Okay honestly;

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Not, but he was carrying a really heavy shord almost so big like him... Funny how the weight of the knife just appears when it is out... That really fucks the realism...
The knife doesn't even really exist; it's unrealisticness can be excused.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

In that case the portables televisions don't exist either...
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

KageReneko wrote:In that case the portables televisions don't exist either...
Weapon of a mental construct representing James' guilt /=/ portable tv.
Travis
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Re: Okay honestly;

Post by Travis »

Secret_Haven wrote:Idk I guess I just didn't really understand the point of this game.
How's this:

Sony: "PSP sales suck. Make a game for it to attract Silent Hill fans."
Konami: "Roger!"

Apart from this I really enjoyed the game both gameplay and storywise. After all it didn't change the story of its predecessors like other series' prequels did.
Sega is paying close attention. Every vote, every facebook like counts. Keep spreading the word!!
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

Perhaps Travis was imagining that he had all those weapons, I dunno the game wasn't that bad too me. It wasn't the best in the series, but it wasn't so terrible that it was unplayable.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Video Gamer wrote:
Weapon of a mental construct representing James' guilt /=/ portable tv.
Do you mean that the Silent Hill population just love to leave portable televisions around all the town?
Dr. Eggnog

Post by Dr. Eggnog »

I liked Travis's ability to pull an unlimited number of items out of his anus because it's fun to make fun of.
Henderson
Just Passing Through

Post by Henderson »

I sincerely did not like the Origins
I hated the gameplay
plot of the game very weak.

But I liked the textures, the music and weapons.
I prefer the Homecoming.
Chrism~
Hope House Careworker

Post by Chrism~ »

The portable televisions aren't important in any way, they don't symbolize anything. If you think carrying a giant knife is unrealistic, try carrying more than 10 portable televisions at once while using one of them to hit something.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Do the Great Knife symbolize anything? It is just a weapon that make you have the only game over screen of the game...

The weapons work in the same way in every Silent Hill game, they are a mind creation same than the creatures...

Try to carry a plank, an iron pipe, a handgun, a shotgun, a rifle, a chainsaw, 500 bullets, 20 health drinks, 15 first aid kits, 10 ampoules and a great knife...

That is logical for James but not for Travis? What do you say about heather and her 20 different T-shirts? You are talking like SH0 is the only game in the world that has such an inventory system...
Konami already made a Silent Hill game with a more realistic inventory and everybody talks shit about it...

What do you say about Link? the guy always has lots of stuff with him... What do you say about any RPG game where you can have lots of stuff? Or the Metal Gear games where you have like 15 different weapons including several boxes that can cover you? I know that the amount of weapons in 0rigins maybe too high but it isn't a big deal... If you don't want to carry 10 portable TVs just don't pick them...

Then you will complain about Travis cause he doesn't get hungry or need to shit...
SilentObserver
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentObserver »

dude, i totally need my characters to go to the bathroom all the time, it's like, so realistic man.

Anyway

I liked SH4's inventory system. It was nice to just grab things you'd need. I didn't have a problem with origins' either. Or 3's. Or really, any of them.

Want realistic pickups? Play Left 4 dead. It works in that game, it would not work in any of these SH games. Maybe SM has something different?

I can't believe we're arguing about this :lol:
TetrahedronHead
Just Passing Through

Post by TetrahedronHead »

You know what really pissed me off about Origins? Not once, during the entire game, did Travis ever have to stop to take a shit. How unrealistic is THAT?
One who can only see the stars as above him lacks the gift of insight. --- Frederich Nietzche.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

I know, the bathrooms look so comfy... I damn him for don't use them...
SpaceProg
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SpaceProg »

Eh, I assume they take a dump when the game's off. Gotta give them SOME privacy, you know.
DamienPales
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DamienPales »

TetrahedronHead wrote:You know what really pissed me off about Origins? Not once, during the entire game, did Travis ever have to stop to take a shit. How unrealistic is THAT?
I'm willing to suspend my disbelief in exchange for not having to see that.

And why are you all complaining about the inventory system? After the unmitigated disaster that was Silent Hill 4's limited inventory, I could care less if Travis is carrying a space shuttle in his jeans pocket. Besides, the "Hyperspace Arsenal" is such a hallowed tradition in video game lore.
SpaceProg
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SpaceProg »

Dimensionally transcendental pants are a good thing.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

SpaceProg wrote:Eh, I assume they take a dump when the game's off. Gotta give them SOME privacy, you know.
I always thought that the Silent Hill characters use the save rooms for rest or sleep by a while... When we turn off the console they have a break... When we load our save file the characters are ready for face more shit...
pisces9397
Just Passing Through

Post by pisces9397 »

SpaceProg wrote:Dimensionally transcendental pants are a good thing.
I think I saw a pair of those on sale at Macy's the other day.
I have a chainsaw in my pocket. -Owl_Waxer
Axel_98
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Axel_98 »

pisces9397 wrote:
SpaceProg wrote:Dimensionally transcendental pants are a good thing.
I think I saw a pair of those on sale at Macy's the other day.
Me Too! I actually bought a pair though, now when im in a bad neighborhood, i just put my car in my pocket.
~The Bird of Hermes is My Name; Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame~
SpaceProg
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SpaceProg »

Best invention since sliced bread, I tells ya.