Pyramid Head. Would you like to see him return?

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

woofy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Pyramid Head. Would you like to see him return?

Post by woofy »

I heard a rumor (and really wish I could remember where it came from!) that Pyramid Head may be included in this game.

I know a lot of people are not going to be happy about this if it turns out to be true, myself included.
I think he's just become an icon of the series, and they now want to show him off whenever possible. Personally I think he's too overused these days, and is a less important figure of SH because of it.

Whether this rumor is true or not, do you want to see him return?
(This could be a poll, but once the game is released and this turns out to be false then it would be kind of pointless.)
Would you like to the Red pyramid Thing return?

I say f*** off. This is supposed to be an alternate Silent Hill universe, and you are already using way too many of the original characters and have no right to include pyramid head. hmph :P
Last edited by woofy on 20 Apr 2009, edited 1 time in total.
Burning Man
Historical Society Historian

Post by Burning Man »

Haha, as long as we know where to lay the blame for false rumors, we should be okay. I can't say the same thing for you, unfortunately. :P We'll see.

Maybe it makes sense to see him depending on the personality profile? Make him visible under certain, yet rare, circumstances, and I think I can cope with that.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.
woofy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by woofy »

Haha, as long as we know where to lay the blame for false rumors, we should be okay. I can't say the same thing for you, unfortunately. Razz We'll see.
lol :lol:
Even if it is false, it's still an interesting topic. Rumors or not, I'm asking if you would you like to see him return. I don't think I could stand to see him again, especially if you don't have to fight him or something.
put_here_2_feel_joy
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by put_here_2_feel_joy »

I absolutely do not want to see pyramid head in the new game. I'll be seriously ticked if he's in it because, like woofy1988 said, the more they use him the less important a figure he becomes. I don't understand the hype he gets on the internet. I think PHead is overrated.
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/Dredge_/sunsetcopy.jpg[/img]
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

I'd be happy for Pyramid Head to return if he was done well. Ya know, used to frighten the life out of you, not in little cut-scenes or whatever, but as an enemy which is incredibly tough and stalks you here and there or something, perhaps with an icy redesign.

When I saw the trailers for Homecoming I got chills when I saw a gimpse of Pyramid Head but when I played the game he was nothing but fanservice - cameos and cut-scenes and no real scares.

I think, Pyramid Head is cool to have an introductory cut-scene or whatever, but after this he's a stalker who surprises you. I find switching to a cut-scene everytime something scary happens or a new enemy appears pretty much killed any surprises there may have been in Homecoming, and I still think the scariest moments in the series have been ones you discover for yourself as opposed to watch happening in a cut-scene.

Rememer the prison in SH2? Where Pyramid Head was around, you knew he was around, but he'd show up without warning, without even setting your radio off. That was one of the most terrifying moments in any game, movie or otherwise in my opinion - a cut-scene just couldn't do that because the moment control is taken from you, you're expecting it, and there's no fear of it getting you when the story is in control.

So, to avoid this becoming an entire essay, I'll sum up - I'm happy to have Pyramid Head return, if he's subtle and surprising, not just the star of overdramatic cut-scenes and cameos.
_Drake_
Hope House Careworker

Post by _Drake_ »

I don't think he should, he seems a bit overused if you ask me.

~Drake

"Oh it get's to me alright" - Vincent
My Silent Hill Fanfic, Silent Hill: Spiritual Dissonance
ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

I don't have much of feeling on it either way. I'm still of the opinion if he's going to be part of the game, use him. Don't give him a cameo.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

We say he's overused, but I don't remember seeing him anywhere other than SH2 and Homecoming?

Except maybe the movie...

Is there one I missed?
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Droo

Post by Droo »

The Butcher in Origins was a clear PH wannabe, to the point that I almost count him as a PH appearance.

It's true that the more you use something the less scary it gets (except the nurses. Those will always be scary). I'm opposed to PH being in the game not because he's solely James' (Homecoming has put that idea to rest) but because I just think he's overdone.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Sake
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Sake »

HELL No. Pyramid Head doesn't need to be in every Silent Hill game.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

NO!! The people añready made hate Silent Hill 2 and now they want me to hate Pyramid Head... If Climax will recycle a creature do it with Valtiel or create a new and original monster dammit... They aren't thinking too much in SH SM so would be good to use their creativity in any way...
Sake
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Sake »

KageReneko wrote:If Climax will recycle a creature do it with Valtiel
Good thinking. I'd love to see Valtiel return.
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

No. As much as I love Pyramid Head, I don't want the game to turn into too much like the movie. PH isn't even necessary in this games. Harry is a good person. :( He doesn't need to be punished.
Terminus
Gravedigger

Post by Terminus »

angelofROOM302 wrote:No. As much as I love Pyramid Head, I don't want the game to turn into too much like the movie. PH isn't even necessary in this games. Harry is a good person. :( He doesn't need to be punished.
How do you know that this Harry is a good person? Maybe he's a pedo.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

This Harry is the player, remember. He takes on the player's personality based on their psychological profile.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Post by Arsonist »

No I would not, but now that you mention it, I’m almost certain I will.

I don’t get the Pyramid head cock worship... Don’t get it at all.

He was cool before he was milked to death, but now he’s just lame, and his design keeps getting lamer. It’s just fanservice for those preteen "ZOMG RAPE LOL" type of fans, who, like all stupid people, are much louder then the rest of the fanbase.

He was in the movie, arcade, a shitload of comics, in Origins, in Homecoming, in that track field game... I think he needs to retire.
MEGADETH
Just Passing Through

Post by MEGADETH »

yes, he's not even in SH first game
Jedahaw

Post by Jedahaw »

I would like to see Valtiel returning with all the Order and all, dood.
but, i think that this SH is more about Harry than the Order
Loveless_Dogg

Post by Loveless_Dogg »

I wouldn't like to see phead at all in SH:SM, but If he does show up, then I can't really complain.
Value your failures more than your successes. Successes only last until someone screws them up. Failures are forever. She left...and...I'm lost.
angevil
Just Passing Through

Post by angevil »

PH shouldn`t be in this game..it would be wrong and stupid!

In Origins, Butcher was great and it fits very well in the game because
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Travis is a killer.