What Console Are You Going To Get It For?

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Which Console Are You Going To Get SH:SM For?

Wii
43%
PS2
45%
PSP
9%
I'm not getting this game.
4%

Total votes: 265

freako104
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by freako104 »

If I used either the remote or nunchuck I didn't always have it register so I kept dying in the first nightmare.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

Post by Aric - The Reaper »

Wii looks like fun but from others i heard from, it takes a while to get use to the controls.
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
QuestionSleepZz
Gravedigger

Post by QuestionSleepZz »

DarkMatter wrote:
freako104 wrote:PS2. I did get it for the Wii but found it lacking in the controls. Hope PS2 will be better.
What problem did you have with the controls? They were perfect. If you're referring to being grabbed by the Raw Shocks the trick is to not flail around: move the Wii remote as if you're shoving someone off of you.

^ In addition to that I found that holding the Wiimote pointing straight up helped a bunch too :)
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

nice pointers, might get the Wii oneday, but as for now i'm sticking with the PS2
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
Sepultcher
Just Passing Through

Post by Sepultcher »

Considering I have already purchased it for the Wii, I may get it for my PSP.

I like to get portable Silent Hill games as they always quell my boredom.
:oops:
"This is one of those rare fact-based type details in SH that really can't- and shouldn't- be turned into a metaphor for a dead wife"
-Lain of the wired
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

Silent Hill is the best game to relax with and have fun with, i just got my game last week, it was fun
aj4x94
Historical Society Historian

Post by aj4x94 »

Call me crazy, but I want to get every version of the game eventually. I'll get the PS2 version first, since I currently don't have a Wii.
You can take my heart
And hold it together as we fall apart
Maybe together we can make a mark in the stars we embark
And keep us together as the lights go dark
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

I'm trying to get the whole set myself, but so far have all PS2 versions, getting a Wii is next on my list and the Wii version of the game
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

I got the Wii version in the end, borrowed my Mum's Nintendo... It's pretty good, great story, and very good graphics for a Wii game (that all-too-common phrase "for a Wii game"), but I do wish I had a PSP or PS2 (or that my PS3 was backwards compatible) because getting Harry to throw the monsters off can be ridiculously unresponsive when he's getting tired out and the pointer controls make him turn unfairly slow as well, especially when the remote goes off of the side of the screen. It's not easy to focus your attention on something either as the camera keeps moving and you have to keep fighting back against it.

I do wish they had done this for the PS3, I mean it'd look so much better and I don't think the controls have added all that much to the experience, except for the speaker in the remote which is awesome.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Mace63
Just Passing Through

Post by Mace63 »

PS2. Because that's the only console where I can play it on.
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

I'm kinda wondering if you had the entire set, how much it would be worth.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

I lied. PS2.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

forgot to mention

I have almost all the PS2 versions (Restless Dreams is evading me), i also have SH5 for 360, need PS3 version
Travis
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Travis »

Why some people want to have all console versions of the same game I'll never know... :?
Sega is paying close attention. Every vote, every facebook like counts. Keep spreading the word!!
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Collectors I guess.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

I know Vixx has several versions of Shattered Memories. I'll check up on that, there's a thread on it here in this forum.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

Silent Hill Cultists and Silent Hill Survivors want to have all the games and differnt systems so they would have it all, Collectors. But it also shows how much of a die hard fan you are of it, I know a rare few people that have all the music CDs, and finding them are harder than the games to get.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Looks like I may be getting it on the PSP sometime - after getting a DS Lite for christmas, Nintendo just announced they're doing ANOTHER new DS, this time one whose games won't be playable on the previous models, so essentially next year DS games stop getting made, so I'm pretty mad about that, and I'm tempted to trade it in and grab a PSP instead and finally have Shattered Memories on a console I actually own.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

^ It's called the DSi XL. A bigger and more pointless version of the DSi. They're using that old trick (make newer games not compatible) to lure in more buyers. Get a PSP instead.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

simeonalo wrote:^ It's called the DSi XL. A bigger and more pointless version of the DSi. They're using that old trick (make newer games not compatible) to lure in more buyers. Get a PSP instead.
Nonononono. I think he means the new 3DS, the 3D-capable version.