Leonard Rhine: the monster lurks.

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

cedar grove
Just Passing Through

Leonard Rhine: the monster lurks.

Post by cedar grove »

maby (yes i know that this is a reimagineing and a alternate dimension, so dont tell me about it ) we will finaly find out who or what leonard rhine was/is.
what does no man want, but dosent want to lose either?
a lawsuit.
SilentOne
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentOne »

Could this not have been asked in another one of your posts? It's very messy to make a new topic for every single query you have- this could have very well been placed in one of the preexisting topics too.

But anyway, as for the topic itself, who knows. We'll find out when we get there. IIRC, Leonard Rhine didn't even exist in the original Silent Hill. He was just used as a reference to a Stephen King novel, I think.
Yo.
Bishop Sasarai
Historical Society Historian

Post by Bishop Sasarai »

He was just used as a reference to a Stephen King novel, I think.
More like Dean Koontz.
"In relation to [animals], all people are Nazis; for the animals, it is an eternal Treblinka." - Isaac Bashevis Singer
--
Proud member of the Asiatic hordes. SEANZ.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The significance would be moot anyway b/c Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is in an alternate dimension from the rest of the Silent Hill series.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Plus, it doesn't matter so hard my nose is bleeding.
DamienPales
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DamienPales »

Leonard Rhine is the name of the author who wrote the book on psychics in Midwich's library. Harry mentions it when he reads the passage from the book. How can you guys not know this?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>How can you guys not know this?
I'm gonna take a guess here and say, "b/c it's not true."
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

alone in the town wrote:Plus, it doesn't matter so hard my nose is bleeding.
I remember you making that same comment before except it went something like 'that sucks my ass so hard my nose is bleeding.' I have shamelessly stolen that quote and used it many times since then, thank you. :D
DamienPales
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DamienPales »

MMY wrote:>How can you guys not know this?
I'm gonna take a guess here and say, "b/c it's not true."
Even though Harry says in-game that it is the book referenced in the bathroom stall?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

You're imagining an awful lot: Harry doesn't speak the name Leonard Rhine. All he says, upon examination, is, "What's this? 'The Monster Lurks' is the book's title."

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
DamienPales
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DamienPales »

And do you think the developers put the name "Leonard Rhine" underneath that title for kicks? Obviously, whoever wrote that note is trying to tell Harry to find a book called "The Monster Lurks" by Leonard Rhine in the library.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Or perhaps Leonard Rhine etched the title into the wall for Harry. After all, the strung-up body had the shotgun.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
DamienPales
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DamienPales »

Why would he sign his own name under the note? It would be the only note in the entire game where the author bothers to do such a thing. And since it's written in blood, I like to believe that whoever wrote it is the same person writing those hints for the two clock tower keys, and none of those have any names at the end of them.

Nah, it's someone trying to help Harry by giving him the title and author of a book that's important. The fact that his name is never mentioned again makes me believe that that's the case. If it was really the guy in the stall, I would think we'd hear something more about this guy rather than just one fleeting name for a random corpse.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

I know it's strictly against the rules, but I can't help myself:

lmao
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

Idk, since the whole thing is a reference to Phantoms, and in Phantoms the name is the author's name, I think it's a fair assumption that it was intended to be the name of the author of the book.
I once was lost, but am now profound.
Raider Man

Post by Raider Man »

People, don't forget Dhalia, she also has something to do with these, who actually told Harry to go to the school, and to look for the key in the Street Aven in doghouse, since then, when he reached the school, all the writing that was written in blood can be written by her, I don't think I am right, Dhalia wasn't in the dark side on that time, so I think I am wrong... :P
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

It was probably Cheryl or Alessa who left the "To School" note.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]