New Interview Game informer

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

neonblack
Hope House Careworker

Post by neonblack »

Well, I mean, Dr. K's still a doctor, and Cybil's still a cop, but the characters themselves have been changed so drastically they don't resemble their namesakes from SH1. I'm sure that depending on your psych profile their roles could be very similar, but it's a double-edged sword because at the same time, the psych profile could drastically alter the roles of each character in the game(and it's going to drastically alter the personalities of the characters you meet, as we've seen so far). Who knows?
"Blessed is the lion which becomes man when consumed by man; and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes, and the lion becomes man."
[size=84]The Gospel of Thomas, logion 7.[/size]
Bishop Sasarai
Historical Society Historian

Post by Bishop Sasarai »

That whole "100 different things" reminds me of the claims on the back of RPG CD jewel cases that claim that the games provide "Over 100 hours of gameplay!!!" Especially amusing when I beat the game in half the time with like, 85-90% completion.
"In relation to [animals], all people are Nazis; for the animals, it is an eternal Treblinka." - Isaac Bashevis Singer
--
Proud member of the Asiatic hordes. SEANZ.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

GrievousGarland wrote:and you have no right to be condescending, I'm more than just a bundle of insecurities. Can't wait to see your face when they reveal the name of the girl I suspect is Lisa. -_-
I'll send you a photo. And a sense of humor. You're such a contrarian.

My initial comment was directed entirely at you. And the four dozen other people making wild speculation. I can't be right or wrong because I refuse to guess. Seeing the slutty new Dahlia cured me of that.
GrievousGarland

Post by GrievousGarland »

alone in the town wrote:
GrievousGarland wrote:and you have no right to be condescending, I'm more than just a bundle of insecurities. Can't wait to see your face when they reveal the name of the girl I suspect is Lisa. -_-
I'll send you a photo. And a sense of humor. You're such a contrarian.

My initial comment was directed entirely at you. And the four dozen other people making wild speculation. I can't be right or wrong because I refuse to guess. Seeing the slutty new Dahlia cured me of that.
lol, I know. Forgive me. I tend to go off on people randomly AITT, forgive me. I just hate arrogance, even in humorous ways.
Aavri
Just Passing Through

Post by Aavri »

Didn't they already say Dr. K was not Kaufmann? His name was Keser or something like that.

I mean yes he was having sex with some one(thought Lisa and Kaufmann was Docter and nurse not Docter and patent) but that is all the connection there is.

Thought they left the school out.... which... might lead me to the woman in the red dress. In the pic with the woman on the cell phone, we see a degree on the wall. The degree was out to South something University(ok I don't remember the full name of the school). The name that it was signed too couldn't be made out. That, I think, would be enough reason to leave out the school if it could give a connection like that.
GrievousGarland

Aavri wrote:Didn't they already say Dr. K was not Kaufmann? His name was Keser or something like that.

I mean yes he was having sex with some one(thought Lisa and Kaufmann was Docter and nurse not Docter and patent) but that is all the connection there is.

Thought they left the school out.... which... might lead me to the woman in the red dress. In the pic with the woman on the cell phone, we see a degree on the wall. The degree was out to South something University(ok I don't remember the full name of the school). The name that it was signed too couldn't be made out. That, I think, would be enough reason to leave out the school if it could give a connection like that.
I'm not sure... he could be replacing Kauffman.

and Lisa and Kaufmann was doctor and nurse. Doctor and patient is not that different from it. Plus, given that Lisa wanted to be an actress... it seems fitting that Climax would give this role to her.

and given how that blank filled article goes...Dr. K is not a good man. Lisa has a history of getting involved with not so good men.

But like they said, I am just basing this on what I know from the first game.. and the game could throw a complete curve ball with it. I just like to speculate.
PyramidFace
Just Passing Through

Post by PyramidFace »

Aavri wrote:Didn't they already say Dr. K was not Kaufmann? His name was Keser or something like that.
It was some off-brand European site that claimed his name was Dr. Kasks.

If you look at the Nintendo Power article, he is first mentioned in the sentence: "Dr. K asks us"

Dr. K asks

Dr. Kasks.

So that's probably not his name
BlueMushroom
Just Passing Through

Post by BlueMushroom »

GrievousGarland wrote:
In the 80s there were rumors of an affair with his patient __________ (the actress and daughter of __________ ). The minor controversies only added to the doctor's rock and roll reputation amongst the rich set. In the background to this, Dr. K was developing a moderate __________. Privately he subjected __________ humiliating __________ experiments, __________ out on the 80s New York socialite scene and __________ recount her __________ afterwards. Dr. K often justified these elements of his life as being part of his need to explore the edges of mental experience in order to better understand the human mind
Now, call me a fan boy, but till the game comes out I'm going to assume that this actress is Lisa. My mind is set in stone now.

Considering that Dr. K is this game's Kaufmann, Lisa having an affair with him seems very fitting. However, the lines after it are very disconcerting. Experiments? Humiliating? What if Harry's whole plight is just a figment created by Dr. K's experiments?

and the last part mentions a "her", are they referring to the actress?

damn blanks! How you curse me so! T_T

EDIT: Just got an idea. What if Dr. K was doing these experiments on children, and Cheryl was one of them?
This "her" could be "alessa", but I think dr. k is just some "dr anyone who isn't even important" and all this info about him is just to get us more curious.
Burning Man

Post by Burning Man »

BlueMushroom wrote:This "her" could be "alessa",
Yeah, considering that Alessa was originally going to be named 'Asia' after Asia Argento.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.
GrievousGarland

BlueMushroom wrote:
GrievousGarland wrote:
In the 80s there were rumors of an affair with his patient __________ (the actress and daughter of __________ ). The minor controversies only added to the doctor's rock and roll reputation amongst the rich set. In the background to this, Dr. K was developing a moderate __________. Privately he subjected __________ humiliating __________ experiments, __________ out on the 80s New York socialite scene and __________ recount her __________ afterwards. Dr. K often justified these elements of his life as being part of his need to explore the edges of mental experience in order to better understand the human mind
Now, call me a fan boy, but till the game comes out I'm going to assume that this actress is Lisa. My mind is set in stone now.

Considering that Dr. K is this game's Kaufmann, Lisa having an affair with him seems very fitting. However, the lines after it are very disconcerting. Experiments? Humiliating? What if Harry's whole plight is just a figment created by Dr. K's experiments?

and the last part mentions a "her", are they referring to the actress?

damn blanks! How you curse me so! T_T

EDIT: Just got an idea. What if Dr. K was doing these experiments on children, and Cheryl was one of them?
This "her" could be "alessa", but I think dr. k is just some "dr anyone who isn't even important" and all this info about him is just to get us more curious.
I have to disagree. I think Dr. K may play an important role in Shattered Memories. The way he is introduced in the trailers intrigue me... shows him pouring himself a drink in a dark room and waiting for Harry. I think there is something to this man... and that backround given on him makes him all the more mysterious.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Alessa being an actress without powers and a mental problem and having an affair with her doctor?

That could be cool. Does that mean Lisa will be the crazy psychic who got frostbite?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]