DOOOOOD! A new Trailer...

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

BurningWitch
Just Passing Through

Post by BurningWitch »

The more I see of the game, the more excited I get.

The gameplay looks awesome, but to be honest I'm not getting a very creepy feeling from it.
Dark Sky
Just Passing Through

Post by Dark Sky »

Varg6 wrote:
Dark Sky wrote:Also the little monsters we see in the gameplay footage don't really look or sound strange or creepy enough to me...seem a bit generic.
Well, I'd assume they evolve as the game gets to know you more. Perhaps they are generic at first because that person has only been playing for, what, 20 minutes or so? The game doesn't know the player well...yet. The second encounter might be a lot different depending on what that player examines after he runs for dear life.

Assuming that theory is correct...this game is going to be fucking awesome.
Yeah...no that would be cool.

I dunno, I don't want to get TOO excited about the whole "psychological profiling" thing because I can't believe it's going to be THAT complicated and I presume there's only going to be three or four variations of things within the game.

Then again, the original Tamagotchis had about twenty different little animals they could grow into based on how you treated them...
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

haha@tough titties

anyway, even though i'm not excited for this game at all, i'm glad to see that there's a high number of fans who are. i guess i'll just continue to enjoy Homecoming until this game is released, and hope that when i actually play SM i actually enjoy it.
Restoration01
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Restoration01 »

Video Gamer wrote:I'm really, REALLY trying to not get excited for this game. I don't want to be let down.
...And yet, I'm still getting excited. <_<
Rofl, same feelings, dood.
although, i don't have a wii, but it still looks very attractive
KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Post by KiramidHead »

I really like this psych profile idea, but I have a sinking feeling that it could be like the Final Destination 3 DVD, where you could supposedly choose who lives or dies, but didn't really work.
Varg6
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Varg6 »

^^ Only time will tell.
Det Som Engang Var...
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

I don't know what to think about this game... SH1 remake? No... it's an SH1 "complement" and what I would like to see would be SH1 identical, with better graphics and sound for PS3.... *sigh*
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Yeah, I'm pretty much of the opposite viewpoint. Since I've already played SH1 (a lot), a "complement" is the only way I'd accept this project, since a straight remake would be straight boring. Otherwise, I'd be philosophically against it (though I'd still try it at least).

Besides, part of the reason I love SH1 was due to its muddy look, made things so much more indistinct and frightening. That's something I largely miss from the SH series, how the first two games used their graphical limitations to make me see things in the distance that weren't there.

Graphics don't mean as much as design to me. I'll happily take a game with lower graphical power if its art direction is superior. From what I've seen so far, Shattered Memories has built a credible world, but that's par for the course as far as SH is concerned: the determining factor will be how they blend weirdness with that mundane template. I won't be able to say much on that until I've finished the game.
BurningWitch
Just Passing Through

Post by BurningWitch »

Kenji wrote:
Graphics don't mean as much as design to me. I'll happily take a game with lower graphical power if its art direction is superior.

Ditto, gameplay/story should always come before visuals in my book. Otherwise you get good looking games that are fundamentally boring, which seem to be more common these days.
Dark Sky
Just Passing Through

Post by Dark Sky »

KiramidHead wrote:I really like this psych profile idea, but I have a sinking feeling that it could be like the Final Destination 3 DVD, where you could supposedly choose who lives or dies, but didn't really work.
I quite liked how they filmed various versions of the scenes for the DVD! Especially how you could choose for them to not get on the rollercoaster at the beginning and then the film would just end after ten minutes...
Silent Carnage
Just Passing Through

Post by Silent Carnage »

The film was really that interactive? Wow.