cigarettes.

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

SHF
Historical Society Historian

cigarettes.

Post by SHF »

SO ive been wondering a few little questions. What kind of cigs does travis smoke?
Does anybody know where hes coming from? and wheres hes heading when he stalls in silent hill??
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

I don't think it's confirmed about what brand he uses and his hometown-through he probably lives some distance from the Silent Hill-Brahms area if he's a truck driver.

He's heading to Brahms, it's clearly stated at the beginning of the game.
Milquetoast
Just Passing Through

Post by Milquetoast »

Was't he just stopping through Brahms to get coffee?
Sometimes, and atomic weapon is just an atomic weapon, ja? Except that one. That one is a f*cking c*ck, you sick sh*t.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

I don't recall, but doesn't he smoke Hemingways? I dimly remember someone mentioning Hemingways being a memento in SH:SM and it was related to Travis somehow...
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

Travis only smokes when he's happy so I'm not really sure we'd be able to see him smoking in Silent Hill.
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.
So whose the pervert now :P?

((Apparently you can OD on Green Tea...And it's painful.))
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

He went to Brahms for a truck stop. He smokes Hemingway. It's not shown where you came from.
SilentHillSurvivor

Post by SilentHillSurvivor »

They need smoking in the next silent hill game, maybe as a stress relief item that keeps your aim sharper or something Iunno. I don't know all the effects that smokin causes all I know is when I smoke it chills me out.
Milquetoast
Just Passing Through

Post by Milquetoast »

Eh, even though they're supposed to be Mature games, I'm sure there'd still be people complaining about how it's trying to promote smoking or some crap like there always is :roll:
Sometimes, and atomic weapon is just an atomic weapon, ja? Except that one. That one is a f*cking c*ck, you sick sh*t.
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

Meh, I wouldn't feel any different about the game even if there was smoking, the smoke might be distracting unless it would be like in BioShock where your too busy being attacked to even notices any smoke.
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.
So whose the pervert now :P?

((Apparently you can OD on Green Tea...And it's painful.))
Prisonic Fairytale
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Prisonic Fairytale »

Heather quit, Travis should too.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

I wonder if the Heather+Smoke thing is just a reminiscent of her burning, or if it really is real.
Last edited by simeonalo on 05 Apr 2010, edited 1 time in total.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

SilentHillSurvivor wrote:They need smoking in the next silent hill game, maybe as a stress relief item that keeps your aim sharper or something Iunno. I don't know all the effects that smokin causes all I know is when I smoke it chills me out.
Snake from Metal Gear Solid won't get even close from Silent Hill. No way.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>He smokes Hemingway.
Source? Not that I'm doubting you, or anyone, I just don't remember seeing a brand name.

I'm curious b/c it would be the second Hemingway reference in the Silent Hill series.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

There's a billboard for Hemingway cigarettes in Origins, which is referenced by one of the mementos in Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. It's not a fair stretch to assume Travis smokes them.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

AuraTwilight wrote:There's a billboard for Hemingway cigarettes in Origins, which is referenced by one of the mementos in Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. It's not a fair stretch to assume Travis smokes them.
This, I suppose. I recall reading in the SH Homages thread in the SM Spoilers Forum that he smokes Hemingway; it was secondhand evidence, I suppose. I'd trust Aura's judgement on this.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Separate universes.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Yuki wrote:I don't recall, but doesn't he smoke Hemingways? I dimly remember someone mentioning Hemingways being a memento in SH:SM and it was related to Travis somehow...
Yes, you find a pack of Hemingways in
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Cybil's police cruiser.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

It's one of the mementos that I always miss, even though I always know that it's there :)
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

MMY wrote:Separate universes.
Well, yeah, but I was thinking of it as an homage seeing as SM has a ton of those. Of course, I could be totally wrong; I honestly wasn't paying attention to many details in SH:O, so I don't remember if they actually state what he smokes.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

What Silent Hill: Shattered Memories suggests about Travis is irrelevant b/c the games aren't part of the same continuity. If we begin taking even a modicum of those types of references as part of the main story-arc, we have to take every element from the entire game and somehow make it fit.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.