Pyramid Head. Would you like to see him return?

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

otto2302
Just Passing Through

Post by otto2302 »

AuraTwilight wrote:
otto2302 wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote: WHAT? You must be reading the wrong forum, because I've never seen that around here.
I don't know how, but I see nearly everywhere people talkin about PH and how he should either come back, or someone has seen somekind of triangular shaped object ingame and is claiming that it symbols pyramid head, or something as stupid...
Well, it's certainly not here on this forum, I can tell you that.
I see that every day here o.O maybe some pyramid head fans are manifestating my head?
Artstation

"It comes from nowhere to awaken the man with pyramid helmet to his mission".
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

I'd like to see proof of that. >_> Whenever I see the subject of Pyramid Head come up, I only see people going "ugh he shouldn't be back he's James's monster and they're ruining him."
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

I don't think that he shouldn't be back because he's "James monster", I just think that he shouldn't be back since he's a total cliche right now. Things like him could exist, hell, even in the form of a manifested person who makes the character feel guilty. It's just that the form of a tall man, with an obscured face, with some type of large weapon has appeared too many times in the Silent Hill universe.
christoiwas
Just Passing Through

Post by christoiwas »

simeonalo wrote:I don't think that he shouldn't be back because he's "James monster", I just think that he shouldn't be back since he's a total cliche right now.
Totally agree, Pyrimid head belonged to Silent Hill 2, just like the nurses, it always saddens me to see him appear in other titles... :roll:
--> "... It’s just... I guess I really don’t care if it’s dangerous or not. I’m going to town either way."
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

Pyramid head needs to die i don't want him in any other silent hill games ever, most overrated creature in silent hill i swear. . .
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

I don't even care about him anymore.

He won't ruin my gaming experience anyway. Go nuts, I say.
paladin181
Subway Guard

Re:

Post by paladin181 »

christoiwas wrote:
simeonalo wrote:I don't think that he shouldn't be back because he's "James monster", I just think that he shouldn't be back since he's a total cliche right now.
Totally agree, Pyrimid head belonged to Silent Hill 2, just like the nurses, it always saddens me to see him appear in other titles... :roll:
Except the Nurses really belonged to Alessa in SH1. And Heather in SH3..
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: Pyramid Head. Would you like to see him return?

Post by Uyrikeustek »

I think even adding Pyramid Head in Homecoming was a bad idea. He just seems like fanservice now. It doesn't seem like he serves any important or real purpose in the games besides Silent Hill 2. They don't need to use him in any more Silent Hill games. Just my opinion.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

They could've added a few memos in Homecoming hinting to his purpose.

And your avatar scares me :o
Restoration01
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Restoration01 »

^He was there in Homecoming because of everyone in the town that was connected with the cult.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Remember those rhymes that you find around? That means that the majority of the townspeople(that were in the cult), knew about Pyramid Head(except he was known as Bogeyman in Shepherd's Glen.
I think that the people of Shepherd's Glen had thought of Pyramid Head as a punisher, much like in SH2; when they broke the rules about the sacrifices, then Bogeyman will appear to give them punishment.
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

simeonalo wrote:They could've added a few memos in Homecoming hinting to his purpose.

And your avatar scares me :o
There were what.. 18 memos?.. that told his purpose. He exists to punish the unrighteous.
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Restoration01 wrote:^He was there in Homecoming because of everyone in the town that was connected with the cult.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Remember those rhymes that you find around? That means that the majority of the townspeople(that were in the cult), knew about Pyramid Head(except he was known as Bogeyman in Shepherd's Glen.
I think that the people of Shepherd's Glen had thought of Pyramid Head as a punisher, much like in SH2; when they broke the rules about the sacrifices, then Bogeyman will appear to give them punishment.
I. Already. Know. I am fully aware of his purpose in Homecoming and the movie, though more information should have been added for him in the game so people could stop whining about why the hell he was in there.
lain of the wired
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

Now that I think about it, it does make sense that he'd be in SH:H, what with the main focus being on the cult and all. Even in 4 they alluded to him, and it made sense. I think people get all whiny about his appearance there, and yet DON'T bitch about his mention in 4, is that they didn't bother to change him and make him something personalized by Alex's psyche. All the monsters are always supposed to change to fit the demons of the person viewing them. In 4, we don't even see him- we hear about someone terrified by the red devil, but it isn't really PH. In Homecoming, they just harvested the PH from the movie. *Yawn* Seen it!

I wonder, though: had they changed him up, customized him for Alex, would people have complained so much?
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

I wonder, though: had they changed him up, customized him for Alex, would people have complained so much?
Yes, people would. Take a look at the Butcher in Origins, for example.
lain of the wired

Touche. But then, people complained so much about Origins, anyway... :|
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

Didn't PH wield a combat knife in this one? Doesn't that count as customizing?
lain of the wired

He used the exact same Great Knife as he did in the movie. They both sort of looked like giant Bowie knives.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

Mephisto wrote:
Yes, people would. Take a look at the Butcher in Origins, for example.
When you get down to it, the Butcher really wasn't that different from PH. They were both male, stalked the protagonist, had a large knife, and a covering over their face (or half their face). They also both wore those white robe things. Very similar. Too similar to not complain about, so the complaints may be a little justified. If the Butcher didn't have so many physical similarities to PH people might not have complained so much (mind you I'm giving SH fans a lot of credit here. :lol: ).
I think if SH:H PH had been completely different, nothing like the movie PH, and not similar to SH2 PH, people would've complained a lot less.

PH is becoming too cliche now. If a future game is going to have a stalking monster, I hope it's completely different to PH. I don't mind something with a similar role, so long as it's appearance is different to what we've already seen. But then people would probably still complain.
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

PH is becoming too cliche now. If a future game is going to have a stalking monster, I hope it's completely different to PH. I don't mind something with a similar role, so long as it's appearance is different to what we've already seen. But then people would probably still complain.
^^^This!!.....Basically PH has appeared in three games already...his impact is not nearly as substantial as it was when he first appeared. If the dev's just created a completely new monster, i would've been happy....maybe the nurses at this point are a staple of series, but they actually have had a reason to be in all of the games at some point or another. They need to continue to create different supporting monsters tho...and i'm kinda gettin' tired of the zombie dogs too.

They definitely need to stay away from PH tho....oversaturation is not a good thing.
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

clips wrote:
^^^This!!.....Basically PH has appeared in three games already...his impact is not nearly as substantial as it was when he first appeared. If the dev's just created a completely new monster, i would've been happy....maybe the nurses at this point are a staple of series, but they actually have had a reason to be in all of the games at some point or another. They need to continue to create different supporting monsters tho...and i'm kinda gettin' tired of the zombie dogs too.

They definitely need to stay away from PH tho....oversaturation is not a good thing.

Very true, i mean honestly while the nurses and dogs have appeared in about every silent hill game, it doesn't matter as much because they aren't considered major monsters. When you start to get used to seeing things it's time to throw it out, predictability doesn't belong in silent hill games. I'm actually getting a little tired of the nurses and dogs too actually. If they put nurses or dogs in the game they need to look drastically different(kind of like how the patients in sh4 looked way different from the nurse in 1 2 and 3)