Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 20 Sep 2018

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 29 May 2006
Notes left: 1096
Last seen at: Mormons HQ
time will tell but Origins and Homecoming OST came out very early too 'unofically' ofc. The only diffrence is that this time around it came out very very early. Regardless 1st two tracks are owning mighty asses

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 May 2009
Notes left: 64
Even if it is fanmade, it has a great feel to it and whoever DID make it, I think, did a fantastic job.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Jan 2005
Notes left: 7376
Last seen at: Couldn't tell you even if I tired
crucifix wrote:
then why are they being dubbed "unofficial"?

She probably got them from a rip from the beta version of the game... That is where I got my "unofficial" OST Homecoming tracks. *cough cough* Yeah...

I like them to a degree. You can tell they are different from the rest of the series... While still having a similar subtle vibe. They remined me of a cross between SH2 OST and SH:H OST. They have a very pronounce beat like SH2 but still the "arena" sound as I like to call it, the music that ,akes it seem like you are standing in the middle of a large room w/ music coming from all around you.

The only thing I can say is that they seem a little timid for the visuals of the game. Visually this game is the most shocking/surprising game in the series, so I was expecting the shift in music to follow and be more, idk like horror-movie-esque-ish. Make sense??? Probably not but I am going to go w/ it. They seem more submissive for the most part. Forgotten Town has the driving music I expected the entire ST to have. Then again I only had 10 tracks to preview, they rest of the OST might be different.

ETA: I am surprised (in a good way) that they put Claw Finger into the track Unexpected. I wonder how many other tracks have this same effect??? To bad the Q&A thread has come to it's completion cause I would have loved to ask the source.

World Toilet Organization
I'm like a circle, I'M TOO GOOD FOR CORNERS!!!

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 May 2009
Notes left: 263
Last seen at: Indiana
Some of the tracks I listened to on the youtube site sound strikingly familiar to a crew of fan artists that put together several "albums" of fan music. I think they called themselves Broken Notes, but I could be wrong. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? Not that I'm doubting this is Akira's work, but some of them do remind me of that fan music. Which is cool, cause I loved a lot of their music. Some of it was dead-on the SH train of tunes.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Apr 2006
Notes left: 89
kideatsu wrote:
Some of the tracks I listened to on the youtube site sound strikingly familiar to a crew of fan artists that put together several "albums" of fan music. I think they called themselves Broken Notes, but I could be wrong. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? Not that I'm doubting this is Akira's work, but some of them do remind me of that fan music. Which is cool, cause I loved a lot of their music. Some of it was dead-on the SH train of tunes.

I remember around 04-05 an album of "broken notes" during the silent hill news and info drought. different than this, however, i am skeptical of the songs too - i do not think they are too bad.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 11 Jun 2009
Notes left: 13
Last seen at: Australia
Don't know what RussianYulia17x's up to here, but I'm pretty sure none of this is by Akira. Some of the names are changed, but I'm pretty sure I know where most of these are actually from.

Awaken, Missing, Night, and Unexpected are definately from Christophe Frutuoso's SH tribute albums.
Cold Streets, Loneliness and Fear and Our Special Place, are from the Liminality SH inspired albums.
I think Forgotten Town is from one of the Broken Notes albums.

I'm not sure about Mystery in the Bright, though, but I'd quess that's also from a fan album somewhere. I think In Memory Of... might also be Christophe Frutuoso.

Edit - Actually, Cold Streets is by Christophe Frutuoso too, nevermind, lol.

Last edited by to_forever on 12 Jun 2009, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Jan 2005
Notes left: 7376
Last seen at: Couldn't tell you even if I tired
kideatsu wrote:
Some of the tracks I listened to on the youtube site sound strikingly familiar to a crew of fan artists that put together several "albums" of fan music. I think they called themselves Broken Notes, but I could be wrong. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?.

Broken Notes was a great group and I liked their music, in fact they can still be found here. If you guys are intrested... :mrgreen:

World Toilet Organization
I'm like a circle, I'M TOO GOOD FOR CORNERS!!!

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Jan 2008
Notes left: 1323
Last seen at: Minnesota
Broken Notes are fantastic. Really, give them a shot.

Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Apr 2006
Notes left: 1134
Last seen at: New Jersey
MMY wrote:
While I agree w/ VIVIsect as to how dull and uninspired these tracks are, I have a feeling they really are a part of the Silent Hill: Shattered Memories soundtrack. Akira Yamaoka's aptitude for songwriting has been regressing for years, and these tracks—if truly his—further evidence his disingenuous motives w/ the Silent Hill series.

I think Thrice should do the soundtrack, to be honest. Here's why.

That's the only album I've listened to that's good. All of their other stuff sounds incredibly gay. The album actually isn't that great until Digital Sea, and then the rest is really good. It's very disappointing. I'm not saying I disagree with you, because they do have a talent for ambient sounding music, it's just...when I hear other albums, I'm saying, "What the fuck?"

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
Yr opinion is mistaken.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Mar 2008
Notes left: 826
Last seen at: Houston, Tx
to_forever wrote:
Don't know what RussianYulia17x's up to here, but I'm pretty sure none of this is by Akira. Some of the names are changed, but I'm pretty sure I know where most of these are actually from.

Awaken, Missing, Night, and Unexpected are definately from Christophe Frutuoso's SH tribute albums.
Cold Streets, Loneliness and Fear and Our Special Place, are from the Liminality SH inspired albums.

I'm not sure about Mystery in the Bright, though, but I'd quess that's also from a fan album somewhere. I think In Memory Of... might also be Christophe Frutuoso.

So wait, you're saying that you heard these exact songs from the other albums mentioned above? Damn, now I'm starting to doubt if this is authentic...

If thats the case, it's only fitting to change the title to "RussiaYulia17x is a liar!" :lol:

Post subject:

MMY wrote:
Yr opinion is mistaken.

Enlighten me.

Don't get me wrong, I WANT to like them. But I've barely heard any ambient stuff from them other than from The Alchemy Index, Vols. 1 & 2: Fire & Water.

All their stuff seems like it's just screamo, nu-metalish crap. Again, I want to be wrong, can you give me examples of other material from them that's ambient?

Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11379
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Quote:
If thats the case, it's only fitting to change the title to "RussiaYulia17x is a liar!"

Technically, she never claimed it was Akira's work. :P

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
>I've barely heard any ambient stuff from
Thrice isn't an ambient band, so, no, you're not going to hear much ambiance from them. And, yes, they are—or were—a screamo band, esp. w/ the album The Artist in the Ambulance. However, they also incorporated odd time signatures seamlessly unlike other screamo bands and progressed musically w/ every album—esp. w/ their 2005 Vheissu.

Go listen to "The Earth Will Shake" and tell me they're just some "screamo, nu-metalish crap."

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Post subject:

MMY wrote:
>I've barely heard any ambient stuff from
Thrice isn't an ambient band, so, no, you're not going to hear much ambiance from them. And, yes, they are—or were—a screamo band, esp. w/ the album The Artist in the Ambulance. However, they also incorporated odd time signatures seamlessly unlike other screamo bands and progressed musically w/ every album—esp. w/ their 2005 Vheissu.

Go listen to "The Earth Will Shake" and tell me they're just some "screamo, nu-metalish crap."

It doesn't do anything for me. When you gave a link to "Digital Sea", I assumed that was the type of music they made...I was clearly mistaken and incredibly disappointed. I'm not saying they aren't talented, but 95% of their material is uninteresting to me. It's a shame because they sound a lot better when they make ambient music than they do screamo or whatever you want to call it.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

SilentMadness wrote:
to_forever wrote:

So wait, you're saying that you heard these exact songs from the other albums mentioned above? Damn, now I'm starting to doubt if this is authentic...

If thats the case, it's only fitting to change the title to "RussiaYulia17x is a liar!" :lol:

Yep, I have definately heard most of these songs. Like I said, there's a few that I'm not sure about, but I'm pretty positive on the Frutuoso and Liminality ones.

Post subject:

Missing since: 31 Jan 2004
Notes left: 3832
Indeed, to_forever is correct. I actually went to the Broken Notes website and downloaded a couple albums. Sure enough, "Forgotten Town" is straight off one of those albums.

EDIT:

I posted a comment on the video for "Forgotten Town" stating that it was not Akira Yamaoka and that the song was in fact recorded by Broken Notes. I was even polite about it and my comment was immediately deleted by RussianYulia17X.

Ok. Way to keep everyone fooled with these pedestrian, amateur songs RussianYulia. The title of this thread should be changed to state that she is a liar.

Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11379
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Like I said earlier, she didn't make any claims, so she's not really lying. It was we who assumed she was trying to pass off a legitimate soundtrack when, in retrospect, it was a pretty obvious fanwork.

Post subject:

Missing since: 31 Jan 2004
Notes left: 3832
Considering that the only people allowed to comment on the videos are people who are praising "Akira Yamaoka's" new soundtrack, I think it's obvious that she is attempting to pass it off as something that it's not. She may not be saying that it is Yamaoka, but she's certainly not saying that it isn't.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Yeah, I left a comment too. Deleted, since I can't find it. :? I sent her a message too, asking if she was aware that they weren't by Akira, but no reply so far.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next