Is my game making new enemies?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

NeoAquarius12
Gravedigger

Is my game making new enemies?

Post by NeoAquarius12 »

That is a serious question.

Here is what was happening on my latest exploration through SHO... So, I make it out of Artaud Theatre, you know, just playing along, exploring like mad to try and get the Accolades I have missed. All of a sudden... a giant carrion is in the middle of the street. I was freaking. When I killed it, it's body disintegrated into black smoke... and when I backtracked to where I saw it, it was there again, alive and well! And there have been other ones on the street too. They all do the same thing, and some of them reappear over and over like I never killed them in the first place. I don't remember seeing them my first 3 times through, but I haven't played it since the game came out on PS2... so, does anyone know if this is... normal? lol
I don't make a signature.
Except for the part of the signature explaining that I don't.
And that.
And that.
And that.
...and that.
LittleRed
Just Passing Through

Post by LittleRed »

I saw the Jumbo Carrions when I played recently.
They showed up with the Calibans, after the theater.

I don't remember them being very numerous though? I guess they spawn in only a few places.
Kenji
Historical Society Historian

Post by Kenji »

Yeah, I saw a giant carrion on that section. Ran into the bookstore to escape it, since I didn't feel it was worth the effort to deal with... that and the respawn rate of Origins is insane on the PSP version (dunno what it's like on the PS2 version, but I expect it's similar). Out on the streets, enemies will come back if you so much as look away from where they were.
NeoAquarius12
Gravedigger

Post by NeoAquarius12 »

haha. I was just making sure. I googled it and nothing came up. I read the gamfaqs bestiary and nothing came up... I was seriously getting worried.

And Kenji, I'm afraid that the PS2 version has a similar problem with respawning. It gets to be irritating, but since I am going for the Butcher ending, it is turning out to work out well. Just wish I didn't go for the Butcher ending and the Melee Accolade at the same time.
And that.
And that.
And that.
...and that.
TleilaxuEyes
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TleilaxuEyes »

I'm surprised you didn't see the giant carrion monsters the first time through. I think they've been there every time I played through the game. Maybe it's somewhat random.
I'm the kind of kid that can't let anything go
But you wouldn't know a good thing if it came up
And slit your throat.
-"My Heart is the Worst Kind of Weapon" by Fall Out Boy

Thanks for the avatar, ST3wolf!
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

I've seen monsters respawn in my game, too, (PSP version) but only outside, in the streets. I can deal with that, but it would be annoying if they respawned indoors.
NeoAquarius12
Gravedigger

Post by NeoAquarius12 »

TleilaxuEyes wrote:I'm surprised you didn't see the giant carrion monsters the first time through. I think they've been there every time I played through the game. Maybe it's somewhat random.
You know, I probably did see them the first few times through... but after a full year of not thinking about the game much, you can see how details might slip out of my mind. lol. Now that I made such a big deal abou it, I am quite sure I will remember them for my next time through.
And that.
And that.
And that.
...and that.
GreyFox
Just Passing Through

Post by GreyFox »

When i played through, they regenerated like crazy.
Heart of Shadows
Just Passing Through

Post by Heart of Shadows »

ps2 version they regenerate outside rooms and when I step outside I have to be quick or they sneak attack me.
It takes much more courage and intelligence to face truth as it is, out in the world and inside oneself, without wishful thinking or preference based on a superficial view of reality.

"You always feel like you are the only one in the world, like everyone else is crazy for each other, but it's not true. Generally, people don't like each other very much. And that goes for friends, too. "
— Miranda July
NeoAquarius12
Gravedigger

Post by NeoAquarius12 »

Well, I beat the game for my third time. Collected 364 items to get the collector accolade. And I certainly will remember that there are giant carrions my next time through. Although they don't pose too much of a threat when you have the tesla rifle. lol
And that.
And that.
And that.
...and that.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

I saw the giant carrions too, and I've only played through it once. It was quite amusing as the first few times seeing those things you just see a great big ass being dragged along, so I had dubbed it the 'ass monster', only to later spot a HUGE ass monster.

The carrions freaked me out a lot more when I realised what they symbolised though (I'm pretty sure I got it right),
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
since Travis is a trucker, he would have caused some roadkill in his time, I think the carrions are a manifestation of his guilt for having killed or maimed an animal with his truck, hence them appearing like a maimed animal trying to drag itself along
so I think of them less as 'ass monsters' now. :lol:
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.