A point that Fungo brought up...*spoilers*

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

NeoAquarius12
Gravedigger

Re: A point that Fungo brought up...*spoilers*

Post by NeoAquarius12 »

And of course, the mirror things makes total sense for him because of his Mother's connection to the mirrors OR psychosis about the "Mirror World." Yeah, this Otherworld is not connected to Alessa much except for the fact that she is a semi-guide to Travis. He needs to confront his past, and she needs him to stop the cult from releasing the Flauros demon or whatever it was. The only inconsistancy that can really exist IMO is the one about the fire, but that doesn't necessarily have to be the way she got hurt, but how she made it look for Travis in order to get him to the town?
I don't make a signature.
Except for the part of the signature explaining that I don't.
And that.
And that.
And that.
...and that.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

NeoAquarius12 wrote:And of course, the mirror things makes total sense for him because of his Mother's connection to the mirrors OR psychosis about the "Mirror World."
Yep, that's what I was hinting at. :) We actually see/hear a scene in Cedar Grove Sanitarium that tells us she sees weird mirror crap. If I remember correctly she says something along the lines of the people in the mirror telling her to kill Travis.
NeoAquarius12 wrote:Yeah, this Otherworld is not connected to Alessa much except for the fact that she is a semi-guide to Travis. He needs to confront his past, and she needs him to stop the cult from releasing the Flauros demon or whatever it was.
I wonder...did she really mean for him to confront his past, or was it simply coincidence that she found someone with major problems when she really needed help?
As for the Flauros demon, I don't think it was real. If I remember correctly he reads something about the Flauros being used to trap/contain a demon. So he probably just assumed there was one in there, hence it's arrival at the end. He thought it into existence (or dreamed the fight or whatever...I haven't thought that out much). Dahlia didn't want the Flauros found, as evdient by the fact pieces were hidden all over the place. I think Alessa simply wanted it to give her powers a boost in order to stop them from birthing God.
NeoAquarius12 wrote:The only inconsistancy that can really exist IMO is the one about the fire, but that doesn't necessarily have to be the way she got hurt, but how she made it look for Travis in order to get him to the town?
There are a few inconsistencies at the start, not just in regrades to SH1's continuity. I remember reading a thread here somewhere about the mysterious hooded figure who runs across the road at the start of the game. That figure doesn't appear anywhere else in the game (to my knowledge, anyway). So who the hell is it? :?
As for where Alessa was burned, I don't think they overlooked that at all. I think they just decided that rescuing her from the basement would've been too hazardous, hence why they placed her upstairs. Who in their right mind would go into the basement of a burning building anyway? Perhaps Climax were simply hoping we would overlook such a minor detail?
Anyway, I don't think Alessa made anything look like anything to Travis. She had already led him to her. Also, Dahlia was there too, remember? She was lurking around, watching. If the place wasn't really on fire, then why lurk and watch?
NeoAquarius12
Gravedigger

Post by NeoAquarius12 »

Okay, we're squared away on the mirrors. Check. I have been talking about those damn things since I got here. haha.

and as for the Flauros demon... I have no idea. Yeah, I mean, it kind of makes sense that he imagined the entire encounter. He didn't seem like the Ultimate boss I was hoping for. I mean, it's kind of an abrupt ending. I thought that if he were to face the cult, at least have something more than him being knocked out by them and fighting what seems to be an imaginary demon... or that could be a reference to his own inner demon. Although, wasn't that technically The Butcher?

and about the basement thing... I don't know. I have no concept of how they explain the burning in the first place. And as for Dahlie, IDK. IDK at all. haha. I want to believe they made the choice to change it for a reason, but as for the reason, I haven't a clue.
I don't make a signature.
Except for the part of the signature explaining that I don't.
And that.
And that.
And that.
...and that.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

There are a few inconsistencies at the start, not just in regrades to SH1's continuity. I remember reading a thread here somewhere about the mysterious hooded figure who runs across the road at the start of the game. That figure doesn't appear anywhere else in the game (to my knowledge, anyway). So who the hell is it?
It's generally assumed to represent Alessa, though it's pretty much a plot hole.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Okay, we're squared away on the mirrors. Check.<
Some people might be but it's really not a satisfactory answer to the inconsistency.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SHF

Post by SHF »

AuraTwilight wrote:
There are a few inconsistencies at the start, not just in regrades to SH1's continuity. I remember reading a thread here somewhere about the mysterious hooded figure who runs across the road at the start of the game. That figure doesn't appear anywhere else in the game (to my knowledge, anyway). So who the hell is it?
It's generally assumed to represent Alessa, though it's pretty much a plot hole.
Either alessa, or dahlia.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

helldescent wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:
Either alessa, or dahlia.
I don't think it's Dahlia. The figure doesn't have that whole crazy-religious-zealot aura around her. The figure seems more...panicked and frightened than crazy. Dahlia seemed far too in control and unconcerned when we see her at the fire.
SHF

Post by SHF »

I'm just suggesting that the hooded figure could be dahlia, as she wears a coweled cloak.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

That, and Dahlia doesn't have magical teleporting powers.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>I'm just suggesting that the hooded figure could be dahlia, as she wears a coweled cloak.<
And somehow managed to not only change, but also run all the way home before Travis gets there. . . .
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SHF

Post by SHF »

Her house wasn't far.
And, she could've easily taken off her coat. That doesn't require changing.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

But why would she burn her daughter, then run out into the road, then run back to her house, snoop around, then run away again?

That makes no sense, she wouldn't leave the ritual unattended to go bug Travis. There was too much riding on their ritual for her to run away, hell look away for a moment, that is why she is still sneaking around when Travis gets there. She is making sure everything is going on the way it is supposed to.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Harrys_Girl wrote:But why would she burn her daughter, then run out into the road, then run back to her house, snoop around, then run away again?

That makes no sense, she wouldn't leave the ritual unattended to go bug Travis. There was too much riding on their ritual for her to run away, hell look away for a moment, that is why she is still sneaking around when Travis gets there. She is making sure everything is going on the way it is supposed to.
Which brings up another reason why it can't be her. If it were Dahlia, then running around like an idiot could attract unwanted attention that could end up interfering with the ritual. Pretty much exactly like what happened with Travis, actually.
SHF

Post by SHF »

Glad that she got ruled out. Now i know it was alessa. Thanks guys
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

On top of that, the person in the cloak who ran out collapsed in exhaustion and fright, as if they were being pursued or running from a gruesome scene or something. Totally Alessa.
SHF

Post by SHF »

But Alessa is lying in on the ground when travis gets to the house. You mean alessa's projected self, right?
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

helldescent wrote:But Alessa is lying in on the ground when travis gets to the house. You mean alessa's projected self, right?
Correct.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

i thought much of this obvious and/ or explained in-game.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
Trauma_
Gravedigger

Post by Trauma_ »

alone in the town wrote:The thing that gets me about the 'Team Silent' worship is that this team did four games in the series, and Shattered Memories is better than half of them.
I'd have to agree with this... "Team Silent" was really only 4 people anyways. along with the fact that some people actually still think the team called themselves as such.

I still can't believe this thread is still going. It's pretty damned obvious to me now that I can't take half of the fan information out there at face value anyways. Kind of learned my lesson with that, but then again, when I first joiined this forum, I'd only been playing the games for about a year, hadn't even finished 4, or Homecoming and I was more concerned with the games I had already played than figuring out the canon of the series in it's entirety. Case closed...
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^There were some promo videos for the second game where they were calling themselves Team Silent, so obviously it stuck well enough. Hmph.

But it's good that you don't take everything another fan tells you at face value. That can get you into a lot of trouble in this fandom.
We've got A LOT of crazy ideas floating around, not just in this thread.

Hell, not just in this forum, actually. :D
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128