Search FAQ

Login | Register


All times are UTC [ DST ]


It is currently 16 Dec 2017




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author Message

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Dec 2008
Notes left: 158
Last seen at: A cave beneath a lake
Jonipoon wrote:
Dude, the stereotypical fanboy wants PH back.


That's quite true as well. I always found two stereotypes. Those who WANT PH. And those who DON'T want PH.

There's a massive amount of people who want him, and perhaps alot of others who don't. Of course, if I'm wrong about the stereotyping, then I'm willing to be called a stereotype sh fan. But what I mostly meant in my post is that people shouldn't be so dramatic and angry over another appearance of Pyramid Head. Everyone is different, I get that. But perhaps we can find more positive aspects in more PH, rather than negative.

Again, if I'm wrong about what people see, then I'll stop posting like this. But in my experience, I've found an equal balance of those who say PH should make many returns, and those who say PH is a work of art who shouldn't be used any more.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 03 Feb 2008
Notes left: 133
Last seen at: Madison, IN
Grendel wrote:
I would personally LOVE to see Pyramid Head. Some real sh fanboys can bash me for it, but I think it's a good idea to make PH into a mascot. Some people call it degrading and predictable, I call it "business" and predictable.

Pyramid Head has already been featured in atleast two main sh games, and has his own wannabe poser in SH: Origins. Why not expand his appearances? He's a pretty cool monster. People that say NOT to let him appear seem to be scared and OVERdramatizing a simple videogame monster. Sure, he's a part of James's own world in SH2, but he's also available to other people, specially those connected to Silent Hill.

Pyramid Head may be a special monster (or atleast, used to be one), but is that a good reason why we should act like the stereotypical fanboy and start complaining about him? I say, if he appears, who cares. If he doesn't appear, who cares. Instead of overdramatizing a videogame and nitpicking everything, I choose to ENJOY the good parts of most anything.


I disagree. The reason PH IS so fantastic and good is because he is (was) original. If people go putting him everywhere willy-nilly, then the charm wears off and he becomes just another monster. Leave PH be, and create a new, COMPLETELY original monster if one must be had. Just my opinion.

_________________
2 Favorite Quotes:

"[color=#0000FF]I was weak. That’s why I needed you.... Needed someone to punish me for my sins.... But that’s all over now.... I know the truth.... Now it’s time to end this."[/color]--James Sunderland

[color=#BF0000]"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty....It's all the same once you're dead. And a corpse can't laugh."[/color]--Eddie


Top
   
 

Subway Guard
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 20 Jul 2004
Notes left: 1538
Last seen at: VA
Thing is, since this is a reimagining which doesn't take place in the true SH universe, all logic and arguments for PH being in SH2 shouldn't be used.


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Dec 2008
Notes left: 158
Last seen at: A cave beneath a lake
Xerophan wrote:
Grendel wrote:
I would personally LOVE to see Pyramid Head. Some real sh fanboys can bash me for it, but I think it's a good idea to make PH into a mascot. Some people call it degrading and predictable, I call it "business" and predictable.

Pyramid Head has already been featured in atleast two main sh games, and has his own wannabe poser in SH: Origins. Why not expand his appearances? He's a pretty cool monster. People that say NOT to let him appear seem to be scared and OVERdramatizing a simple videogame monster. Sure, he's a part of James's own world in SH2, but he's also available to other people, specially those connected to Silent Hill.

Pyramid Head may be a special monster (or atleast, used to be one), but is that a good reason why we should act like the stereotypical fanboy and start complaining about him? I say, if he appears, who cares. If he doesn't appear, who cares. Instead of overdramatizing a videogame and nitpicking everything, I choose to ENJOY the good parts of most anything.


I disagree. The reason PH IS so fantastic and good is because he is (was) original. If people go putting him everywhere willy-nilly, then the charm wears off and he becomes just another monster. Leave PH be, and create a new, COMPLETELY original monster if one must be had. Just my opinion.


Actually, that is a BETTER idea.

Pyramid Head is cool and all, but I never even thought of a completley original, UNIQUE monster to take place of PH. Over all though, I mean PH wouldn't be such a big deal to me. My own opinion aswell.

Plus, what Skele says is also quite true. I just love seeing different perspectives that both work out.


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 22 Apr 2006
Notes left: 452
No thanks. I became PH-fatigued after double-dips in the SH Movie and SH:Homecoming.

_________________
Hurm...


Top
   
 

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 06 Jun 2008
Notes left: 693
Pyramid Head in my Shattered Memories?

[spoiler]
Image
The Great Lord Mira does not approve.



Alright, I'm going to stop with the macro posts, now.
[/spoiler]

_________________
Image
[ e x a m i n e ? ] [dA] [project page]


Top
   
 

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 May 2009
Notes left: 363
Last seen at: Singapore
I would love if I could see Valtiel again,
or maybe another incarnation of him.


Top
   
 

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 06 Jun 2008
Notes left: 693
Oh man, you know, I have to agree with Restoration on that. Valtiel was so intriguing, I would like a game that really elaborated on it. Throw in some Fukuro and maybe some real explanations of Lobsel Vith and that would be great. Maybe not in SM, but in a future game, meant for the series timeline...

_________________
Image
[ e x a m i n e ? ] [dA] [project page]


Top
   
 

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 May 2009
Notes left: 363
Last seen at: Singapore
granolabar wrote:
Maybe not in SM, but in a future game, meant for the series timeline...


yeah, Valtiel belongs to the original time line!
Valtiel ftw, dood!


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 22 Jul 2010
Notes left: 65
Yes And No

_________________
Death is not the end my Friend


Top
   
 


 Post subject:

I think it wouldn't be cool to let him return, if i remember right...he was only made up for james sins right?
So he was only in SH2 to punish james for what he did(no spoiler)
So....i say no he shouldn't return, he is a big icon to the industry, maybe make another big boss eh?

Anyways, if they do, do this then its not like
i would be all dissapointed or whatever lol
it just wouldn't match up with the rest of the series...

-Lynch


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 31 May 2010
Notes left: 84
Last seen at: Blue Creek Apt.
[May include some spoilers about SH2 to some people]

To be honest, no. It was really good in SH2, it was pretty akward in SH: Homecoming. But now, as we know he did not were excluded in Shattered Memories, I'm glad that way. Putting Pyramid Head (James' punisher using similar clothing to executioners of Silent Hill, what James did remember and used as his punisher) to another games wouldn't just fit. He was kick ass character, boss even, but I wouldn't like see him return.

Geez.. why everyone always wishes PH would come back... I probably can't find thread/board around here what wouldn't somehow consider about PH returning...

_________________
Silent Hill related fan art.

"It comes from nowhere to awaken the man with pyramid helmet to his mission".


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11379
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Quote:
Geez.. why everyone always wishes PH would come back... I probably can't find thread/board around here what wouldn't somehow consider about PH returning...


WHAT? You must be reading the wrong forum, because I've never seen that around here.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 May 2006
Notes left: 1881
Last seen at: in the branches that blow
^ for real. I would definitely NOT like him to return anytime in the future. He would have no purpose unless some historical information regarding him was made known but even then, he needs to stay mysterious.

I mean, they pretty much had to put him in the movie to please the mass, but if he is in the second one it would apply triteness to such an awesome character.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 31 May 2010
Notes left: 84
Last seen at: Blue Creek Apt.
AuraTwilight wrote:
Quote:
Geez.. why everyone always wishes PH would come back... I probably can't find thread/board around here what wouldn't somehow consider about PH returning...


WHAT? You must be reading the wrong forum, because I've never seen that around here.


I don't know how, but I see nearly everywhere people talkin about PH and how he should either come back, or someone has seen somekind of triangular shaped object ingame and is claiming that it symbols pyramid head, or something as stupid...

_________________
Silent Hill related fan art.

"It comes from nowhere to awaken the man with pyramid helmet to his mission".


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 29 Jun 2009
Notes left: 2301
No, as PHead was James' mainfestation, no one else's.

_________________
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11379
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
otto2302 wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:
Quote:
Geez.. why everyone always wishes PH would come back... I probably can't find thread/board around here what wouldn't somehow consider about PH returning...


WHAT? You must be reading the wrong forum, because I've never seen that around here.


I don't know how, but I see nearly everywhere people talkin about PH and how he should either come back, or someone has seen somekind of triangular shaped object ingame and is claiming that it symbols pyramid head, or something as stupid...


Well, it's certainly not here on this forum, I can tell you that.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Subway Guard
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 15 May 2008
Notes left: 1538
Last seen at: Right behind you
helldescent wrote:
No, as PHead was James' mainfestation, no one else's.
That's not exactly true as evidenced by other entries in the series, and even SH2. Originally, The Red Devil Was likely supposed to be the Red Pyramid Thing. As well as the painting, which shows us James' interpretation of the conical hoods worn by the executioners. Then we jump to Ørigins and see a similar painting in Dahlia's house, as well as in Homecoming. Hate to say it, but seems there's more media AGAINST it being specific to James than for it.

_________________
Image
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Jul 2007
Notes left: 16
Last seen at: Texasland
Does anyone remember that South Park episode with the racist flag? Like, two people in the town had strong opinions and everyone else was like "I think history, I think racist."

I'm 100% full on excited about PH's next appearance, but because each side of this "debate" is a little misinformed, I look like I'm in the middle, and that's a shame. Let me explain:

Every SH game reuses the same monsters and introduces relatively little. The way that the series works is by making the monsters projections of fear, guilt, sadness, anxiety, and all sorts of hangups felt by the protagonist. Because of this, even though dogs are in SH, SH3, SH4, and SH0, they can't be the same monster because, as the anti-PH side would say "It only exists in James head."

So they give them different names and deform them in ways that resonate with the protagonist. Alessa is afraid of big dogs, Heather is Alessa, Walter was afraid of dogs as well, and Travis, who has the most radiacally different dogs, has lingering guilt about road kill.

And the thing is, in the main games (excluding of course Homecoming) this formula has never been broken, and yet PH has appeared twice now.

Take some time and really let that last sentence sink in. If James is the only one who can see lying fig... whoops, I mean straig... whoops, I mean manda... whoops I mean the butc... whoops, I mean Pyramid Head (I could have done that all day), why does Travis see him too? Because guess what, guilt is not a emotion unique to one single video game character. As a matter of fact, I have some guilt. I'm sure if I was in SH, nay, I'm certain, that PH would hunt me down too.

This idea that guilt is somehow unique to James is ridiculous. As is the assumption that PH is somehow incapable of being changed to represent a facet of any other character and yet all the other monsters can be repeated endlessly, nurses especially, and THAT'S totally fine. And if you choose to ignore that monsters are interpreted differently in each game, then you loose the the "James only" argument that was your only point to begin with.

Both sides have been basing their arguments on false information. You can't have it both ways. Either you understand how SH monsters work and are fine with a new version of PH (I'm not picking your opinions, I'm saying if you understand the system you shouldn't object to the games when they follow that system), or you don't understand it and admit that dogs, nurses, closers, etc. are far more recurring and carbon copy-esque than the butcher ever was.

Either way, I'm sick of the inconsistencies and contradictions. I don't care what your opinion is on the matter, but AT LEAST have your personal opinions match up with your personal interpretations. You can at least be consistent with yourself even if the games don't match up, right?

_________________
In the future it might occur to me to type something really awesome here. I cant think of anything very interesting and not obnoxious at present, so, just... forget it.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 27 Jul 2009
Notes left: 3531
^ Yes, but some fans deem how Pyramid Head is every game as fanservice, which leads to the "Only James can have him" part of the debate.

Pyramid Head could work in most Silent Hill games, including Shattered Memories.


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: