New Character Designs

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Alessandro
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Alessandro »

Cheryl 2.0's ears are the only thing that look a bit weird to me; she looks a tad bit elfin.

Haha. I thought Heather looked weird, but because of her eyebags xD
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

In my playthrough, I'll see if I can make Cheryl's hair go back to original black, then. . .
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
put_here_2_feel_joy
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by put_here_2_feel_joy »

Droo wrote:The statements about Cybil's appearance changing is based on conjecture and not on confirmed facts. We don't even know for sure the two different looking cops in the screenshots are both Cybil.
Oops. Well, I took the info in the article to be pretty factual. -shrug-

If all the screens of the female cop character are all Cybil then I would be amazed by how drastically she can change. My personal favorite is the brown haired cop with the heavy jacket. I think she gives off the 70's horror film vibe the most and I love that. Plus, she kind of matches Harry.
Lisa's looks could change from being a slutty nurse to a practical nurse. Maybe she'll be wearing scrubs because of the more modern setting. We shall see.
Someone said that they think the movie!Alessa was the best and I'm going to have to agree. She was such a perfect little girl for the role. I would like one version of her to look like that. That is, if she's even in this game. Climax is kind of psyching me out about the whole "the beginning of the game will be the same but after that everything is completely different" deal...
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/Dredge_/sunsetcopy.jpg[/img]
Alessandro
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Alessandro »

Lisa's looks could change from being a slutty nurse to a practical nurse. Maybe she'll be wearing scrubs because of the more modern setting. We shall see.
That's a good idea. I love slutty Lisa though :wink:

Someone said that they think the movie!Alessa was the best and I'm going to have to agree. She was such a perfect little girl for the role. I would like one version of her to look like that.

Yeah! I mean, she just looked innocent, kinda vulnerable like Alessa SHOULD look.
She also pulled off the sinister look extremely well too. I hope she looks like that or either like the original.
That is, if she's even in this game.

I had been thinking about that too. hope they don't turn her into an evil entity or just completely erase her.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Or perhaps Lisa's appearance will change depending on your psychological profile too? Maybe if you're a player who dwells a lot on images of he female form on posters etc. that they might use your sexuality against you and make her a very flirty, sexual character like Maria (or perhaps the same if you find yourself avoiding said imagery) etc.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
GrievousGarland

Post by GrievousGarland »

Please don't ruin Lisa, please. >.<
And no scrubs either! Lisa looks fine the way she is. The nurse outfit she wore fit with the mood of silent hill. The fact that nurses didn't even wear those outfits in the 80s gives the town a sense of time isolation. That shouldn't change just because the game has become more modern.

I hope they forget about Origins Lisa and stay closer to the original. No slutty Lisa. At least, not unless the game determines her personality based on how big a pervert you have been throughout the game. I still want the option to keep her as the angel she was on the ps1.

and if they by some lapse of judgment chose to cut lisa from Silent Hill, heads will roll. Even if it means donning a Japanese schoolgirl outfit and dishing out punishment with a katana. :x
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

I still wondering why people have the concept of Lisa being a fountain of tenderness, purity and goodness in Silent Hill 1... We just saw her 3 times, the first she was really scared (And gave us a really flirty smile), the second she was talking about a street and the third she started to go nuts... Whatever...

Is really probable that SM will change every character in the game... Is a new version of the same story so CLimax can do anything with the game... They already have destroyed a lot o things from the original game so they'll continue doing it soi your complains woin't change anything... The only thing that we can do is hope that the game be really good and enjoy it without worries about the storyline, timeline. canocity, etc...

If SH SM piss me off I always will have the original Silent Hill for enjoy its crude and creepy feeling...
Burning Man
Historical Society Historian

Post by Burning Man »

DistantJ wrote:Maybe if you're a player who dwells a lot on images of he female form on posters etc. that they might use your sexuality against you and make her a very flirty, sexual character like Maria (or perhaps the same if you find yourself avoiding said imagery) etc.
"He female?" Is that like another word for "shemale?"

Then, heck no.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.
GrievousGarland

KageReneko wrote:I still wondering why people have the concept of Lisa being a fountain of tenderness, purity and goodness in Silent Hill 1... We just saw her 3 times, the first she was really scared (And gave us a really flirty smile), the second she was talking about a street and the third she started to go nuts... Whatever...
I think I got that impression because she was the only nurse in the whole hospital that wasn't trying to kill me. :x

Plus, she just looks so sweet. It hurt so much to see her fall apart.
Clyde
Just Passing Through

Post by Clyde »

GrievousGarland wrote:
I hope they forget about Origins Lisa and stay closer to the original. No slutty Lisa. At least, not unless the game determines her personality based on how big a pervert you have been throughout the game. I still want the option to keep her as the angel she was on the ps1.
The Lisa "I" remember still had a flirty air about her back in SH1. I'm sure she would have been passing way more hints Harry's way if she wasn't so preoccupied with all the crazy stuff going on.
Alessandro
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Alessandro »

I'm sure she would have been passing way more hints Harry's way if she wasn't so preoccupied with all the crazy stuff going on.

*cough*slut*cough*
Puppet_Doctor
Just Passing Through

Post by Puppet_Doctor »

Arsonist wrote:
See, I found Cheryl's face to look alien in SH1.
I never got the Alien vibe out of Cheryl, she just looked like a life-sized doll to me. Still I thought she looked real enough as well as cute enough.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Image<3
The new Cheryl looks like a little adult, with anime-ish eyes to me.
After seeing that picture of Cheryl in the spoiler her face does look sort of like an alien to me. I think it has to do with those deep dark black eyes.

Either way I dislike the new charcter designs. Especially of Harry because the new one he looks just old. While it is true the original ones were unrelastic looking and Harry didn't look fatherlike he was good looking. As for Cheryl's new look I just really dislike it. I think though the picture of Cybil in Nintendo Power was really good. I like the way they made her in that version of the psychiatric test.

I just hope that they don't mess up Lisa if she is in the game.
Alessandro
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Alessandro »

Me either. I love me some red nurse ass!
GrievousGarland

Clyde wrote:
GrievousGarland wrote:
The Lisa "I" remember still had a flirty air about her back in SH1. I'm sure she would have been passing way more hints Harry's way if she wasn't so preoccupied with all the crazy stuff going on.
The only thing flirty thing that *I* remember was the way she threw herself at Harry after she just met him, and did that smile of hers. >.>

but then again, I would have probably done the same thing if I was alone and surrounded by all those monsters. If I found someone living, I would have done almost anything to stay with them. So she made herself out to be a little appealing to catch his interest and try to keep him there. That's what Alessa was hoping for anyway, right? :P
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Burning Man wrote:
DistantJ wrote:Maybe if you're a player who dwells a lot on images of he female form on posters etc. that they might use your sexuality against you and make her a very flirty, sexual character like Maria (or perhaps the same if you find yourself avoiding said imagery) etc.
"He female?" Is that like another word for "shemale?"

Then, heck no.

:lol: My browser has a strange effect with this site which makes it hard to see what I'm typing!
put_here_2_feel_joy
My Bestsellers Clerk

GrievousGarland wrote:So she made herself out to be a little appealing to catch his interest and try to keep him there. That's what Alessa was hoping for anyway, right? :P
If that's the theory you wanna go with. :P haha

We seem to be getting a bit off topic here. What kinds of things do you think Alessa will wear? I'm hoping for her usual blue school uniform. I wonder what age they'll depict her as.
snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

Post by snakesonaplane »

Ugh those glasses. This is just a sign that the game is going to be bad.
Please view my Silent Hill 2 AMV!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSh0RdDCLQ4

put_here_2_feel_joy
My Bestsellers Clerk

>Ugh those glasses. This is just a sign that the game is going to be bad.
Oh, What? No way! I think they make him look smart! :I He IS a writer after all.
phix95
Just Passing Through

Post by phix95 »

^Me likey intellectual men, especially if they can write or do art :) Go Harry!
crucifix
Historical Society Historian

Post by crucifix »

digging harry's glasses, don't really care about the difference in cheryl, although she does look a bit older. less creepy-cute.

as for cybil... again, don't really care. i'm still stoked for this game.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.