New Interview Game informer

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Walter10h
Just Passing Through

New Interview Game informer

Post by Walter10h »

NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

"Anyone who yearns for the early days when Silent Hill still made them question what the hell was going on... Shattered Memories is for you."

I'd like to say "I'm in", but I've been in since the psyche profiler was announced.
cascade88
Historical Society Historian

Post by cascade88 »

"The main story arc is delivered each time you play through, but that story arc can be very different with each play through and change in ways where 100 people playing the game will get some experiences of the story that are unique to only their play through."

100? :shock:

I already had high hopes for this whole catering-to-your-issues turnabout of play, but now I'm even more psyched.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

I'm sure it's going to be very hard for all the people who create strategy guides and walkthroughs :lol:
But I think I have everything that I need to know that by the time this game comes out, I will have it in my hands jumping with glee 8)
"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...IT'S ALL THE SAME ONCE YOU'RE DEAD!"--Eddie Dombrowski
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
words to live by
neonblack
Hope House Careworker

Post by neonblack »

It's pretty obvious that they left out the names on the Dr. K document for a reason. Who could the patient in question be? Lisa? Dahlia?

I need a Wii...
"Blessed is the lion which becomes man when consumed by man; and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes, and the lion becomes man."
[size=84]The Gospel of Thomas, logion 7.[/size]
Whispered-Rain
Just Passing Through

Post by Whispered-Rain »

After reading this and some other things, I'm extremly excited to play this game.
The fact that they are focusing on the psychological aspect of the game (which is why I and so many others love it so much) has pretty much sold the game to me. :D
Paddock
Just Passing Through

Post by Paddock »

1. Take away combat
2. Add Psych Profile system
3. ???
4. Profit
Death is his business, and business is good.
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

neonblack wrote:It's pretty obvious that they left out the names on the Dr. K document for a reason. Who could the patient in question be? Lisa? Dahlia?

I need a Wii...
The patient... I'm guessing Lisa. Since
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
In Origins, she mentions wanting to be an actress.
And well, I'll be getting it on the PS2. Although I doubt it'll be the same as playing with the Wiimote, oh well.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

This makes me wonder... How many endings will SHSM have?? Man, I need a WII!!!
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Holy shit.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Restoration01
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Restoration01 »

Wow, this is gonna be good.
I just hope that the psp version will be as good as the wii, since i don't have one :|
GrievousGarland

Post by GrievousGarland »

In the 80s there were rumors of an affair with his patient __________ (the actress and daughter of __________ ). The minor controversies only added to the doctor's rock and roll reputation amongst the rich set. In the background to this, Dr. K was developing a moderate __________. Privately he subjected __________ humiliating __________ experiments, __________ out on the 80s New York socialite scene and __________ recount her __________ afterwards. Dr. K often justified these elements of his life as being part of his need to explore the edges of mental experience in order to better understand the human mind
Now, call me a fan boy, but till the game comes out I'm going to assume that this actress is Lisa. My mind is set in stone now.

Considering that Dr. K is this game's Kaufmann, Lisa having an affair with him seems very fitting. However, the lines after it are very disconcerting. Experiments? Humiliating? What if Harry's whole plight is just a figment created by Dr. K's experiments?

and the last part mentions a "her", are they referring to the actress?

damn blanks! How you curse me so! T_T

EDIT: Just got an idea. What if Dr. K was doing these experiments on children, and Cheryl was one of them?
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

Let's just hope that those 100 different ways to play don't become as ridiculous as the 365 different "Shadow the Hedgehog" scenarios.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Every time I see someone make assumptions about Shattered Memories based upon what they know from past games, I chortle and titter.

I'm sure the developers do, too.
GrievousGarland

alone in the town wrote:Every time I see someone make assumptions about Shattered Memories based upon what they know from past games, I chortle and titter.

I'm sure the developers do, too.
You have to admit that there are similarities, it still has ties to the original game. No need to be so condescending about it.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

GrievousGarland wrote:You have to admit that there are similarities, it still has ties to the original game. No need to be so condescending about it.
I'll be as condescending as I want to be, you charming little bundle of insecurities.

There are similarities. Harry Mason's still the main character. Other characters have familiar names. It takes place in a town called Silent Hill that has more than one reality, one of which has monsters.

Past those basic similarities, Shattered Memories resembles Silent Hill 1 about as much as Twilight resembles the Bible.
Enika
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Enika »

The main story arc is delivered each time you play through, but that story arc can be very different with each play through and change in ways where 100 people playing the game will get some experiences of the story that are unique to only their play through.
Well, now I know which SH game I'm going to be spending the most time on...

Awesome interview, though, made me even more excited!
GrievousGarland

alone in the town wrote:
GrievousGarland wrote:You have to admit that there are similarities, it still has ties to the original game. No need to be so condescending about it.
I'll be as condescending as I want to be, you charming little bundle of insecurities.

There are similarities. Harry Mason's still the main character. Other characters have familiar names. It takes place in a town called Silent Hill that has more than one reality, one of which has monsters.

Past those basic similarities, Shattered Memories resembles Silent Hill 1 about as much as Twilight resembles the Bible.
Ahh... you really don't see the numerous similarities? Are you blind? There are many direct references back to the first game.

and you have no right to be condescending, I'm more than just a bundle of insecurities. Can't wait to see your face when they reveal the name of the girl I suspect is Lisa. -_-
neonblack
Hope House Careworker

Post by neonblack »

Play nice children. I believe you're both right.

It's obvious that Lisa's going to be a named character in the game, as we've seen pretty much everyone else namechecked. However, the similarities are going to end with the name. As they have for every other character revealed so far. I wouldn't be surprised if Dr. K's patient was named Lisa. Not at all.
"Blessed is the lion which becomes man when consumed by man; and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes, and the lion becomes man."
[size=84]The Gospel of Thomas, logion 7.[/size]
GrievousGarland

neonblack wrote:Play nice children. I believe you're both right.

It's obvious that Lisa's going to be a named character in the game, as we've seen pretty much everyone else namechecked. However, the similarities are going to end with the name. As they have for every other character revealed so far. I wouldn't be surprised if Dr. K's patient was named Lisa. Not at all.
Hmm... Cybil's similarities didn't end with her name. *pouts*

lol, I guess you're right. Just if that was Lisa mentioned in that blank filled document, then I'm spotting similarities already.