Hospital Otherworld

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Ioncannon
Just Passing Through

Hospital Otherworld

Post by Ioncannon »

Noticed while playing, as you get close to certain doors, the ambiance plays a slowed and warped sound of a respirator... anyone notice this? You can hear the clanging of the pump and that pfffff sound of someone breathing. Was wondering what it was till a friend pointed it out.
Silent One
Gravedigger

Re: Hospital Otherworld

Post by Silent One »

Ioncannon wrote:Noticed while playing, as you get close to certain doors, the ambiance plays a slowed and warped sound of a respirator... anyone notice this? You can hear the clanging of the pump and that pfffff sound of someone breathing. Was wondering what it was till a friend pointed it out.
Can't say I remember that. thought I sadly have a tendency to miss little details like that.
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

I don't remember it, honestly. But I vaguely remember something involving that thing. Could it be the iron lung? Nah, too obvious. But I heard some stuff like that too, but I can't remember very well or where I heard that.
angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Certain doors? What doors are you talking about?
Weyoun
Just Passing Through

Post by Weyoun »

I think it's just part of the hospital ambience/background music, it has nothing to do with the doors. You hear it now and then.
Dr. Eggnog

Post by Dr. Eggnog »

All the games have little sounds like these. I like that. I also love how music cues play when you solve puzzles. That was cool.
Ioncannon
Just Passing Through

Post by Ioncannon »

best video I can find is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxSc71uy ... ed#t=0m49s

At the part I linked, the banging is the pump (sounds like a oscillating/rotating motion of it going up and down) and just before he opens the door you hear the pfffff breathing sound, tho it's kind of faint.