews are SPOILER free! No worry honey I won't be spoiling anything for my Silent Hill friends!
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I made a topic and:
- YOU read it
- YOU posted in it
- YOU came back to it

Bandwidth is not taken by someone just making a single topic it take a multiple of individuals to do it. Maybe you should take a look see at what bandwidth actually is auraboilyalissa!

You contributed to the crash because you trolled my topic!

Auraboilyalissas fault.
I honestly can't believe anyone is retarded enough to get my name that wrong, on purpose or otherwise, since there's no pun to the misspelling.

Also, declaring an obvious troll as a "troll" is not trolling.