Will it suck?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Will it Suck?

Yes
17%
No
41%
Maybe
42%

Total votes: 159

Anonymous

Will it suck?

Post by Anonymous »

Many have pondered the question to wether this new creation of fear (origins) will "make the leap" from an immersive console game to an immersive handheld game. In my personal opinion, I think that this leap is a few leagues too far for even Silent Hill to conquor. For instance, how "immersive" do you think the sound will be when you are waiting on a bus to reach your destination, when playing this game? How "immersive" will the surrounding area be in the game if you are playing it in broad daylight? Not to mention mapping the controls of the PsP to fit Silent Hill's unique style. In my opinion, this leap cannot be made, but I will wait, and I will listen to hear what you think about this topic.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

It's been done before with far less sophisticated handhelds.

I can't count the number of times I walked into lamp posts while playing Poke'mon or Final Fantasy I & II. From what I've seen so far, it's still hard to tell exactly how the game is going to work, but I trust Konami to create something worthy of the name Silent Hill at the very least.
Whoomp
Gravedigger

Post by Whoomp »

Maybe, I just hope that Konami won't experiment to much on this title and make it another SH4, even though I liked that it would be nice with a little classic SH gaming.
December Man
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by December Man »

I voted maybe, just because Team Silent isn't developing it.
[img]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5149/smallershsig8jd.jpg[/img]
shua
Hope House Careworker

Post by shua »

Of course it won't suck. no silent hill game will ever completely suck. I agree that it should be a little more classic like the second game and the gameplay in the second. While the fourth game is the second best in the series, it just doesn't have that silent hilll "feel" , if you know what i mean
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

i dont know what you mean by stating that the fourth is the second best in the series. In my opinion, the third installment was excellent, although not as good as the first. But then again, that's just my opinion.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

what iv heard so far and seen ittl be pretty good. Id laugh my ass off if i see someone in public playin it and then getting scared lol that would be funny and emberassing if it would happen to you wouldnt it but ittl be atleast an ok game im givin it a maybe
Heather_Mason
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Heather_Mason »

I don't think it will. Just because Team silent is still in on it...So, they won't let it suck. I just hope the atmosphere is still the same. You know?....
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v691/fass007/h_sig.jpg[/img]
Ethos

Post by Ethos »

Hopefully not, but who really knows. From what I've heard, it sounds ok, I guess; the monsters look overall vomit-worthy so far, so.. Maybe not?

I'm not buying a psp for it, but I plan to get it someday whenever I have enough reason to buy a psp; if Atlus brings Persona series (including the first part of 2 for an actual release in North America) to Playstation Portable, then that's a different story.
Scyron
Hope House Careworker

Post by Scyron »

Since no one has played it yet is this topic even worthy of being open? There is next to nothing released about it and no ingame footage, muchless any info on thr story. Simply stating the game will rock because it is a Silent Hill title comes off as a huge fanboy/girl which no one likes. I pretty sure people need to play a game for them self to formulate an opinion otherwise their just being a tool of someone or something, namely a company that wants them promote it biasly. It is all based on opinion as to what is good or not also.

Remember don't judge a book by its cover too many people are taking this stupid way out claiming other's opinions instead of using their own. I can understand people share the same opinion but honestly before a game comes out and claiming it is great does nothing.

/offtopic - Since I wont be able to play it on a hardcopy I'm going to assume the game will be on par to those of any ROM in that I will mayenjoy it but not as much as if I owned a $200 piece of equiptment to play it on. I'm excited for it but I'm cirtainly not supporting it and I'm going to encourage the piracy of it. yohoho.
[img]http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/2263/scyronah6.gif[/img]
Amazonagent
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Amazonagent »

I think it's a little premature to ask this when all we have is a treailer with FMV and no gameplay elements yet. Maybe in a month or two this question can be pondered further.
LuLu
Gravedigger

Post by LuLu »

It might suck, it might not. *shrug*
"It's a bit far... but closer than heaven!"
Fatal_Sims
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fatal_Sims »

I don't know why you ask this question when we haven't seen any gameplay footage. All we see is some artwork and that's it. We still have yet to see gameplay footage/screenshot.
FoxDie
Just Passing Through

Post by FoxDie »

I have high hopes for this game. The PSP library is kind of lacking and I am hoping this title will make it worth the 300 bucks. The footage looks creepy and disturbing enough and I like the idea of taking silent hill back to its origins so to speak annd reaveling how it begame so corrrupted.
Everyone has killed an hour. Not casually or without thought but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.The violence comes from a combinations of giving up, and the resignation that getting past it is all you can accomplish. When at last it is over there is no evidence: no weapon, no blood, and no body. The only clue might be the shadow under your eyes or the line in the corner of your mouth indicating that something has been suffered, that in the privacy of your life you have lost something and the loss is to empty to share.
boilingwater17
Just Passing Through

Post by boilingwater17 »

I'm sorry to predict that it would suck but the psp doesn't really seem like a good platform for silent hill games. Small screen, low volume, would certainly not give the "silent hill" experience similiar to when playing on the pc and ps2. I love silent hill games, but a silent hill on psp really doesn't sound quite logical and clever. It will especially lack the unique scary factor. Hope you don't hate me for saying it will not do well

I have uploaded the silent hill orgins trailer on youtube... Hope you enjoy it! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-bsVLA1byE
The Last Samurai " Bushido: Way of the Warrior"
emptimass
Subway Guard

Post by emptimass »

I have a large and comfortable gaming recliner in which I sit in with
the lights out staring at a 56' inch Flatscreen with 800 watt surround sound.
The Silent Hill experience is phenominal!!! I need that surrounding atmosphere.
That is what I have always had with the games. I just cannot see getting the
same vibe out of playing it on a handheld.

Will the game suck?? No.

Will the experience suck?? Yes!
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".
NovaAngel19
Just Passing Through

Post by NovaAngel19 »

i think would suck BIG TIME
conversations kill ...
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

PSP + Silent Hill + Night-time + High-Quality Headphones = :D

also, psp has a psp-to-tv hook up. :D
9saves
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by 9saves »

emptimass wrote:I have a large and comfortable gaming recliner in which I sit in with
the lights out staring at a 56' inch Flatscreen with 800 watt surround sound.
The Silent Hill experience is phenominal!!! I need that surrounding atmosphere.
That is what I have always had with the games. I just cannot see getting the
same vibe out of playing it on a handheld.

Will the game suck?? No.

Will the experience suck?? Yes!
Just an excuse to try to brag about how much money you wasted on meaningless equipment, haha.

I voted maybe. Mainly because, we haven't seen anything resembling real-time gameplay. I don't know about you guys but I usually play my portable games at home (haha). The last thing I need is to be on the number 9 and get my shit ganked while going to work. So, playing in bed at 2 AM is fine atmosphere for me.
Amazonagent
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Amazonagent »

D-Money,
Please do not double post. Use the edit button in the right hand corner.