PSP version (gameplay video, screenshots June 6)

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

angevil
Just Passing Through

PSP version (gameplay video, screenshots June 6)

Post by angevil »

I hope this game will be as good as the Wii version! I don`t play to buy a Wii because of this game. So, my expectations for the PSP game are very high.

I loved Origins, so I expect a game as good as SH0 or better. The team Climax really proved themselves, so I believe they can do this right.

When will we have the first screenshots or videos from PSP version? I look forward to this!!!!!!! They still haven`t said a word about PSP version, right? I want to know all about it, will it be the same as Wii, except for motion sensor flashlight and motion senson puzzles?!

I hope it is the same, and that it looks excellent. I would be enraged if it is a bad port/cash in.

UPDATE June 4:

First gameplay footage on PSP:
http://media.psp.ign.com/media/143/14325473/vids_1.html
Separate team working on PSP/PS2 versions. They promise it will be as inventive and original as the Wii version.

UPDATE June 5:

Screenshots:
http://psp.ign.com/dor/objects/14325473 ... =mediaFull
See them here:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
UPDATE June 6:

More screenshots, thanks to DirtyNorris for finding them:
http://e3.gamespot.com/image_viewer.htm ... ages;img;1
Last edited by angevil on 06 Jun 2009, edited 8 times in total.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

I'm not really sure about the PSP and PS2 versions cause the game is mainly designed for the Wii controls, The Wiimote will be the soul of this game (The static sounds through the wwimote, also you have to shake it for discover clues, move the flashlight or escape from the enemies) so is really hard to emulate this in the SOny consoles, specially the PSP...

Is cause that that I really wish CLimax make a traditional remake for PSP and Ps2...
efr100
Just Passing Through

Post by efr100 »

now if for the ps2 version, playing it thru a ps3 u can use sixaxis, thatd be interesting
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Although I appreciate that some people don't have a Wii and therefore need the port, I found playing SH0 on the PSP frustrating, so I'll happily avoid portable, um, ports (heh) from here on in. SH needs to be played on a big screen with surround sound and the lights off. End of!
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

Vixx wrote:Although I appreciate that some people don't have a Wii and therefore need the port, I found playing SH0 on the PSP frustrating, so I'll happily avoid portable, um, ports (heh) from here on in. SH needs to be played on a big screen with surround sound and the lights off. End of!
While I agree about the big screen part, I still don't wanna buy a Wii. I played SH0 on PSP with the lights off and headphones. Not the same though. Still, anything that is not Wii would make me happy. I don't want to buy a Wii, but I want to play this.
ImageImage
Camhacks & stuff: SH1 | SH2 | SH3 | SH4 | SHSM | FaceBook | YouTube
Nyarlathotep
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Nyarlathotep »

The PSP and PS2 ports may possibly be good but it just seems that the Wii version is going to be the experience.
SGTCOOL
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SGTCOOL »

A potential problem I see here is that if the wii version is THE version of the game, and the ps2/psp ports are treated as an afterthought, then perhaps those with a potentially inferior version of the game may have vastly different (possibly very bad) opinions of it. So story issues notwithstanding, this could be an interesting split of opinions across the board, and may be important for everyone to tell which version they have.
StaticRadio
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by StaticRadio »

Vixx wrote:Although I appreciate that some people don't have a Wii and therefore need the port, I found playing SH0 on the PSP frustrating, so I'll happily avoid portable, um, ports (heh) from here on in. SH needs to be played on a big screen with surround sound and the lights off. End of!
Portable ports? That sounds like a quiz show catergory. :)

That said I hope that those of us who have loyally played the games on the PS2 don't get the shaft and get a lousy, non-optimized port just because everyone (still) has Wii-fever. Let's just hope that they favor "quality port" over "fast buck". But don't hold your breath.

When I hold my breath, my ears pop.
"Just because you're paranoid...don't mean they're not after you"
Sake
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Sake »

Unfortunately, yes, there's a pretty big chance that the PS2 and PSP ports will suck in comparison to the version they're focusing on and showing us screens from.
_Drake_
Hope House Careworker

Post by _Drake_ »

Ports usually suck when they are ported to a system they weren't made for or can't handle their specific specs (So that a graphics and maybe gameplay downgrade is inevitable)

~Drake

"Oh it get's to me alright" - Vincent
My Silent Hill Fanfic, Silent Hill: Spiritual Dissonance
angevil
Just Passing Through

Post by angevil »

I think the ports to PSP/PS2 and the Wii version can be basically the SAME except for the control. I can easily shake those cans by pressing a button on the PSP, I can hear the static from the PSP..it is not that different. The only problem is the flashlight..we can`t move it because PSP has only 1 analogue stick.

Climax already made one SH game, so they can build it on the same engine. I loved Origins, so they must know what they are doing. They know that fans will be playing it on the console/portable they own, so they have to make all versions excellent. They better do, or else..might as well end up in SH, forever.. :twisted:
Sake
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Sake »

Look at Alone in The Dark, and compare the PS2 version with the PS3 version. Drastically altered story, inferior gameplay, and glitches galore are what you'll find if you play the PS2 version.

It'll probably be the same thing with Shattered Memories. They just don't seem to be paying much attention to the PS2/PSP versions right now, and I don't expect that to change in the future.
angevil
Just Passing Through

Post by angevil »

I suppose they have a team that is working on PSP version, and it could be the same people who worked on Origins. So, it can still be amazing. Have some faith and positive thinking! :D

I think you can`t compare game from PS3 or XBOX360 to PSP or PS2, but you could compare some Wii graphics to PSP and PS2. I have seen many comparisions of games between their Wii and PSP versions, they looked the same.

So hopefully, this new game on PSP can be as good or better than Origins.
StaticRadio
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by StaticRadio »

Sake wrote:Look at Alone in The Dark, and compare the PS2 version with the PS3 version. Drastically altered story, inferior gameplay, and glitches galore are what you'll find if you play the PS2 version.

It'll probably be the same thing with Shattered Memories. They just don't seem to be paying much attention to the PS2/PSP versions right now, and I don't expect that to change in the future.
Hmm interesting. I found both the PS2 and 360 versions of Alone in the Dark to be nearly unplayable. Only the PS3 version is remotely enjoyable. I hate to say it but I'm kinda guessing we're going to get similarly shorted out by Shattered Memories.
"Just because you're paranoid...don't mean they're not after you"
Matt S.
Just Passing Through

Post by Matt S. »

I will be tempted to get this for the PSP - not enough games for it to start....
Kenji
Historical Society Historian

Post by Kenji »

Sometimes, a port can do a good job, like the Wii version of RE4. In the case of Origins, the PS2 port just didn't cut it (I know, I was fan enough to buy both). Lagging controls, odd remodeling of all characters besides Travis, graphical glitches, and (worst of all) audio glitches that killed the atmosphere. This was only a port from the PSP to the PS2, so I can only imagine that Shattered Memories porting from the Wii to the PS2 and especially the PSP will be significantly weakened unless it's completely redesigned to the point that it's a different game.

A PSP version I find especially untenable, since it only has one analog nub... how the hell will flashlight control be handled? I'm already remembering how awkward Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops's system of assigning movement to the nub and camera control to the D-pad was... for a game that's supposed to be as fast-paced as this, that could kill it.

Though I'm happy that the Wii-less fans will have a chance to play this... the fact that it's so optimized for Wii controls and its internal architecture (to have a constantly streaming environment will little to no slowdown would require a program that's intimately intertwined with the Wii's architecture), which implies that the ports will be so weak in comparison and be unable to pull off the goals that this team has set for the game... I kinda wish they never announced the ports.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

I don't give a goddamn if the controls suck on the PSP and PS2 version, the story will still be the same and that's the total experience for me.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
_Drake_
Hope House Careworker

Post by _Drake_ »

Exactly, though I hope the PSP and PS2 folk are treated kindly in their ports.

~Drake

"Oh it get's to me alright" - Vincent
My Silent Hill Fanfic, Silent Hill: Spiritual Dissonance
Loveless_Dogg
Historical Society Historian

Post by Loveless_Dogg »

Yeah, I mean I liked SH:O, I thought it was a good game, but the controls where just a pain. Made it almost un-enjoyable.
Value your failures more than your successes. Successes only last until someone screws them up. Failures are forever. She left...and...I'm lost.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

My only problem with the control of SH0 was the camera change, sometimes I got stucked in the trying to advance...

SH SM can't work in PSP, maybe in PS2 but no PSP...

Besides, the wiimote has an analog stick, a D-Pad, and 3 buttons (I haven't played with a Wii yet sop I'm not sure if it has more buttons)... The PSP has an analog stick, a horrible D-Pad (The only thing I really about the PSP) and 6 buttons, maybe the use the L and R buttons for switch to camera, flashlight and normal modes and you would use this with the stick... The escape scenes could have a different configuration whgere you use the L or R button for check behind you...