Can't step on the monsters

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Toshiraum
Just Passing Through

Can't step on the monsters

Post by Toshiraum »

Hi! I am new here, but an old fan of Silent Hill.
I started playing SHO, but there's one thing that is making the game kinda difficult. After I beat any monster to the ground, I am not able to step on it. I keep pressing X (with R1 released), but it is no use. Can someone help me?

Btw, this SH seems to be a little more darker than the other ones... or am I just going blind? Oh, and the map has a small delay when loading, or is it just here?

Sorry for the bad english. I am brazilian.
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

If the game is darker just go to the menu of your television and set the "bright option" to whatever suits you best ;)

Also, maybe it's an glitch, the stomp thing I mean. Just keep pressing the button, eventually something will happen. If not, it's obviously a glitch.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Travis doesn't stomp monsters. He's afraid of breaking his leg.
Toshiraum
Just Passing Through

Post by Toshiraum »

That might be a glitch then. It is really impossible to stomp monsters. And about the bright... well, I don't know where the control is, so I am unable to change any options :| . I'll look for it again.
Thanks for your answers!
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Doesn't the game have an option for change the brightness?
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Yeah, but it only ranges from "Totally Blind" to "Dark as Shit".
Nasta
Just Passing Through

Post by Nasta »

You could adjust the brightness on your TV, if you can.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

^ Maybe he has it on the PSP.
Toshiraum
Just Passing Through

Post by Toshiraum »

Well I couldn't find the tv control, so i think i'll have to buy an universal one. Still can't stomp monsters, so yeah, everything i do is run.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Can't you still shoot it or at least stab it with something while it's on the ground? I don't really remember, but I think you can do that instead of just stomping on the monsters with your foot.
Enika
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Enika »

I seem to remember having to release the shoulder button before I can use X to stomp. Maybe it was a peculiarity with my game, but it's always worked for me.
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

It's not peculiar to you: every SH that lets you stomp monsters requires you to release the shoulder button and press X.

That said, the positioning in Origins can be a little finicky.
sneaky
Just Passing Through

Post by sneaky »

When the monster is lying in the ground after you hit it, just press 'X' button when you're standing in front of him. Eventually Travis will step on the monster for the final kill.
" mess with the best;
die like the rest... "
Cyrus
Just Passing Through

Post by Cyrus »

To stomp on downed monsters, Travis must stand perfectly still in front of it, at that time, just simply press X (maybe a few more times if that doesn't work, and be sure you're close to the monster) Just make sure you're not moving and holding down the "ready weapon" button.
adm1r
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by adm1r »

Just played SHOlast night and when i throw down monster on the ground and when i want ot stomp it,Travis finishes monster with weapon in his hands...And about darkness,yes it is darker when you play with everything default,but try play it in the dark and you'll see that it is better.I played with light in the room and it's really hard to see anything on screen.So,turn off the light and enjoy :)