Travis what exactally happened to him after Origins?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Typographenia
Historical Society Historian

Re: Travis what exactally happened to him after Origins?

Post by Typographenia »

Hey, guys, I have a theory....

Nah, that's just crazy.
snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

Post by snakesonaplane »

Shadow wrote:
snakesonaplane wrote:Well I have had a theory that Silent Hill is nothing more then a druggies ODed illusion.
Theories are great, but there's something missing here - evidence.
IDK the drug distribution the town had. You also have the syphilis outbreak.
Please view my Silent Hill 2 AMV!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSh0RdDCLQ4

The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>You also have the syphilis outbreak.<
Source me.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

Post by snakesonaplane »

The Adversary wrote:>You also have the syphilis outbreak.<
Source me.
Uh play the games hun. It's something that was pretty obvious in SH2.

AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

And he's saying it's not pretty obvious, so source him. I guarantee Adversary's played the game more times and more thoroughly than you.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

Post by snakesonaplane »

You know I had some stuff from the silent hill wiki, and what's his name got all sassy molassy on me because it did not match his records.

I don't care if his life ambition is to be the Silent Hill master I KNOW FOR A FACT that there was implication of an outbreak of it in 2 somewhere in the game.

Choose not to believe me I know it is customary here not to.

I still respect you all <3

paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

snakesonaplane wrote:You know I had some stuff from the silent hill wiki, and what's his name got all sassy molassy on me because it did not match his records.

I don't care if his life ambition is to be the Silent Hill master I KNOW FOR A FACT that there was implication of an outbreak of it in 2 somewhere in the game.

No one's getting in your shit. We just would like a SOURCE for your information. It's basically asking you to provide substance. I can say there were killer clowns in one of the games and that I KNOW IT FOR A FACT, but without a source, it's meaningless. Now, there was a disease outbreak that led to Brookhaven being built. But it was some type of contagion, not an STD.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

snakesonaplane, are you thinking of the syphilis posters in the doctor's office in homecoming?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Uh play the games hun. It's something that was pretty obvious in SH2.<
You've yet to cite me anything. And I can guarantee you're wrong.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

Post by snakesonaplane »

paladin181 wrote:
snakesonaplane wrote:You know I had some stuff from the silent hill wiki, and what's his name got all sassy molassy on me because it did not match his records.

No one's getting in your shit. We just would like a SOURCE for your information. It's basically asking you to provide substance. I can say there were killer clowns in one of the games and that I KNOW IT FOR A FACT, but without a source, it's meaningless. Now, there was a disease outbreak that led to Brookhaven being built. But it was some type of contagion, not an STD.
Now see... if you said that I would believe you. Why? because you're you. I don't need any reason beyond that. I'm not going to get all sassy on you. WELL maybe if it was about Travis and you got something wrong but I wouldn't be demanding a source if it was like the most common thing that ALL Silent Hillers knew.
The Adversary wrote:>Uh play the games hun. It's something that was pretty obvious in SH2.<
Look at the dates for the Travis section in the Silent Hill Wiki. You'll see where I got my dates that conflicted with the dates you created.

Let me get you started:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Travis+Silent+Hill+Wiki

Unless you changed them to your dates. Which is plausible and in that case I'm sorry for the inaccuracies. I'm not up to date on my Silent Hill chronology.

As for my drug notion. I REALLY don't know why I have to explain myself. It is COMMON KNOWLEDGE that Silent Hill was involved in drugs. For the love of Betsy you picked some up in Silent Hill and there were characters in other games that talked about it. I believe in Origins when you were in the motel and you interrupted Lisa getting it on. You found drugs in that room.

Like for real real here the drug stuff is all in the game and unless you speed ran through it you'd see it.

But if you INSIST on not believing it cause it's snakesonaplane saying it, and lord knows I can NEVER DO ANYTHING RIGHT by y'all look here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/198641-silen ... faqs/40662

Do a find for drugs. WOW guess what you find :shock:

http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Lisa_Garland

Dear lordy in heaven!

http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Silent_Hill_(town)

Look what you find THERE!

But seriously. Play the games and pay more attention to it.
Typographenia wrote:snakesonaplane, are you thinking of the syphilis posters in the doctor's office in homecoming?
Alex was in the Army. Of course they gotta talk about Syphilis there. That spreads like a wild fire between their loins in the army. In addition to a high school.

Though I'm pretty sure I read someplace in the Silent Hill 2 game that at one point the town had an outbreak.

The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Look at the dates for the Travis section in the Silent Hill Wiki. You'll see where I got my dates that conflicted with the dates you created.<
The Silent Hill wiki is created by fans. It does not provide sources relevant to your argument. Source me.

>I'm not up to date on my Silent Hill chronology.<
I am.

>As for my drug notion. I REALLY don't know why I have to explain myself. It is COMMON KNOWLEDGE that Silent Hill was involved in drugs.<
I have asked nothing pertaining to the drug PTV. Please read harder.

>But seriously. Play the games and pay more attention to it.<
Not bad. Keep trying.

>Alex was in the Army. Of course they gotta talk about Syphilis there. That spreads like a wild fire between their loins in the army. In addition to a high school.<
For the nth time: Source me. You must be 12 years old. Also: Alex was never in the Army. You lose.

>Though I'm pretty sure I read someplace in the Silent Hill 2 game that at one point the town had an outbreak.<
Again: Source me. . . .
Last edited by The Adversary on 25 Aug 2010, edited 1 time in total.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Dark Shadow
Just Passing Through

Post by Dark Shadow »

snakesonaplane wrote:As for my drug notion. I REALLY don't know why I have to explain myself. It is COMMON KNOWLEDGE that Silent Hill was involved in drugs. For the love of Betsy you picked some up in Silent Hill and there were characters in other games that talked about it. I believe in Origins when you were in the motel and you interrupted Lisa getting it on. You found drugs in that room.

Like for real real here the drug stuff is all in the game and unless you speed ran through it you'd see it.

But if you INSIST on not believing it cause it's snakesonaplane saying it, and lord knows I can NEVER DO ANYTHING RIGHT by y'all look here:

Dear lordy in heaven!

Nobody said anything about there not being drugs in the game, and as far as I can recall the only mention of syphilis is the poster in Homecoming.
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

snakesonaplane wrote:
paladin181 wrote: No one's getting in your shit. We just would like a SOURCE for your information. It's basically asking you to provide substance. I can say there were killer clowns in one of the games and that I KNOW IT FOR A FACT, but without a source, it's meaningless. Now, there was a disease outbreak that led to Brookhaven being built. But it was some type of contagion, not an STD.
Now see... if you said that I would believe you. Why? because you're you. I don't need any reason beyond that. I'm not going to get all sassy on you. WELL maybe if it was about Travis and you got something wrong but I wouldn't be demanding a source if it was like the most common thing that ALL Silent Hillers knew.
Except, this isn't something that all Silent Hill fans know. Seemingly, it's just you and perhaps a select few others.
snakesonaplane wrote:
The Adversary wrote:>Uh play the games hun. It's something that was pretty obvious in SH2.<
Look at the dates for the Travis section in the Silent Hill Wiki. You'll see where I got my dates that conflicted with the dates you created.

Let me get you started:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Travis+Silent+Hill+Wiki

Unless you changed them to your dates. Which is plausible and in that case I'm sorry for the inaccuracies. I'm not up to date on my Silent Hill chronology.
He was talking about "syphilis". You even quoted that part in your quote. Unless Travis was in SH2 as well..?

No one said anything about the dates. The developers didn't even care enough about him to determine even an approximate age.
snakesonaplane wrote:As for my drug notion. I REALLY don't know why I have to explain myself. It is COMMON KNOWLEDGE that Silent Hill was involved in drugs. For the love of Betsy you picked some up in Silent Hill and there were characters in other games that talked about it. I believe in Origins when you were in the motel and you interrupted Lisa getting it on. You found drugs in that room.

Dear lordy in heaven!

No one, not a one of us argued this point. Ever. PTV was a significant plot element in SH1 (refined from White Claudia), and by association with SH: Ø. Anyone who does argue against this indeed is ignoring evidence all over.
snakesonaplane wrote:
Typographenia wrote:snakesonaplane, are you thinking of the syphilis posters in the doctor's office in homecoming?
Alex was in the Army. Of course they gotta talk about Syphilis there. That spreads like a wild fire between their loins in the army. In addition to a high school.
If you didn't play the game, I won't spoil this for you. And Syphilis isn't a huge problem in the military, really. Your stereotypes and unfounded information fail you here. In fact let me source you.
Defense Medical Surveillance System, Slide 19 of 25 wrote:Primary/Secondary Syphilis:
2000-2006 Army reported rates have fluctuated between 4 and 8 cases/100,000 p-yrs, peaking in 2004 then steadily decreasing
2006 Army reported rate: 6.3 cases/100,000 p-yrs
2000-2006 U.S. general population rates have steadily increased from 2 to 3.5 cases/100,000 p-yrs
2006 reported national rate: 3.5 cases/100,000 p-yrs
IF Alex had been in the Army, he'd have been in from 2003-2007, most of which falls under this case study. Now, while the numbers for Syphilis are higher in the Army than the general population, .004%-.008% is HARDLY "[spreading] like a wild fire between their loins in the army." Not to mention those numbers were on the decline.
snakesonaplane wrote:Though I'm pretty sure I read someplace in the Silent Hill 2 game that at one point the town had an outbreak.
I'd love to see this. Not because I think you're wrong, but because I've never seen it.
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>I'd love to see this. Not because I think you're wrong, but because I've never seen it.<
I would, too. Mostly because s/he is wrong and it'd be impossible to show.

And wow. I just read some of that wiki article. It's so full of unfounded, unsourced information it's almost ludicrous.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SHF

Post by SHF »

The Adversary wrote:>Look at the dates for the Travis section in the Silent Hill Wiki. You'll see where I got my dates that conflicted with the dates you created.<
The Silent Hill wiki is created by fans. It does not provide sources relevant to your argument. Source me.

>I'm not up to date on my Silent Hill chronology.<
I am.

>As for my drug notion. I REALLY don't know why I have to explain myself. It is COMMON KNOWLEDGE that Silent Hill was involved in drugs.<
I have asked nothing pertaining to the drug PTV. Please read harder.

>But seriously. Play the games and pay more attention to it.<
Not bad. Keep trying.

>Alex was in the Army. Of course they gotta talk about Syphilis there. That spreads like a wild fire between their loins in the army. In addition to a high school.<
For the nth time: Source me. You must be 12 years old. Also: Alex was never in the Army. You lose.

>Though I'm pretty sure I read someplace in the Silent Hill 2 game that at one point the town had an outbreak.<
Again: Source me. . . .
We know that the hospital was built for the epidemic outbreaks that happened in silent hills history. There is nothing stating what the epidemics were. Its not specific.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, even then, SYPHILIS DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>There is nothing stating what the epidemics were. Its not specific.<
Ad ignorantiam fallacies are the best!

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SHF

Post by SHF »

are you saying that im ignorant or that the statement is?
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Look up what an ad ignorantiam fallacy is and you'll have your answer.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Sometimes I think that Travis may have continued to do Alessa's bidding even after the game, due to the opening of Homecoming, in which it seems like perhaps he had to bring Alex back to Shepherd's glen, ready to start his journey, and possibly why he has his nightmare in the truck (or even why he appears in the truck after the nightmare, who knows if he was there all along or if Alessa/Silent Hill put him there)...

Or on the other hand maybe he just went back to trucking and it's a co-incidense that Alex hitch-hiked with him.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.