Hometown

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Hometown - Relevent to Origins?

Yeah, that makes sense...
33%
Nice idea, but probably not...
26%
No, its just coincidence
1%
You've fallen into the trap of Over Analysis!
39%

Total votes: 69

D90
Hope House Careworker

Hometown

Post by D90 »

This is a long shot, a very long shot - perhaps even noobish in nature - but its just a thought that randomly came to me. Its not based on much evidence, or anything like that, but I thought I should post it nonetheless, just to see what other people thought;

Could they be making the game about the man featured in the hometown song?
Who tells his story at the bar, and everyone laughs at him, then the next day he turns up dead?

Like I said theres little evidence to support this at all, and what evidence there is is circumstantial (Song features in the trailer, 'mob of dark creatures emerged from the mist' seen in trailer, mentions of a certain 'she' - Alessa) but what do you think?

I voted "Nice idea, but probably not"
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

There's a possibility, or they could just be using the song as a reference for the town itself and the spooky weirdness that goes on in there. "To the town that takes all" and all that stuff.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
just a dead boy
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by just a dead boy »

yeah when you listen to the lyrics you can just hear it`s about the weird stuff that`s going on in SH. but still... it could be...
[img]http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8130/sigshhpv4.jpg[/img]
sh#1fan

Post by sh#1fan »

not at all~

Thats not way out there or random? i thought the same thing when i saw the trailer. it would fit better then it did in sh3
oO?
Hometown
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hometown »

I always thought the "He" mentioned in "He spoke of torture souls" and throughout the rest of the song (minus the bar) was referring to Harry.

"He refused to give in,
To the town that takes all."

"Then he shouts at the moon.
"She's gone!" and fear has overcome.

He was walking the mile
He was walking alone..."

"She and he will know...
That someday...
All things will end..."

Especially those parts. The She referring to Cheryl and/or Alessa.
[img]http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/5659/sig6ku.gif[/img]
Killer Raven

Post by Killer Raven »

Yeh the song really talks about henry, but you only see it in SH3 at the credits, with the obvious image. But it talks about the town as well, so it fits.
ant_garland
Gravedigger

Post by ant_garland »

I think they just didnt wanna make a new song ten again we dont know enough about origins to say
User has been Trolled. And rightfully so.
AgentX7k
Hope House Careworker

Post by AgentX7k »

ant_garland wrote:I think they just didnt wanna make a new song ten again we dont know enough about origins to say
I think thats probably true :P
"The Body Is Cold?"
batmanhill6157
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by batmanhill6157 »

You never really know when it comes to Silent Hill, so hey, we'll see. I'd like to think that they went back to something that the fans will know.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/1130/lbpbatsigxl6.png[/img][/url]
PSN ID: batmanhill6157
December Man
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by December Man »

I always thought the song was about someone telling the story of Harry...
[img]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5149/smallershsig8jd.jpg[/img]
D90
Hope House Careworker

Post by D90 »

The guy dies, though, so it cant be.
Plus it was only given lyrics in SH3, I believe, after/at the same time as Harry's story prior to SH1 was written
(Takes the baby, kills a cult member, has to go into hiding, ends up killed by the Missionary, etc as opposed to goes to bar, dies)
Whoomp
Gravedigger

Post by Whoomp »

Killer Raven wrote:Yeh the song really talks about henry, but you only see it in SH3 at the credits, with the obvious image. But it talks about the town as well, so it fits.
That seems more likely.
D90
Hope House Careworker

Post by D90 »

Why?
Because victims = tortured souls?

I'm pretty sure 'tortured souls' is just a reference to monsters in general.

Plus - I dont know if you guys do, but - I always got the impression that this bar is one of those lonely roadside ones with a few creepy and hairy regulars, and almost no one else, rather than one in a city or populated area.

I dont see Henry going into one of those, especially if Eileens still alive.
He saved her life, therefore can guilt-trip her into sex. Al-right. :wink:
Fredrick2003
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fredrick2003 »

I voted "nice idea but probobly not", because that would be TOO cool to be true.
Alessa
Just Passing Through

Post by Alessa »

Thats a pretty good idea although i've always thought that the lyrics were based on Harry.

drakan90 wrote:
Plus - I dont know if you guys do, but - I always got the impression that this bar is one of those lonely roadside ones with a few creepy and hairy regulars, and almost no one else, rather than one in a city or populated area.
I've always thought that too, which makes me think that maybe it could tie in the Origins, because truck drivers are most likely going to stop at a road side bar.

Anyway, who knows. Maybe they just put it in the trailor because its a creepy song. We'll just have to wait and see.
sh#1fan

Post by sh#1fan »

the song is about a guy who herd a guy talk abot silent hill~

i really doubt the song was about henry or harry. James yes, but this new character sounds to fit it the most.
oO?
Doorstop_Idol
Just Passing Through

Post by Doorstop_Idol »

I voted "Nice idea, but probably not..." as well but now the more I think about it, the more I could see it actually being made to fit with Origins.

While the case can be made (and quite well at that) that most of the song is in regards to Harry and his quest I think there is a definite possibility that this could relate to Origins as well. Reason being is that the guy at the bar who died is not meant to be Harry.

"Through this fog they come along
Dark creatures singing a terrible song
The rest of the bar laughed at him
Only I felt my hope grow dim
They found him dead the very next day
"No more stories from him," I heard them say
We blamed bad luck for his fate
Only I felt terror so great"

Harry was at this bar when a man (maybe an older O'Grady who was permanately haunted by his experiences in Silent Hill...provided he survives the game of course) ranted about monsters and such, as if he finally went crazy. Everyone else thought he was just nuts but Harry, since he went through a similar ordeal, realized that the guy was telling the truth and it made him worried that something might be stirring again. Heck you could even make the case (and yes this is a stretch I admit) that this possible exchange in the bar took place not long before the events of SH3. Since if you look at the rest of the lyrics after that part...

"She and he will know
that someday all things will end

That misty night
That dismal moon
The dead search for their kin
While angels sing, in endless dark
The dead seek out sin"

It could be seen as foreshadowing the events of SH3. Mostly the "She and he will know/ that someday all things will end" part could be seen as Harry realizing his fate.

Hehe, I know this uses a lot of assumptions, but it could work. Besides, this is what staying up until 5 in the morning does to the human mind...hehe...my apologies.

:mrgreen:
[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d55/doorstop_idol/doorstopidolsigxs6.png[/img]
*Thanks so much to XxMAGGOTxX for this awesome sig!*

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
-Gandhi
lain of the wired
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

I'm not gonna vote until I either see a plot synopsis/total story summary/play the game itself. How anyone can claim to see relevance before they even know what's going on in it is absolutely beyond me.
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
FoxDie
Just Passing Through

Post by FoxDie »

I really hate that song. The singers voice pissews me off for some reason. Like nails on a chalk boared
Everyone has killed an hour. Not casually or without thought but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.The violence comes from a combinations of giving up, and the resignation that getting past it is all you can accomplish. When at last it is over there is no evidence: no weapon, no blood, and no body. The only clue might be the shadow under your eyes or the line in the corner of your mouth indicating that something has been suffered, that in the privacy of your life you have lost something and the loss is to empty to share.
shua
Hope House Careworker

Post by shua »

Doorstop_Idol wrote:I voted "Nice idea, but probably not..." as well but now the more I think about it, the more I could see it actually being made to fit with Origins.

While the case can be made (and quite well at that) that most of the song is in regards to Harry and his quest I think there is a definite possibility that this could relate to Origins as well. Reason being is that the guy at the bar who died is not meant to be Harry.

"Through this fog they come along
Dark creatures singing a terrible song
The rest of the bar laughed at him
Only I felt my hope grow dim
They found him dead the very next day
"No more stories from him," I heard them say
We blamed bad luck for his fate
Only I felt terror so great"

Harry was at this bar when a man (maybe an older O'Grady who was permanately haunted by his experiences in Silent Hill...provided he survives the game of course) ranted about monsters and such, as if he finally went crazy. Everyone else thought he was just nuts but Harry, since he went through a similar ordeal, realized that the guy was telling the truth and it made him worried that something might be stirring again. Heck you could even make the case (and yes this is a stretch I admit) that this possible exchange in the bar took place not long before the events of SH3. Since if you look at the rest of the lyrics after that part...

"She and he will know
that someday all things will end

That misty night
That dismal moon
The dead search for their kin
While angels sing, in endless dark
The dead seek out sin"

It could be seen as foreshadowing the events of SH3. Mostly the "She and he will know/ that someday all things will end" part could be seen as Harry realizing his fate.

Hehe, I know this uses a lot of assumptions, but it could work. Besides, this is what staying up until 5 in the morning does to the human mind...hehe...my apologies.

:mrgreen:

Yes you are correct, that's the reason why it is one the Silent Hill 3 OST. And Joe Romersa's voice is absolutely gorgeous. :D