New interview?

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

GrievousGarland

New interview?

Post by GrievousGarland »

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/24/inter ... mm-hulett/
-It's from a few days ago... and I haven't seen it before. Just lock it if it's old news.

I've got this aching sensation that Dahlia might be a robot after reading this. >.>
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Dahlia's totally going to be a robot. And holy shit they really are reading our forum. Put on your timfoil hat and start speculating that Tomm is Tom/MMY.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
GrievousGarland

Post by GrievousGarland »

AuraTwilight wrote:Dahlia's totally going to be a robot. And holy shit they really are reading our forum. Put on your timfoil hat and start speculating that Tomm is Tom/MMY.
Tomm is nothing like MMY. -_-

but I personally want another mention at the end of the game, like you guys got with Origins. They shouldn't eavesdrop on us without giving any credit. :P
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

Creepier than the Pet Shop Boys?

I'm afraid so. [laughs] That kind of illustrates, musically, what we've done with the game.
I TOLD you guys that Akira TOTALLY ripped off Pet Shop Boys!

(still kidding)
nobody is anybody
Silent_Hill_Tourist
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Silent_Hill_Tourist »

OMG Dahlia is a Terminator that has been sent back in time to kill Harry Mason.
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/Juridawn/Graphics/justatouristoptimized.jpg[/img]
Number 7
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Number 7 »

Did he really just say fans wouldn't play a remake?
I understand where he's coming from, but I would be all over that.
"He's underground now. His new name is Number Seven."
Silent_Hill_Tourist
My Bestsellers Clerk

I dunno, a straight remake would be cool, but there's a kind of charm in the old PS1 graphics.

Sigh

*really wishes she hadn't sold her copy of Silent Hill 1*
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/Juridawn/Graphics/justatouristoptimized.jpg[/img]
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

You've noted a difference between "unreasonable" Silent Hill fans and reasonable Silent Hill fans. If you had to pitch this game to the unreasonable fans, how would you do it?

I would say ... leave your expectations by the door. Watch the trailer which we've put out, watch the gameplay impressions. Try not to think of this as the Silent Hill games you've already played. We weren't trying to fit into that box. Climax worked on Silent Hill: Origins, that was them saying, "Here's what Silent Hill's always been. We can do this too. Here's your red, rusty otherworld, here's your set locations where they're kind of like dungeons, you go in there and don't come out until they're done." This is a new thing. We looked at what Silent Hill was, the goal of the original developers and we looked at it as fans, and said, "How would we make this plot interesting and new again?" And that's the game we've created. Try to put some jadedness aside just for a couple months until the game comes out and give it a fair shot.
Heh. Stick that up yo'asses, UNREASONABLE FANS!

Another golden interview. And I've realised that I haven't been this excited over a prospective new title since SH3. Woohoo!
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
neonblack
Hope House Careworker

Post by neonblack »

Thanks for sharing. This game is progressively seeming more awesome.
"Blessed is the lion which becomes man when consumed by man; and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes, and the lion becomes man."
[size=84]The Gospel of Thomas, logion 7.[/size]
OverlordMikey
Just Passing Through

Post by OverlordMikey »

Vixx wrote:
You've noted a difference between "unreasonable" Silent Hill fans and reasonable Silent Hill fans. If you had to pitch this game to the unreasonable fans, how would you do it?

I would say ... leave your expectations by the door. Watch the trailer which we've put out, watch the gameplay impressions. Try not to think of this as the Silent Hill games you've already played. We weren't trying to fit into that box. Climax worked on Silent Hill: Origins, that was them saying, "Here's what Silent Hill's always been. We can do this too. Here's your red, rusty otherworld, here's your set locations where they're kind of like dungeons, you go in there and don't come out until they're done." This is a new thing. We looked at what Silent Hill was, the goal of the original developers and we looked at it as fans, and said, "How would we make this plot interesting and new again?" And that's the game we've created. Try to put some jadedness aside just for a couple months until the game comes out and give it a fair shot.
Heh. Stick that up yo'asses, UNREASONABLE FANS!

Another golden interview. And I've realised that I haven't been this excited over a prospective new title since SH3. Woohoo!
Yeah! I can't stand those Unreasonable fans, they make the more realistic reasonable fans who give things a try, don't judge, and look forward to unique twists look bad (since it's always the Unreasonable fans who are the loudest of the fans). I personally can't wait for this game!
Restoration01
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Restoration01 »

Hot people live longer in Silent Hill.

[laughs] What?
Haha, Tomm made a "lol, wut?" expression. :lol:

anyway, I'm really looking forward to playing this.
Do your best, Climax!
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

"We could put Pyramid Head in every cutscene! " --made me laugh for some reason.

With every interview I read, the game is sounding better and better. I am more than psyched now. Also with that, my curiosity about why the heck they made Dahlia so young is even more piqued. There's gotta be something behind that beyond just "oh let's make her not old and creepy". The resemblance to Heather is too striking for that to be the case... either way. Very happy to have read another great interview. And I would lol if she is a robot. >_>
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
Silent_Hill_Tourist
My Bestsellers Clerk

Maybe that IS Heather and Harry went forward in time.

Yeah, I'm hooked on this time travel idea for absolutely no reason.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

Robot-Dahlia? Silent Hill series jumped the shark?

We are being watched. . .
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Hannah
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hannah »

If you look at most survival-horror games nowadays, a creature jumps out and you go, "Ah! Crap! A creature!" and you're scared for a second and then you pull out your shotgun and you kill the creature. Now you're not in danger anymore. They really are focusing on action and making you empowered and making you feel like this big, strong man, but with the way that we wanted to scare you and keep you scared throughout the game and really go back to the concept of the original Silent Hill is, you're Harry Mason, you're a regular guy, you don't have super powers, you've never shot a gun before. And why would there be guns lying around?
You see this answer?

I like this answer.
¿Qué carajo estás haciendo aquí? ¡Lárgate, cabrón!

Y'know what I don't hate?
Phantom Allure

Post by Phantom Allure »

Hannah wrote:
If you look at most survival-horror games nowadays, a creature jumps out and you go, "Ah! Crap! A creature!" and you're scared for a second and then you pull out your shotgun and you kill the creature. Now you're not in danger anymore. They really are focusing on action and making you empowered and making you feel like this big, strong man, but with the way that we wanted to scare you and keep you scared throughout the game and really go back to the concept of the original Silent Hill is, you're Harry Mason, you're a regular guy, you don't have super powers, you've never shot a gun before. And why would there be guns lying around?
You see this answer?

I like this answer.
It slipped his mind to ask as well why glaciers and ice floes form randomly :?
[url=http://www.marvindmartian.deviantart.com]Deviantart account[/url]
[url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=8271]My SH fanfic novel[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6642]Monster design set 1[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6974]Monster design set 2[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7970]Monster design set 3[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7213]Bosses design[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6446&start=30]Commission design[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7463]Manga sample pages[/url]
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

The same reason rust and blood gush all over the place in the other games. The icy Otherworld question got us a cryptic answer, but part of it is that the rust, fire, and blood gives too much feeling of there being "life" around.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SAQOA
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by SAQOA »

Why is Daliha so young? What is she like 20-ish there? That makes her 7-9-ish when she gavebirth to Alessa?

Please MMY, when this game comes out dont replace it over SH1's timeline. Or at least make it seperate.
Time is a skill, thats why you have to make the best moments last. Allow me to start by kicking you in the throat while masterbating to the sound of your own extinction.
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

SAQOA wrote:Why is Daliha so young? What is she like 20-ish there? That makes her 7-9-ish when she gavebirth to Alessa?

Please MMY, when this game comes out dont replace it over SH1's timeline. Or at least make it seperate.
I don't think she's 20ish. Maybe early thirties. And if she is 20ish, well, maybe there's a whole new radical thing about Dahlia behind her new appearance/age, neh? Maybe it's an altered timeline, or an altered any/everything.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
MEGADETH
Just Passing Through

Post by MEGADETH »

SAQOA wrote:Why is Daliha so young? What is she like 20-ish there? That makes her 7-9-ish when she gavebirth to Alessa?

We might find the answer once the game come out