HA! I love this.

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

DamienPales
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DamienPales »

alone in the town wrote:
I'm intrigued. Resident Evil 2 has always been my favorite of the series.
It is the best, but the storyline blows.

The hilariously forced romance between Leon and Ada. A police station that really makes no spatial sense at all. The plants...the walking, acid-spitting plants!!! And let's not forget the underground factory that spans the entire city which only the police chief knows about, and is only accessed by a secret passage in his office.

Resident Evil 1 was believable. Resident Evil 2 just got kind of ridiculous.
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

Many of those same flaws can be found in Resident Evil 1.

Hell, the concept that the T-Virus can have the same effect on creatures of vastly differing fundamental biology was established from the start, so I can accept the acid-spitting plants. The Mansion is as ostentatious and unbelievable as the police station. The Leon-Ada thing... I guess you see more to it than I did (which is a nice-guy cop caring about someone he's with, never really saw anything overtly romantic about it).
MEGADETH
Just Passing Through

Post by MEGADETH »

KROD wrote:In my opinion RE4 really was not that scary. Plot sucked and it was focused way to much on combat.
I love RE and still play it, but I agree now they're more focusing on how to make character look as COOL as possible. Just look all the cinematic scene when wesker is fighting, that's so unhorror
angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Darn.
This thread is no longer a hate one. :x
KROD
Just Passing Through

Post by KROD »

Well i wasnt hating on RE, i was hating on RE4 and RE5 and some are. I loved the classics XD
Reno
Just Passing Through

Post by Reno »

Bishop Sasarai wrote: I really loved the cabin shootout, though - probably my favorite part of the whole game. That shit was pretty scary, in my opinion - even with all the ammo.
That's probably because that came closest to a actual 'zombie invasion' out of all the games it terms of how screwed you are. You were stuck in a single place, with multiple points of entry, limited resources, and a (seemingly) endless horde out to kill you with mindless bloodthirst. If the 'zombies' in 5 where less moronic, then maybe it would've worked there too.
Number 7
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Number 7 »

RE4 IMO is a great game. Not a great horror game, but a great game. I think it's a bad idea to hate a game just because you think it's supposed to be scary and isn't, when the gameplay was some of the best at the time it was released.
"He's underground now. His new name is Number Seven."
Clyde
Just Passing Through

Post by Clyde »

I agree full heartedly. RE4 wasn't what I expected out of Resident Evil game, but that didn't make it RUIN it by any means. If anything, it was much better than I thought it would be.
Whitney
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Whitney »

I didn't see it as stabs, but I would say SH:SM will be much better than a rail shooter! I looooved RE4, I thought it was really fun to play!
My Websites!
Image Image Image
DamienPales
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DamienPales »

Clyde wrote:I agree full heartedly. RE4 wasn't what I expected out of Resident Evil game, but that didn't make it RUIN it by any means. If anything, it was much better than I thought it would be.
To me, it wasn't that they were moronic. It's just that amazingly cheap taser-stick weapon you get halfway through the game. Zombie rushes aren't scary anymore when you can just beat the crap out of anything that gets close.

I ended up with WAY too much ammo because of that damned thing.
stopped_clock
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by stopped_clock »

RE4 I have to say is one of my favourite games ever, yes it's stupid, yes it's not really horror, but it is brilliant. And tbh, playing it on the hardest difficulty setting makes it more of a survival horror game, running out of ammo whilst completely surrounded by ganados is pretty terrifying.

It's just a shame that RE5 was so awful after the first couple of levels. The boss battles were tedious and drawn out and the moment the majilis (?) got guns it started to play like a poor beta of Gears. It stopped being even remotely Resident Evilish. Also, way too many quick time events.

On topic, whilst I noticed the comments I thought that they were directed more at recent SH games than at RE, they deffinitely seemed to be knocking Homecoming a lot and the rail shooter comment could well have been about the SH Arcade game.
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs