Enemies...Do They Represent Anything?

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

QuestionSleepZz
Gravedigger

Enemies...Do They Represent Anything?

Post by QuestionSleepZz »

Hi, i'm very new to posting on these Forums...this in fact is my first post, but i have been a reader here for a while now, I apoligize if this has been posted already but do you guys think the enemies that are going to appear in this game are going to represent anything like in most of the previous installments?
I myself have only seen one trailer and i've only seen one type of enemy (the one that looks like an ordinary naked human figure), i don't know how many have been released to the eye of the public.
also I have only played a little bit of Silent Hill 1 and i really don't know if the monsters in there represent much.
SGTCOOL
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SGTCOOL »

I've just read that the enemies will take different forms based upon the surveys you take in game, as well as what you examine in the environment. So if you're sexually motivated, as in looking at a lot of girlie pin ups, the enemies will take the shape of grotesque monster women. Probably a lot of other factors that are unknown at this point as well.
chia2141
Just Passing Through

Post by chia2141 »

sgtcool is right, so the monsters represents you.
There's a silent hill in every one of us
Harrys_Girl
Historical Society Historian

Post by Harrys_Girl »

From what I have gathered from interveiws, the monsters are going to be based off the findings of the questionaire in the beginning of the game. I.e. if you tend to have a very sexually aggressive theme in the questionaire, the monsters/enemies are going to be very grotesque, dominating and sexual. Whereas if you questionaire determines you are a very docile person, the monsters will be more docile towards Harry.
Touch Coma
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Touch Coma »

Thats so cool! There must be many many different kinds of monsters in the game then.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Nvixurx.jpg?1[/IMG]
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

>Whereas if you questionaire determines you are a very docile person, the monsters will be more docile towards Harry.
When I saw that writing something like a Carrion from Origins popped into my head licking Harry's hand... Creepy.
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Yes, the monsters in SH1 come from Alessa's nightmares. The book of Lost Memories confirms that they originate from her fear of dogs, bugs, fairy tales, medical staff etc. etc. (http://www.translatedmemories.com/bookp ... eature.jpg). So it will be interesting to see how/if the remake changes this.
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

It's going to be crazy, monsters designed by a game which knows you better than you do. I'm worried I'm going to find myself purposely staring at the things in the environment/checking the map at the right times etc. that would make the game turn out a certain way, so I'm gonna have to try really hard to just play it naturally, so that the game can figure me out.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Endri
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Endri »

I'll try to play the game in a way, that it will be as close as the original as possible.
Vixx wrote:Yes, the monsters in SH1 come from Alessa's nightmares. The book of Lost Memories confirms that they originate from her fear of dogs, bugs, fairy tales, medical staff etc. etc. (http://www.translatedmemories.com/bookp ... eature.jpg). So it will be interesting to see how/if the remake changes this.
You know, the way I read made think that Alessa really was afraid of fairy tales! XD

I lol'd
http://endri.webs.com
[spoiler]Harry's name isn't Harry. Harry is just a nickname. His name is Harrold.
James' actual occupation is clerk.
Heather smoked until the age of 17.
EDIT - INFLAMATORY - T.
Travis is virgin.
Alex's a uninteresting character.

The bushes in the original SMB are also the clouds.

artic[b]UNO[/b], zap[b]DOS[/b], mol[b]TRES[/b][/spoiler]
Varg6
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Varg6 »

I'm the type of player that explores everything. I'm going to play this game just like any other Silent Hill game, well, I'll try to at least. It might be harder given the fact that you can't get away from creatures anymore. Nonetheless, I'm very very impressed with how this game looks. I can't wait for it.
Det Som Engang Var...
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Endri wrote:I'll try to play the game in a way, that it will be as close as the original as possible.
lol WHY? You've already played the original. Do something new.
decembirds
Just Passing Through

Post by decembirds »

I like the idea of the monsters representing what you observe in the game, and even if they aren't severely disturbing as the ones in past games, they'll certainly scare the crap out of me, since there's no way to kill them.
http://76148.tumblr.com/
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

Harrys_Girl wrote:From what I have gathered from interveiws, the monsters are going to be based off the findings of the questionaire in the beginning of the game. I.e. if you tend to have a very sexually aggressive theme in the questionaire, the monsters/enemies are going to be very grotesque, dominating and sexual. Whereas if you questionaire determines you are a very docile person, the monsters will be more docile towards Harry.
That is so sick. I can't wait to see how far technology can take that.
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
Red Veil
Just Passing Through

Post by Red Veil »

im trying hard to imagine this technology with changed monsters. it would just be awesome to see an example of this mechanism in action. maybe in the next trailor?

does that mean that if you have a deep fear of phalices like heather did you might see a penis chasing you?
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

The interview seemed to indicate that the monsters might even evolve as the game progresses, becoming ever more tailor-made to the player as the game goes on. That's fucking awesome.
Last edited by rm2kking on 22 Jun 2009, edited 1 time in total.
Koshercrackers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Koshercrackers »

I guess that we can think of them as a blob of putty. The original naked man template is pretty basic, but as the game progresses, it starts to sculpt the monster based on your decisions and interactions. Like, for instance, if you're really good at taking pictures and observing things, the game might make the enemies rely more on stealth to get you.
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

They look like little nekkid Valtiels in their "blank" form. The name is great too. Raw Shocks; as in Rorschachs- better known as Ink Blot tests. You see what your mind allows you to see, just like Silent Hill.
I dreamed I lay in a dark valley and all around me were the titanic forms of archangels. I heard distant voices and I knew these supernatural warriors were chanting a litany...
"We are the Warriors at the End of Time. We are the lost, the last, the unkind. We are the Warriors on the Edge of Time and we're tired, we're tired... We're tired of making love..."
Klimat
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Klimat »

Koshercrackers wrote:I guess that we can think of them as a blob of putty. The original naked man template is pretty basic, but as the game progresses, it starts to sculpt the monster based on your decisions and interactions.
Agreed here. In the name Raw Shocks the important word is "raw" I think. Which means unchanged, unprepared, presented in the original form, unsubbed, etc. The ones into anime knows what am I talking about :).
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

You know I didn't think about the word "Raw" that way. Good observation!
I dreamed I lay in a dark valley and all around me were the titanic forms of archangels. I heard distant voices and I knew these supernatural warriors were chanting a litany...
"We are the Warriors at the End of Time. We are the lost, the last, the unkind. We are the Warriors on the Edge of Time and we're tired, we're tired... We're tired of making love..."
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

M2kking, that's exactly what happens. This is why the monsters are so plain in all the clips we've seen so far, because they're at the beginning of the game.

It does stuff like, say, for example, the player spends a lot of time looking at swimsuit calendars on the walls and stuff, the monsters might eventually have boobs. lol, stuff like that.

Apparently there are also more psychologist tests throughout the game, not just at the beginning, as in it returns to the psychologist's office every now and then during the game to find more out about you - possibly between each 'chapter'.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.