New Character Designs

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

put_here_2_feel_joy
My Bestsellers Clerk

New Character Designs

Post by put_here_2_feel_joy »

After seeing some of the scans and screens I've noticed that Harry now has glasses and Cheryl has cute little overalls.

We all know that Cybil's design changes depending on your psycho-analysis, but do you think that Harry and Cheryl's change also?

Do you like what you see so far with all these changes?

Who else do you think will have a design change?
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/Dredge_/sunsetcopy.jpg[/img]
NothingLikeSleep

Post by NothingLikeSleep »

I just want to see Cybil's tits
phix95
Just Passing Through

Post by phix95 »

I don't really like the model of Cheryl. I know it's a diff. interp. but...it just seems like a totally different girl.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

I quite like them. Harry seems more like a Dad.

I do wonder if Harry's appearance will change based on your psychological profile, like other characters are reported to...
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
_Drake_
Hope House Careworker

Post by _Drake_ »

I'm happy with the current designs, Harry looks more like a writer now and a bit more father-ish, Cheryl looks like a modern child and way better than what she looked like in the Original.

~Drake

"Oh it get's to me alright" - Vincent
My Silent Hill Fanfic, Silent Hill: Spiritual Dissonance
Droo

Post by Droo »

Well, Silent Hill 1 takes place in 1980, so that's why Cheryl never looked like a "modern child".

I much prefer the new Cheryl, though. The one from SH1 just looked creepy. The Shattered Memories Cheryl looks like a normal bratty little girl.

I wonder what Lisa will look like. I'm hoping that, like Cybil and Harry, they keep the overall iconic look. Harry has a brown jacket and jeans. Cybil has black leather pants and the blue cop top. Likewise, I hope Lisa has the red shirt/heels and blonde hair.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Sake
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Sake »

Cheryl looks cute, Harry just looks old and weird. He does look more like a writer, though.
NothingLikeSleep wrote:I just want to see Cybil's tits
Hahaha.
angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Wow.
I really don't like the way Cheryl looks.
I mean, she's so adorable! But way too cute for a Silent Hill game. :?
Harry looks hot. They could have at least asked how we felt about changing their design, but it is their game.
Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Post by Arsonist »

I find new Cheryl creepier. She’s dressed in a more modern way, but there is something off about her face… I can’t put my finger on it. The old Cheryl was very doll-like, yes, but she was cute, this one has something weird about her, I think it’s the eyes, she looks more like a small adult then a child.

Anyways, I really don’t care how the characters look, I’m still too excited about the psychological profiles, ice, and no combat to care! I’m sad it’s not really an original game, but those new features make it bearable.
Droo

Post by Droo »

See, I found Cheryl's face to look alien in SH1.
Lives in the mirror"
KROD
Just Passing Through

Re: New Character Designs

Post by KROD »

put_here_2_feel_joy wrote:After seeing some of the scans and screens I've noticed that Harry now has glasses and Cheryl has cute little overalls.

We all know that Cybil's design changes depending on your psycho-analysis, but do you think that Harry and Cheryl's change also?

Do you like what you see so far with all these changes?

Who else do you think will have a design change?
Wait WHAT o_O Cybil's design changes depending on your psycho analysis? I had no idea D:!!
Ive been on vacation fo' a bit. Can you tell me some more on it?
Droo

Post by Droo »

The statements about Cybil's appearance changing is based on conjecture and not on confirmed facts. We don't even know for sure the two different looking cops in the screenshots are both Cybil.
Lives in the mirror"
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

>See, I found Cheryl's face to look alien in SH1.
Thank god I'm not the only one who thought that. She really does reminds me of a little alien girl sometimes. Maybe it has some sort of connection to the UFO ending.

New Cheryl looks like 0rigins-Alessa but with darker hair. Hm, now when I come think of it, when did her hair go brown?
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
phix95
Just Passing Through

Post by phix95 »

The new Cheryl doesn't look real totally. She looks cutesy-cartoonish. And yes, as someone pointed out, it may be due to the eyes.
Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Post by Arsonist »

See, I found Cheryl's face to look alien in SH1.
I never got the Alien vibe out of Cheryl, she just looked like a life-sized doll to me. Still I thought she looked real enough as well as cute enough.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Image<3
The new Cheryl looks like a little adult, with anime-ish eyes to me.
New Cheryl looks like 0rigins-Alessa but with darker hair.
Good eye. Oddly enough I thought Origins’s Alessa looked like a little adult too.
Hm, now when I come think of it, when did her hair go brown?
She had black hair and dark brown eyes in SH1 and 3, blue eyes and brown hair came with Origins.
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

>But way too cute for a Silent Hill game.
What about Cybil? Lisa? Heather? Eileen? Laura? Cynthia? Maria? They were cute and sexy (apart from Laura)...
Well, I hope that my choices in the game don't affect Cybil's outfit or the other characters, maybe Harry but only he, I don't wanna see Cybil wearing glasses and with a green police shirt, I wanna see her in this sexual police officer outfit, with vinil and all that :P
phix95
Just Passing Through

Post by phix95 »

Arsonist wrote:
Hm, now when I come think of it, when did her hair go brown?
She had black hair and dark brown eyes in SH1 and 3, blue eyes and brown hair came with Origins.
Lol. Weird. They should at least keep their eye colors the same. Unless it's pertinent to the story. That's just lazy otherwise.
Clyde
Just Passing Through

Post by Clyde »

I like what I'm seeing for the character re-designs so far. The only one that's been picking at me slightly has been Cybil. One version seems to have her wearing her uniform in a very.... Uncharacteristically suggestive fashion.

The other uniform (if this other cop is even Cybil to begin with and not some new character) looks a tad too authoritative and bland. Hopefully there is some sort of middle ground between them, like the drawing of the brown-haired cop.
Alessandro
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Alessandro »

I hope they don't screw up Alessa. If they change her, I hope she looks like in the movie.

The new Cheryl.... she looks evil xD I guess it's her stare. the old Cheryl looked weird, but cute in a way.

now that I think about it, Cheryl and Jodelle kinda look alike lol.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Cheryl 2.0's ears are the only thing that look a bit weird to me; she looks a tad bit elfin. It's not too offputting, though.

I doubt that Harry and Cheryl's appearances will vary, since (if I remember correctly) you take the psych evaluation after the opening sequence showing the crash. Doesn't make much sense to change the characters' appearances if we've already seen what they look like.