ANOTHER Silent Hill universe...?

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

BurningWitch
Just Passing Through

Post by BurningWitch »

I don't see the big deal about 4. It's not deserving of the hate. Sure it's the weakest of the Team Silent stuff, but it's far from a bad game.
Julian lyal
Just Passing Through

Post by Julian lyal »

silent hill 4 is not a bad game at all i enjoyed it was based outside silent hill but it was a great game
Xerophan
Just Passing Through

Re: Another Universe is a good idea.

Post by Xerophan »

Terminus wrote:In the thread where the news of this game's announcement was originally posted, I said that I most likely wouldn't buy this game. I said this because I initially thought that it was going to be a remake. Since it isn't, I don't have to worry about this game having any influence on the canon of the original four games, since it doesn't. It's completely new and separate. The series is being re-imagined from square-one. All of our prior knowledge about the series means nothing, Lost Memories means nothing...It's as if this was going back in time to the start of the series when no one knew what to expect.

Also, after reading about all of the new features from the IGN.com articles and interviews, and from the Nintendo Power magazine, I must say that I am very excited about this game. I said that I wouldn't buy this game, I retract that statement. I most likely will buy this game; possibly on release day.

I expect discussion to boom once this game is in people's hands, since now everything is up for discussion. There are no facts about the series which can be applied to this game; facts that could potentially halt discussions in some topics. There are only the facts within the game itself. No theories are already discussed.

If this game turns out to be as good as it sounds, I hope that it will become the starting point for a new, separate, Silent Hill series, canon only with itself. I feel this way because it is the perfect way for Silent Hill to continue, while preserving the quality and sanctity of the storyline created by the original four "Team Silent" games.
This is byfar my favorite post in the thread. It isn't an argument, it isn't dissing anything, and it sounds completely feasible and exciting. I completely agree that this would be a great way for the franchise to continue (assuming it proves its worth). However, I don't want the original storyline to be completely forgotten. Perhaps just put on hiatus until a later date.
Light Alessa
Just Passing Through

Post by Light Alessa »

Bishop Sasarai wrote:"SH sucks because it doesn't make sense" is what people have been saying since 1999. It's not a new reaction in the slightest. If you don't believe me, look at "professional" reviews - they all mention how the story makes no sense and is convoluted.

I'm just glad they're not fucking with the established universe. Let them make another one, it matters little.
I haven't even played the games... Yet... I've read about the plots of each game and basically put them together, it all makes sence if you look into the games enough.

But yeah I agree, It was the same case when Bethesda bought the rights for Fallout, the game they released messed up alot of info because they made it canon, I think. Everyones just trying to keep the series and franchise secure.
[quote] I love the Silent Hill Series. The Games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I Believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill 8 can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their Series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.[/quote]

Put this In Your Sig If you agree :)
CreativeGuy
Just Passing Through

Post by CreativeGuy »

I love this game! I love the snow, the not being able to fight. I love all the changes. Wait? What's the point in changing it -ahem- reimagining a game thats already been made? I honestly do love the ideas and themes this game has. I just think they should have left Silent Hill 1 alone. It didn't need to be reimagined. I'd rather Climax make another game that continues on with the town. All that time, money, effort and creativity put into making a game that didn't need to be made doesn't make sense to me. I'd love the game a lot more if it was it's very own Silent Hill game and not a reimagining.
http://www.visitsilenthill.com