Which build of Silent Hill: Origins was this trailer for?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Cyrus Hanley
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Which build of Silent Hill: Origins was this trailer for?

Post by Cyrus Hanley »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itWfQiSKplw

I must say that it is one of the scariest trailers for a video game that I have ever seen and it sent chills down my spine the first time I saw it. :shock:

I find it quite strange though that none of the monsters from it appear during any gameplay videos on YouTube, which leaves me suspecting that they were from the old Resident Evil style build of Silent Hill: Origins. :?:

If it is, then that's quite ironic, because the gameplay of the final version of Silent Hill: Origins was not exceedingly scary at all and the demo featuring Travis with his laser sight pistol and sledgehammer was a snore fest. :(
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

I saw the butcher and the straight-jacket creature in there. I don't think the game actually had a "resident evil style" build. Some early creature art simply reminded fans of RE, and not exactly in a positive way. :wink:

The shadows that are seen from 0:45-0:49 are probably an early version of the remnant monster—and those fuckers scared the crap out of me; I hated only being able to see their shadows and the cages around their heads!— and the creature at 1:11 is probably a twoback. The wheelchair monster was creepy as hell in the trailer but never actually included in the game, and the creature at 1:57 is just a cloaked member of the Order.

Did I miss anything?
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

The trailer made it look like a great game, but the final product really disappointed me. I was expecting to see more moments from the trailer.
Last edited by simeonalo on 16 Jan 2010, edited 1 time in total.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

simeonalo wrote:they turned it into shit. . .

I'm not saying that origins was bad. . .
You realize these statements are completely contradictory, right?

I will admit, the trailer seriously hyped me up for Origins, and the game didn't quite live up. Even so, I would never call it shit; I still enjoyed it, and I'll probably like it more when I've given it a few more play-throughs. That's what The Room was like for me.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

I edited my post. My thoughts are said clearly this time.
Last edited by simeonalo on 16 Jan 2010, edited 2 times in total.
Cyrus Hanley
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Cyrus Hanley »

JuriDawn wrote:I saw the butcher and the straight-jacket creature in there. I don't think the game actually had a "resident evil style" build. Some early creature art simply reminded fans of RE, and not exactly in a positive way. :wink:

The shadows that are seen from 0:45-0:49 are probably an early version of the remnant monster—and those fuckers scared the crap out of me; I hated only being able to see their shadows and the cages around their heads!— and the creature at 1:11 is probably a twoback. The wheelchair monster was creepy as hell in the trailer but never actually included in the game, and the creature at 1:57 is just a cloaked member of the Order.

Did I miss anything?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGROzNgf_mY/

Well if you ask me, that gameplay video above of the beta Silent Hill: Origins looks a hell of a lot like someone's pathetic attempt at emulating Resident Evil 4's over-the-shoulder camera view and trying desperately to make it seem scary with the crappy background music. :roll:
warfare315
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by warfare315 »

Cyrus Hanley wrote:
JuriDawn wrote:I saw the butcher and the straight-jacket creature in there. I don't think the game actually had a "resident evil style" build. Some early creature art simply reminded fans of RE, and not exactly in a positive way. :wink:

Did I miss anything?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGROzNgf_mY/

Well if you ask me, that gameplay video above of the beta Silent Hill: Origins looks a hell of a lot like someone's pathetic attempt at emulating Resident Evil 4's over-the-shoulder camera view and trying desperately to make it seem scary with the crappy background music. :roll:
Link doesn't work!
Another frequency perpetuated into context, trapped in the eternal paradox.
vaporeyesofficial.bandcamp.com
Facebook.com/vaporeyesofficial
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Just remove the backslash at the end of the link.

I don't really see the point in critiquing the beta version, but hey. Whatever frosts your cookie.
Drainage64
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Drainage64 »

Now tell me if I'm wrong but wasn't the "Team Silent" of sorts working on origins originally before it got transferred to climax? If so then this is probably the trailer from when they were working on it.. Again I'm probably wrong but I thought I'd heard that before.
-=Let's Positive thinking=-
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

I thought that this video was fan-made. :?
Cyrus Hanley
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Cyrus Hanley »

JuriDawn wrote:Just remove the backslash at the end of the link.

I don't really see the point in critiquing the beta version, but hey. Whatever frosts your cookie.
I'm not really critiquing it, I'm just saying to all the people who think that Origins is crap that the game could have turned out a lot worse if the European division of Climax (I think) hadn't stepped in. :x
Drainage64 wrote:Now tell me if I'm wrong but wasn't the "Team Silent" of sorts working on origins originally before it got transferred to climax? If so then this is probably the trailer from when they were working on it.. Again I'm probably wrong but I thought I'd heard that before.
I'm pretty sure that the American division of Climax was originally slated to work on it, with Team Silent having wrote the basic story and plot line.

That was before European division took over, as the American division kept delaying the release date because of various problems and there was a lot of negative public reception.
Mephisto wrote:I thought that this video was fan-made. :?
Which one, the trailer or the beta gameplay video?

The trailer looks too professional to have been made by a fan.