Did this happon to you?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Chuckles
Hope House Careworker

Post by Chuckles »

I don't think it happoned to me. Sorry, it just really stuck-out. =))

Anyway, I don't recall anything like that happening. I might have had the volume down.
Are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it?

[img]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/2219/noname7mx.png[/img]
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

Post by Aric - The Reaper »

lol, gotta be careful when hearing a noise in Silent Hill, it might be true
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

the volume is a big thing in Silent Hill, keep it loud enough so you can hear everything
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
valiturus

Post by valiturus »

Alot of things scared me in that game, but the scariest was just about every encounter I had with those giant gimp dog things. O_x
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

lol, don't fret, Silent Hill is still a holy place, all it does is bring the darkness of your heart alive.
Nocturnal_Blue
Just Passing Through

Post by Nocturnal_Blue »

Lol I hated finding the paper that said
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Caliban Has it in his cave
And i hated hearing the butcher drag his knife thingy. it always seemed like he was right behind me. I also hated when i got to the street and there was a HUGE roadkill monster.
Axel_98
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Axel_98 »

xD I was playing w/ surround sound when that happened, ended up scaring the **** outta me and i spilled my soda :(

Never playing SH w/ surround sound again xD
~The Bird of Hermes is My Name; Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame~
Nocturnal_Blue
Just Passing Through

Post by Nocturnal_Blue »

Lol i do that with Homecoming and it scares me too. first time i had SS onwas when the ferel first appeared.. Dont play Dead Space with surround sound though, it will scar you for life.

I hate the noise of the roadkill monsters when they are after you in origins.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

ahhaah! Silent Hill rocks in scary sounds
Nocturnal_Blue
Just Passing Through

Post by Nocturnal_Blue »

It does XD but i think Dead Space has the worst(i mean in a good way) background noise on a Surround sound. I like how realistic SH games sound. the noises the monsters make is disturbing
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

That's cool, I should try taht game out
Nocturnal_Blue
Just Passing Through

Post by Nocturnal_Blue »

You should :shock:

I also heard the Butcher when i was running through the tool yard or lumber yard, whatever it was. i thought i was going to turn a corner and get impailed.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

XDD

The Lumber Yard, I need to hear that.
Nocturnal_Blue
Just Passing Through

Post by Nocturnal_Blue »

Yes. Yes you do. lol but you have to really listen or you might miss it
Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Post by Arsonist »

While in the theater when you pick up the sketch drawing, ph or butcher whatever it is

as soon as i exited the file an almighty bang happoned like something coming through the wall,

i litterly paused for 5 minutes lol

this ever happoned to you?
Oh god, yes! Even though I dislike Origins, they had awesome atmosphere and great built-up for scares. They didn't have to use giant abominations bursting through doors every three minutes. They really did know how to mess with my head, like the previous Silent Hill games.

Shame that the story was written on the fanfiction level though.
Nocturnal_Blue
Just Passing Through

Post by Nocturnal_Blue »

Arsonist wrote:
While in the theater when you pick up the sketch drawing, ph or butcher whatever it is

as soon as i exited the file an almighty bang happoned like something coming through the wall,

i litterly paused for 5 minutes lol

this ever happoned to you?
Oh god, yes! Even though I dislike Origins, they had awesome atmosphere and great built-up for scares. They didn't have to use giant abominations bursting through doors every three minutes. They really did know how to mess with my head, like the previous Silent Hill games.

Shame that the story was written on the fanfiction level though.
interesting idea. Never thought of it as a "fanfiction" type of work. The story does have a alot of potential, but there is only so much you can do on a PSP game. :?

But i did get the scare of the moment when i exited 2 doors(Not sure where) and a nurse was right outside attacking me before i knew what the hell was going on. I screamed and dropped my PSP both times XD
pyramidheadkiller007
Just Passing Through

Post by pyramidheadkiller007 »

That happened to me too, I though the Butcher was there and slicing something up behind me! :?
Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Post by Arsonist »

interesting idea. Never thought of it as a "fanfiction" type of work. The story does have a alot of potential, but there is only so much you can do on a PSP game.
You can't blame a console for a shitty story. They had a tight time limit, and they were working on a limited console, they should have known better then to be all over the place. -Either you are going to make a game revolve around angsty protagonist, or have it be about actual Origins, that is to say about Alessa and the cult. You can't have it both ways.

Besides the story had enough factual errors and plot-holes to be compared to fan-fiction. The only thing lacking for it to be posted on ff.net is random gay sex.

True, both possible story-lines had potential, but neither one used it.

Anyway, this isn't the thread for this kind of talk. This thread is about Origins' atmosphere, which was awesome.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

When I heard it for the first time I was 'What the hell was that?! TB is behind me!' and I made Travis run out of the room incase! XD
Travis
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Travis »

Aric - The Reaper wrote:There's a drawing in the theater in one of the rooms of The Butcher, if you look at it you'll hear a noise of the Butcher.
Can someone tell me the room in which you find this drawing please?
Sega is paying close attention. Every vote, every facebook like counts. Keep spreading the word!!