Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 25 Sep 2018

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Apr 2009
Notes left: 412
No, the soundtrack should mostly consist of faith no more. And I'm only mostly joking about that being a great idea.

Post subject:

I would like to hear a change or at least a bring over of "Killing Time..." and "Tears of..."
:mrgreen:

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Feb 2009
Notes left: 86
I'd actually like to hear some of the piano songs from SH2, they made me feel cold for some reason. Like "Forest" or "Promise (Reprise)".

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Apr 2009
Notes left: 31
Last seen at: Alabama
I bet Yamaoka will at least redo SH1s Main theme, he seems fond of it. But I hope most of the rest is new stuff. Because, well . . . it will be more Yamaoka Silent Hill music to listen to. And I hope we get the standard 4 Mary Elisabeth tracks. But he said in Nintendo Power he would do something "different" with this soundtrack so, who knows. And if you want to hear Icey Music while playing this game, you could always crank up the best ice-stage song ever ... Sonic 3 Ice Cap Zone!!! (might not fit the mood :P)

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Dec 2008
Notes left: 678
DamienPales wrote:
I don't know how many of you frequent OCRemix.org, but there's a really icy-sounding "Not Tomorrow 1" remix on there. I know it's not official music or anything, but it's the best example of the direction I hope Akira will make with this soundtrack.

http://djpretzel.web.aplus.net/songs/Si ... _ReMix.mp3

Dear Lord....That.....That's Beautiful
Utterly Beautiful.

~Drake

"Oh it get's to me alright" - Vincent
My Silent Hill Fanfic, Silent Hill: Spiritual Dissonance

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Jun 2004
Notes left: 867
Last seen at: Georgia, USA
I agree that more songs like Forest would create the type of atmosphere that the game needs. I don't think that industrial will work, more ambience like in SH2. I'm so tired of Mary Elizabeth songs, they're all starting to sound the same. I want to hear a different voice. I wouldn't even mind Joe Romersa returning at this point, just something different. BTW I never thought Esperandote fit in with Silent Hill and I'm not a big fan of the song, though obviously I'm outnumbered on that.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Feb 2004
Notes left: 67
SGTCOOL wrote:
No, the soundtrack should mostly consist of faith no more. And I'm only mostly joking about that being a great idea.

They're back together! And, in Silent Hill, hell has literally frozen over. Maybe it WOULD be appropriate!

Seriously, though. Since this game appears to be wildly different from all the other games before, it would be cool to hear Yamaoka take a wildly different approach. He could still keep the ambient/trip-hop/lo-fi guitars theme, but hearing that idea in a new light would be awesome. The soundtracks have been repeating themselves a bit, as of late. Possibly throw in some Day of the Dead synth-style stuff. That could work well for an icy climate.

Also, uh... am I the only one who's sick of the singing? I guess it wouldn't be as intrusive if the lyrics weren't so irrelevant to the plot most of the time. Two words, though: Joe Romersa. Please say he's gone for good.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

"Two words, though: Joe Romersa. Please say he's gone for good." Man I can't fucking agree more with you on that one. I would like to hear a new male vocalist though. One who doesn't suck, preferably.

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

What's the name of the guy who sung on Rain of Brass Petals Three Voices Edit? That wasn't Joe, was it? Didn't sound like him? Maybe he could sing?

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Feb 2004
Notes left: 67
Joe Romersa was the guy who sang on the remix of the theme from Silent Hill 1. Hometown from Silent Hill 3. It's not that he's a bad singer, per se, it's just that he sounds like he's trying to do an impersonation of Tom Jones. It's jarring as hell on a Silent Hill soundtrack. Here's a funny story. I ran into him at E3 back when 3 was being showcased. He was standing behind me watching me play it. I turned around and saw his name badge, recognized the name (I already had the soundtrack), but couldn't place it at the time. About an hour later I realized who it was. That man is TALL. I'm almost 6'3" and when I turned around I was eye-level with his chest. He was wearing a beret.

Post subject:

I'd like to hear a few more vocal songs along the lines of "You're not here" or "I want love" from SH3.

and bring back "Not Tomorrow" in some form please. =p

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Nothing would be more inappropriate in creating a re imagining of a game in a series than bringing back old songs from previous entries. I want CHANGE!!! Preferably in quarters.

Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Jul 2003
Notes left: 11978
Last seen at: Nova Scotia, Canada
The lyrics of "O.R.T." from Origins and "Room of Angel" from SH4 are pretty relevant to the lyrics.

But I agree, they need to get someone to write the lyrics with the actual plot in mind. And keep Joe Romersa far away from any microphones.

And, despite their irrelevance, I LOVE the lyrics to "You're Not Here". <3

and said "There you are.
There you are.
There's my heart..."

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Jan 2005
Notes left: 432
Last seen at: Alchemilla Hospital
The lyrics to "Letter From The Lost Days" are pretty relevant. Except for that whole Colleen thing... And the "Ten years ago, your past-self prayed for your happiness" line has no relevance to the plot. Ten years? I guess "seventeen" had too many syllables. :wink:

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

"Letter from the Lost Days" was not supposed to be a song literally from Heather's point of view, hence the ten years and mention of Colleen. But it is supposed to be thematically relevant to the games plot, with a girl wishing for the happiness of her future self drawing parallels with Heather and Alessa. Just because the song is not literal doesn't make it irrelevant anymore than the parallels between the Tales of the Black Freighter are Watchmen are irrelevant.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Jan 2005
Notes left: 432
Last seen at: Alchemilla Hospital
>not supposed to be a song literally from Heather's point of view
No, I always took it from Alessa's pov. I think the rest of the song lines up pretty well.

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Mar 2009
Notes left: 1345
Last seen at: Ann Arbor, Michigan
You're Not Here is totally relevant to SH3. Heather's singing it to her dad.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
I find Heather calling her father "baby" slightly unconvincing and mildly unnerving. Comparing him, also, to an addiction is absurd. And, finally, Heather would certainly not "be fine on [her] own" if Harry "hadn't met [her]." In fact, she wouldn't exist.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Mar 2009
Notes left: 1345
Last seen at: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Wow MMY, disagreeing with Silent Hill Chronicle yet again. You're on a roll.

They're just lyrics, meant to be artistic and poetic. It's not meant to be a literal summary of anything, though I always interpreted them as feelings of longing for a loved one's disappearance, which applies to Heather's case with Harry.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 08 Jan 2006
Notes left: 4060
Last seen at: Carrollton, TX
So it's a (very general) parallel. It's not as if "Heather's singing it to her dad."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next