Developer Walkthrough: Gameplay Footage.

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

kideatsu
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Developer Walkthrough: Gameplay Footage.

Post by kideatsu »

The Hawk's Eye wrote:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Looks like Harry and Cybil are Silent Hill residents. Weird. Cybil is also a total bitch.
Yeah, no kidding!
Silent_Hill_Tourist
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Silent_Hill_Tourist »

Have there been any other walkthroughs apart from the IGN one?
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/Juridawn/Graphics/justatouristoptimized.jpg[/img]
Restoration01
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Restoration01 »

Silent_Hill_Tourist wrote:Have there been any other walkthroughs apart from the IGN one?
Nope, dood.
Nothing new out yet so far.
Futures
Just Passing Through

Post by Futures »

i don't know if anyone else noticed this, but the number 21 can be seen where you meet cybil...

reference to silent hill 4?
the_nothing_man
Just Passing Through

Post by the_nothing_man »

has anyone noticed when harry is in the doctors office the pointer is the eye from the halo of the sun?
crucifix
Historical Society Historian

Post by crucifix »

Futures wrote:i don't know if anyone else noticed this, but the number 21 can be seen where you meet cybil...

reference to silent hill 4?
i haven't watched the walkthrough, but if they're meeting in the café, "21" could be referencing drinking age or something similar.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
Futures
Just Passing Through

Post by Futures »

^
oh, i never even thought of that... that would be just fantastic if the profiling actually affected such minor details!
Enika
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Enika »

I just got a chance to watch the gameplay footage. I was pleasantly surprised with some aspects of it. The cutscenes really grabbed my attention and I thought they were really interesting to watch. However, and perhaps it's because I'm watching instead of playing, the chase scenes don't seem particularly frightening to me. Especially since you seem able to shake them off without a problem and since the paths are highlighted so obviously I can see them from a mile away, so I could plan my path pretty easily. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the chasing to make it more exciting.
the windmill
Just Passing Through

Post by the windmill »

I just noticed that most of the time you point the flashlight at a poster or a note you can hear Harry commenting on it. I love this because it kind of tells you more about the main character and his voice becomes more familiar!
And because of the cell phone you'll get to hear his voice more often, too.
Hopefully his attitude of talking won't ruin the atmosphere...
Restoration01
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Restoration01 »

the windmill wrote:I just noticed that most of the time you point the flashlight at a poster or a note you can hear Harry commenting on it. I love this because it kind of tells you more about the main character and his voice becomes more familiar!
And because of the cell phone you'll get to hear his voice more often, too.
Hopefully his attitude of talking won't ruin the atmosphere...
Actually, I think if you observe the surroundings more, it will also affect the storyline and the growth of the monsters.
for example, if you observe everything... will that make the monsters more intelligent?
I'm not too sure about that, but I think I read about it in one of the interviews
kideatsu
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by kideatsu »

That would be awesome! That would also explain the "this game plays you as much as you play it" note at the beginning.
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

Hasn't that already been confirmed?
SilentOne
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentOne »

NanayaShiki wrote:Hasn't that already been confirmed?
Like, through five+ interviews?
Yo.
Dark Sky
Just Passing Through

Post by Dark Sky »

angevil wrote:Image
This sucks, SH1 looked better than this.
It did?!

It didn't :(
Krysta
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Krysta »

just a litle tbh. Looks worse than sh2 on pc fo'sure
Made In Heaven
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Made In Heaven »

That doctor has a lot of alcohol drinks I wonder if it will affect your answer if you say no to having a drink and staring at the doc's bottles too long just confirms that you are a liar. :lol:

One of my fears is that being chased by monsters will get too routine that as soon as you see the ice you should expect to be ambushed. Yet I am glad that you can explore without worrying about being attacked but who knows maybe monsters will invade non icy silent hill later on.

Cybil seems a lot more warm/kind in the other trailer maybe the question sheet really does give you the opposite scenario depending on what you answer though I like the little Easter Egg when Harry enters the diner.

In the second part around 52 seconds you can see a cardboard cutout of a blond guy with holding a something that looks like a metal pipe and he looks a little like James Sunderland.:shock: It could be just my imagination playing tricks on me sorry for the low rez picture.

[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/Irene21121/MIHSIG.png[/img]
Thanks starsail1929 for the awesome sig!
thatguynm
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by thatguynm »

He looks more like some generic Elvis guy with a microphone and today's specials
[url=http://www.myspace.com/thatguynm]click[/url]
"Think not that dreams appear to the dreamer only at night:
the dream of this world of pain appears to us even by day."
Hannah
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hannah »

...Yeah, MIH, that's an Elvis clone. Probably for karaoke night or something. When you choose a different set of questions, he turns into some kind of sexy woman.

Actually, it looks like he's holding a menu.
¿Qué carajo estás haciendo aquí? ¡Lárgate, cabrón!

Y'know what I don't hate?
angevil
Just Passing Through

Post by angevil »

Dark Sky wrote:
angevil wrote:Image
This sucks, SH1 looked better than this.
It did?!

It didn't :(
Yes, it did look better. Only now Harry has glasses so you see the town more clearly :lol:
ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

Well I came away from that footage feeling better about the game. Hope there's more too it then running like hell every time the otherworld shows up. At least it seems like you'll be able to defend yourself to some extent (flares, knocking down shit). Hope some more gameplay footage from later in the game is released, hard to evaluate it from the first 15 minutes.

Also, I really hope that was temp music. That loop got old fast.