Comicon gameplay

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

neonblack
Hope House Careworker

Post by neonblack »

Thanks. I cannot get over how amazing this game looks. Look at Harry's animations as he's just walking around, the way his head moves and his facial expressions. Incredible.
"Blessed is the lion which becomes man when consumed by man; and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes, and the lion becomes man."
[size=84]The Gospel of Thomas, logion 7.[/size]
silenced angel
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by silenced angel »

Looking really good, I don't like the huge icons in the screen, but the graphics look good, also the chase sequence was better than I thought they'll be. And it kinda looks like a Silent Hill.
nanook in heaven...
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

I'm confused now - Whitney's at SDCC and said she didn't see a demo or any gameplay!

The gameplay controls look a little funky; hope they don't take too long to adjust to. The last thing I want when I'm in a chase sequence is to arsing about with the Wiimote. Other than that? It's looking great. The nightmare world transformation is incredible in RT, and I love how the car alarms go off in the nightmare sequence - adds a bizarre touch of realism, you know?

Icons/tips are big - but hopefully there won't be too many. Don't forget, this is the beginning of the game, and should disappear as the player learns how the game works and the game progresses. And bloody hell - those creatures can move fast. Looks like it doesn't take much to be overcome.

We also now see how the health status screen works. :)
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

I just noticed something really cool. When the Otherside takes over, the snow stops falling. Like, it's still there, it's just floating in the air though.

Also, what's the creepy stuff they do when Harry dies? They just bend down and touch him. xD

Sooo excited for this game.
I once was lost, but am now profound.
Hannah
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hannah »

The creatures act weird when Harry dies. In fact, their entire manner of attack is something that should be looked at. They're all 'LOL HUGS' at first and then when he dies (or faints), they kind of just huddle around him. Almost caring.

The tip things should disappear as the game progresses. If it doesn't I'll probably be a little peeved.

Also, the key is in Jane's jacket. :0
¿Qué carajo estás haciendo aquí? ¡Lárgate, cabrón!

Y'know what I don't hate?
_Drake_
Hope House Careworker

Post by _Drake_ »

That's really cool, as the others have said
It has amazing graphics and the real time other world change was awesome with its little quirks (Like the car alarm)

I just hope those buttons are temp, because I don't want to see them all over the game.

~Drake

"Oh it get's to me alright" - Vincent
My Silent Hill Fanfic, Silent Hill: Spiritual Dissonance
Terminus
Gravedigger

Post by Terminus »

I never noticed that thing with the snow. That is a very eerie effect. It's as though it's not just the world that's frozen over, but time as well.

As for on-screen button prompts/Wiimote-gesture indicators, they are pretty much an industry standard now. It's a bit difficult to get away from them. Not even horror games are free of them. Fatal Frame 4 had a huge Wiimote pop up on screen and shake in your face whenever a ghost grabbed you, and a giant 'A' button to tell you how to open doors and interact with objects. Siren: Blood Curse had them, Dead Space had them(although Dead Space did a decent job of hiding them), and of course the latest two Resident Evils featured them very prominently. Silent Hill: Origins and Homecoming featured them too. They're irritating and often mood spoiling, but I doubt that they will be leaving us anytime soon.

I do feel that the little yellow arrows pointing out puzzles and places to hide are a bit much though.
LuLu
Gravedigger

Post by LuLu »

Vixx wrote:The gameplay controls look a little funky; hope they don't take too long to adjust to. The last thing I want when I'm in a chase sequence is to arsing about with the Wiimote. Other than that? It's looking great. The nightmare world transformation is incredible in RT, and I love how the car alarms go off in the nightmare sequence - adds a bizarre touch of realism, you know?
I played one of the demos at E3 and while the Wii controls were indeed a bit wonky at first I don't think it'll take much to get used to them. :) I was slowly getting used to it throughout the demo and <i>almost</i> mastered it right before the demo ended. lol Also, the game will be coming out for PS2 as well if you're not interested in the Wii controls. :D
crucifix
Historical Society Historian

Post by crucifix »

christ, those monsters. i love how you can see their shadow in the flashlight as harry hauls ass. looks pretty tense, to say the least.

i know what i'm blowing my money on in upcoming months.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
reap28
Just Passing Through

Post by reap28 »

wait i get it they are making another clock-tower game with a silent hill theme looks fun
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

The game looks great... I don't know why but I especially liked when Harry walked talking by his cell phone (Is somebody with you?)... Man, I really hope that this game have the spanish language as an option (Spanish subtitles or Spanish voices like we had in Metal Gear Solid)... The ice textures look great abd the siren car effect was cool... I need to find a place for rent a Wii when this game came out...
Kairu
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Kairu »

I'm in love with this games lighting effects, it puts Homecoming's to shame. The physics are really bad though, look at the cans when the player drops them.
lumpo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by lumpo »

Man they need to find a demo player who actually knows how to play the game well... It doesn't look that hard to run and do wii mote gestures.

Other than that looks great. I'm still trying to find the scene where he goes into the bar instead of the diner.
Aavri
Just Passing Through

Post by Aavri »

I know what you mean Lumpo. I think the diner or the bar is really a choice in a split path and not a profile thing more videos I watch.

Also the Diner sticks out more :D I mean, as soon as you go out through that door from the playground, you see the diner. You don't even see the bar till you get around the corner and turn(when most people would just keep going strait and not see it).
Seal of Megatron
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Seal of Megatron »

Did the new ritual involve Dhalia sticking Alessa in the fridge?
Who's the man? Me!!
ecks
Just Passing Through

Post by ecks »

Lol

from the rusty and Bloody to Blue snow.
Whitney
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Whitney »

Dude where was this????????? When I went to the Konami booth (very small booth) they told me they didn't bring any game demos to Comic Con this year...only to E3. The only thing they had set up were tables for their card game tournament.

*edit*
Maybe they had something for the press? Ugh if I missed playing the demo due to being misinformed by Konami employees I will be very sad :cry: I went back to that booth several times getting stuff for people and never saw it!!!
My Websites!
Image Image Image
dr_worm
Just Passing Through

Post by dr_worm »

no seriously where was it i was there all 5 days and i searched that place high and low the only game i saw that was worth playing was tmnt turtles in time remix but thats besides the point. i never saw anything at all period about sh sm weak that i fuckin missed it :x
Hannah
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hannah »

@lumpo - Demo players, as a rule, are terrible at the game they're demoing. I can't watch a L4D2 video without my eye twitching.

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/20 ... on-09.aspx

This is the only other mention of SM being at Comic-con. So it was, in fact, there. Somewhere.

Maybe you guys just suck at I-spy. :x
¿Qué carajo estás haciendo aquí? ¡Lárgate, cabrón!

Y'know what I don't hate?