What Console Are You Going To Get It For?

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Which Console Are You Going To Get SH:SM For?

Wii
43%
PS2
45%
PSP
9%
I'm not getting this game.
4%

Total votes: 265

simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Re: What Console Are You Going To Get It For?

Post by simeonalo »

People always say that when it's just as easy as pie. You'd think that if game reviewers would stop flailing their arms around like maniacs and do it in short bursts like how the game instructs then it would have gotten better reviews in the "control" section. Ugh.

Anyways, just quick, short, hard, bursts. (I know somebody is going to make a joke out of that, so before anybody does, stop.)
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

simeonalo wrote:People always say that when it's just as easy as pie. You'd think that if game reviewers would stop flailing their arms around like maniacs and do it in short bursts like how the game instructs then it would have gotten better reviews in the "control" section. Ugh.

Anyways, just quick, short, hard, bursts. (I know somebody is going to make a joke out of that, so before anybody does, stop.)

This. I think it could've been explained a little bit better, but once I asked here how to do it and was told that I shouldn't be flailing around, I had relatively little trouble with it.
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

It could of been explained better, but i didn't have trouble with it my first time.
QuestionSleepZz
Gravedigger

Post by QuestionSleepZz »

To be fair, yes it is better to calmly jerk your hand in quick hard bursts (stop.), but it still doesn't work sometimes. And when the average person (me included) sees that someting doesn't work, they tend to get fustrated and try doing what they're doing harder or faster. (stop.)
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

Yeah, the problem is that the controls are too sensitive. It doesn't always register, even if you do it the correct way. Once you practice, you can reliably do it, but I think that the reviewers were absolutely right to rip on the controls.

I also think that the motion controls should have been optional, because it's damned annoying that you have to "push" monsters off of you, and makes me not want to bother to play through the game again. I kind of wonder how the game plays on a PS2, but unfortunately I don't like the game enough to find out.
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Tillerman wrote:Yeah, the problem is that the controls are too sensitive. It doesn't always register, even if you do it the correct way. Once you practice, you can reliably do it, but I think that the reviewers were absolutely right to rip on the controls.

I also think that the motion controls should have been optional, because it's damned annoying that you have to "push" monsters off of you, and makes me not want to bother to play through the game again. I kind of wonder how the game plays on a PS2, but unfortunately I don't like the game enough to find out.
Left analogue stick moves forward and back, and strafes. Right analogue moves the camera. L1 for flares, R1 to run, R2 to focus the camera (Zoom), Cross it interact with the environment, Start brings up the game menu, and circle brings up the cellphone. To get the Raw Shacks off you, press the corresponding face key (Triangle, Circle, Square, or Cross) to push them off. The button flashes on the screen, but the button usually (almost 90% of the time) corresponds to the direction from which the Raw Shock jumped on you.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
QuestionSleepZz
Gravedigger

paladin181 wrote:
Tillerman wrote:Yeah, the problem is that the controls are too sensitive. It doesn't always register, even if you do it the correct way. Once you practice, you can reliably do it, but I think that the reviewers were absolutely right to rip on the controls.

Left analogue stick moves forward and back, and strafes. Right analogue moves the camera. L1 for flares, R1 to run, R2 to focus the camera (Zoom), Cross it interact with the environment, Start brings up the game menu, and circle brings up the cellphone. To get the Raw Shacks off you, press the corresponding face key (Triangle, Circle, Square, or Cross) to push them off. The button flashes on the screen, but the button usually (almost 90% of the time) corresponds to the direction from which the Raw Shock jumped on you.

Wow that sounds so much easier! I know what i'm saving up for next.
Thanks for posting that paladin. :)
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

paladin181 wrote:Left analogue stick moves forward and back, and strafes. Right analogue moves the camera. L1 for flares, R1 to run, R2 to focus the camera (Zoom), Cross it interact with the environment, Start brings up the game menu, and circle brings up the cellphone. To get the Raw Shacks off you, press the corresponding face key (Triangle, Circle, Square, or Cross) to push them off. The button flashes on the screen, but the button usually (almost 90% of the time) corresponds to the direction from which the Raw Shock jumped on you.
Interesting. I'm curious about something... what do you mean "90% of the time"? Does that mean that 10% of the time the game flashes the wrong button?
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

It means 10% of the time, the button that flashes doesn't exactly correspond with the direction the Raw Shock came from. You still have to press the button that flashes, but it might not be the one you thought it would be based on direction. Doesn't happen that often.
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

Well, since I'm not in dire need of a Wii I'll probably be getting it for PS2 at some point since people seem to feel it's not much of a downgrade and the motion controls are kinda annoying anyways.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
Her_Topaz_Eyes
Just Passing Through

Post by Her_Topaz_Eyes »

I got it for PS2, it was at the Gamestop and I just HAD to have it! I loved it. I kind of want to play it on the Wii, the whole shake off thing seems like it could really pull you into it.
It can't possibly be true..a dead person can't write a letter...it's illegal.
purplepolecat
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by purplepolecat »

What we need now is a PS3 port with Move support.
I miss your kissin' and I miss your head
And a letter in your writing doesn't mean you're not dead
- Pixies, "Cactus"
QuestionSleepZz
Gravedigger

If they ported it to the 360, I might actually have some ambition to buy a Kinect.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

I might get it for Wii, that'll be on my x-mas wish list
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
everfield
Just Passing Through

Post by everfield »

I really want it for the Wii. I have the PSP version and its OK, but the terrible PSP thumbstick just makes it pretty annoying. The second i get a Wii I'm getting this game
Not very pretty, is it.
dragonflydusk
Just Passing Through

Post by dragonflydusk »

As I don't have a Wii and have no intention thus far of buying one, I was going for the one with the bigger screen. I'm considering getting it for the PSP also, though.
Miette
Just Passing Through

Post by Miette »

It would have been cool for the Wii, but my boyfriend's mom took her Wii with her. So I had to get it for PS2. It's still pretty fun, regardless of platforms :p
If the children don't grow up, our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up.