Travis what exactally happened to him after Origins?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

Travis what exactally happened to him after Origins?

Post by snakesonaplane »

So we all know that Travis made a cameo in Homecoming at the VERY BEGINNING OF THE GAME. So all my Silent Hillers who haven't played homecoming no worries on the spoilers! 8)

This got me thinking... The time period from Origins and Homecoming has to be pretty big. Cause Travis went from this young buck:

To this mature sexy beast of a man:

Based on his age I would say Travis was like what in his 30s in Origins. In Homecoming he looks like maybe 50s. So like I want to know what in the world happened in between!

I mean he grows this amazingly sexy beard which I would just love it if he went through my silent hills with it :?

Oh lord my I'm getting off topic here.

So it's like what did he do now that he confronted his past and can maybe move on? I mean WE ALL KNOW that once you go into Silent Hill you are bound to it spiritually. As we saw with Travis's past and with SH1 and SH3. Honey you aint leaving SH till you are dead!

Something had to have happened where Travis had another confrontation with the dreaded town. I mean seriously here people Truckers are like alive GPSs they know where they are 24/7! If Shepherd's Glen really is the neighbor of Silent Hill then Travis would have never gone by it. UNLESS something happened and he's ok with the being around the area of Silent Hill.

I mean I also maybe thinking way to much into this and Travis being in there could be seen as the older man passing down the torch to a younger one.

But seriously... even a digital comic just to tell what he's been up to would be nice.

What do y'all think.
Last edited by snakesonaplane on 17 Aug 2010, edited 2 times in total.
Please view my Silent Hill 2 AMV!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSh0RdDCLQ4

Typographenia
Historical Society Historian

Re: Silent Hill Origins 2... Could it appear?

Post by Typographenia »

Not to seem narcissistic, but I must quote myself for my response.
Typographenia wrote:His is a story meant to be told around campfires!

The tale of a man, his beard, and their journey across the land in a truck! Learning to work together, face seemingly insurmountable odds, and realizing that sometimes the thing you're really looking for is just under your nose. And chin.
I really don't think we'll be seeing him again, though. At least not for a full-blown story.
Perhaps it's better left up to your imagination?
snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

Re: Silent Hill Origins 2... Could it appear?

Post by snakesonaplane »

Typographenia wrote:Not to seem narcissistic, but I must quote myself for my response.
Typographenia wrote:His is a story meant to be told around campfires!

The tale of a man, his beard, and their journey across the land in a truck! Learning to work together, face seemingly insurmountable odds, and realizing that sometimes the thing you're really looking for is just under your nose. And chin.
OH! So you're saying that Travis dies somewhere around here and his/his truck Spirits (since Truckers have that special bond with their trucks) come back to take Alex to Shepard Glen. Since even in death Travis couldn't escape Silent Hill it was SH that made SG into what it was and Alex had to go to it.

This would explain why there was a barren truck in the town after Travis dropped him off with fresh gasoline in it!

Travis is like a carrier or a transporter to someones horrible dreams...

Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Re: Travis what exactally happened to him after Origins?

Post by Video Gamer »

...What?

I don't recall people being bound by any means to Silent Hill after you leave it.
snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

Post by snakesonaplane »

Just look at Heather. Or Travis for that matter. All there when children but came back older.

The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>The time period from Origins and Homecoming has to be pretty big.<
1973 to 2007

>Based on his age I would say Travis was like what in his 30s in Origins<
This is impossible. Read the last page of my timeline thread for an explanation why.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

snakesonaplane wrote:Just look at Heather. Or Travis for that matter. All there when children but came back older.
Heather was born in the town, and was drawn there due to the cult, not because of some spiritual thing. Travis was raised there and faced some pretty traumatic events. It's not a surprise either of them returned.
snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

Post by snakesonaplane »

The Adversary wrote:>The time period from Origins and Homecoming has to be pretty big.<
1973 to 2007

>Based on his age I would say Travis was like what in his 30s in Origins<
This is impossible. Read the last page of my timeline thread for an explanation why.
I was getting my info from the Silent Hill Wiki.

http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Travis_Grady

Maybe you should modify it.

paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Eh. Who really cares what happened to Travis? He's a forgettable character in a story that was poorly put together. I'd be more interested in Henry's, Alex's or Heather's fate than Travis'.

Besides, has it even been confirmed that Random Trucker is Travis? I don't recall it being stated that it is, and while they ARE dressed similarly, it's not necessarily the case (particularly since the model was originally intended to be a hunter in Homecoming).
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================
SHF

Post by SHF »

He probably went back to work and his life.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

I'd always imagine Travis retired and was admitted to Brahms Senior Home Center.
snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

Post by snakesonaplane »

paladin181 wrote: Besides, has it even been confirmed that Random Trucker is Travis? I don't recall it being stated that it is, and while they ARE dressed similarly, it's not necessarily the case (particularly since the model was originally intended to be a hunter in Homecoming).
Whitney refers to him as Travis. If Whitney says so then it must be true.
Eh. Who really cares what happened to Travis? He's a forgettable character in a story that was poorly put together.
I'll just pretend that I didn't read that.

AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

After Origins, he did normal Trucker stuff, made a cameo in Homecoming, then kept doing normal Trucker stuff. The end.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

Post by snakesonaplane »

AuraTwilight wrote:After Origins, he did normal Trucker stuff, made a cameo in Homecoming, then kept doing normal Trucker stuff. The end.
I just cannot believe that within the 34 years between Origins and Homecoming that Silent Hill did not call upon him again.

That just doesn't seem like Silent Hill.

The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

He faced his demons. He's done.

Besides: Silent Hill, at the time of Silent Hill: Origins, couldn't "call" people. Only after Silent Hill did it have that influence over people.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

Pyramid head doesn't have a giant penis under his helmet, Travis was kept under his helmet in a fetal-like state all this time until he escaped to wander around the neighboring countryside before encountering his truck once more. After cleaning himself in a nearby stream, he got back in his truck, inspected his beard in the sideview mirror with a gentle stroke, and started down the road toward the life he had missed for so many years. It wasn't long before he noticed a hitch-hiker on the side of the road wearing what appeared to be a military jacket...
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I just cannot believe that within the 34 years between Origins and Homecoming that Silent Hill did not call upon him again.

You make it sound like Silent Hill is some sort of living being that insists on eating everyone who passes through it. It's not. Travis has no more ties to Silent Hill. Everyone who went back there went back of their own accord, not because of a supernatural call.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

Post by snakesonaplane »

AuraTwilight wrote:

You make it sound like Silent Hill is some sort of living being that insists on eating everyone who passes through it. It's not. Travis has no more ties to Silent Hill. Everyone who went back there went back of their own accord, not because of a supernatural call.
Well I have had a theory that Silent Hill is nothing more then a druggies ODed illusion.

AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

You'd be wrong.
Shadow
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Shadow »

snakesonaplane wrote:Well I have had a theory that Silent Hill is nothing more then a druggies ODed illusion.
Theories are great, but there's something missing here - evidence.