The FAKE Silent Hill:SM Soundtrack

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

The FAKE Silent Hill:SM Soundtrack

Post by SilentMadness »

RussianYulia from youtube has the unofficial soundtrack of the upcoming game. She's gotten 10 tracks so far and they seem to live up with its predecessor
Enjoy! :D

Silent Hill Shattered Memories soundtrack:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 35D469A078

EDIT: After learning that RussianYulia has been passing this off as the "unoffiial" soundtrack, it's only fitting to give credit where credit is due...

So please enjoy a collection of silent hill inspired tracks from the Broken Notes albums, with Christophe Frutuoso and a few from Liminality.
Last edited by SilentMadness on 14 Jun 2009, edited 2 times in total.
"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...IT'S ALL THE SAME ONCE YOU'RE DEAD!"--Eddie Dombrowski
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
words to live by
VIVIsect
Historical Society Historian

Post by VIVIsect »

I'm gonna have to doubt the authenticity of these tracks...
nobody is anybody
Light Alessa
Just Passing Through

Post by Light Alessa »

one question xD how can you have an official unofficial soundtrack? 0.o
[quote] I love the Silent Hill Series. The Games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I Believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill 8 can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their Series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.[/quote]

Put this In Your Sig If you agree :)
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

^you would have to ask her, but i believe these are authentic as she was the same person who gotten the homecoming soundtrack months before the game came out and nothing has changed with those.
"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...IT'S ALL THE SAME ONCE YOU'RE DEAD!"--Eddie Dombrowski
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
words to live by
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

then why are they being dubbed "unofficial"?

unless she's trying to avoid deletion, which isn't going to work; youtube is nazistic in its copyright infringement claims. they find everything, no matter the title or tags.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

I'm calling FAKE. The beats are a dead giveaway. Those are some of the most generic, MIDI sounding "trip-hop" beats I've ever heard.

It's Akira's "style" alright, but it ain't him.
nobody is anybody
Ratiocinator
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ratiocinator »

...and I'm gonna laugh when it turns out these are the beats to the game as opposed to what everyone else is currently saying. (Not saying I like or don't like the tunes... just supporting irony.)
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

lol. Don't hold your breath.

But hey, if I'm wrong then I'll come back to this thread and eat crow. And, I'll also rag on Yamaoka who once said in an interview that he is confident that no one can match his ability at programing beats. Big words.
nobody is anybody
Ratiocinator
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ratiocinator »

Well, IGN has video walkthroughs up now so someone who doesn't care to spoil the game for themselves can watch the vids and compare them to these YouTube-uploaded songs.
angevil
Just Passing Through

Post by angevil »

I don`t understand why you would `t believe that this soundtrack is real. Why would anyone go through the trouble of faking everything? Come on. This is the real thing.
Touch Coma
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Touch Coma »

Sounds pretty legit to me. I wonder how she has access to this stuff, assuming it is real.
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

OMG, SilentMaddness where have you been!?
We missed you!! :mrgreen:

Ontopic: I love the soundtrack! It really reminds me of Silent Hill 2 like someone else said. Also it give a little Christmassy feel! Love it! :D
Loveless_Dogg

Post by Loveless_Dogg »

While everyone here is just assuming that they know Akira's style so well. Why doesn't someone just post a question on the Q&A topic regarding this "unofficial" soundtrack, and be done with it?

Personally, I don't care if they are real or not. I think it sounds great.
Value your failures more than your successes. Successes only last until someone screws them up. Failures are forever. She left...and...I'm lost.
DamienPales
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DamienPales »

crucifix wrote:then why are they being dubbed "unofficial"?

unless she's trying to avoid deletion, which isn't going to work; youtube is nazistic in its copyright infringement claims. they find everything, no matter the title or tags.
Youtube doesn't bother deleting video game music. Game companies don't really have a problem with the music being leaked onto the Internet, since they're not really in the business of selling the music, they're selling the game. If anything, leaked game music is actually a big, fat advertisement for the game itself, which equals more sales. So I have to wonder if Konami is the one who's leaking the album...
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I love RussianYulia.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

While I agree w/ VIVIsect as to how dull and uninspired these tracks are, I have a feeling they really are a part of the Silent Hill: Shattered Memories soundtrack. Akira Yamaoka's aptitude for songwriting has been regressing for years, and these tracks—if truly his—further evidence his disingenuous motives w/ the Silent Hill series.

I think Thrice should do the soundtrack, to be honest. Here's why.
Last edited by The Adversary on 07 Jun 2009, edited 1 time in total.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
DamienPales
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DamienPales »

They're not THAT bad. Some of them do seem a bit uninspired, but there are examples of those in all of the OST's from SH1 to Homecoming. It's near impossible for me to judge the songs on their own anyway, without any context from the game or the overall "feel" of the entire soundtrack.

It's just that we're getting bored of hearing his style of music over and over again. Dark ambient is just one of those genres that, if you're not a fan of it, you're going to find tedious and repetitive. Same with industrial. I think he's gotten better over the years actually, and I find some of his later compositions to be the most complex and interesting.

I actually really like about half of them. The others are admittedly generic. "Unexpected," by the way, sounds like it's a remix of "Claw Finger" or "Fear of the Dark." Or a combination of both.
Krysta
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Krysta »

a very very nice find. For now convertin all to mp3
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Would you mind sharing said .mp3s?
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Severeth
Gravedigger

Post by Severeth »

Sounds similar to the SH1 and 2 soundtracks so far.
I have a Youtube account where I sometimes post SH related videos. www.youtube.com/user/severeth

http://www.last.fm/user/Severeth