Okay about the alternate bar scene.

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Will you choose Cybil or this new character?

Cybil for nostalgia purposes.
54%
New character for a new experiences!
46%

Total votes: 13

lumpo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Okay about the alternate bar scene.

Post by lumpo »

Anyone have the video of it. I've seen it somewhere.

Anyway it seems to give you a choice between Cybil and this new character. On your first playthrough, which one are you going to choose? Maybe they let you do both... So please don't flame me if I'm wrong.
PyramidFace
Just Passing Through

Post by PyramidFace »

Stuff I've read seems to say that this is decided for you by the psyche profile.
zombiejesus
Just Passing Through

Post by zombiejesus »

i believe they are supposed to both be cybil, but her apperiences and personality varies depending on you action in game, and your psyche profile. i also remember tom saying you could pick all the 'sensual' questions on your psyche profile, yet still get the bitch cybil. just shows well the 'game that watches you' system they implamented works!
Hannah
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hannah »

The possibility of changing between the Cybil triplets is something that should be considered. If the game doesn't lock in your choices, you could attempt to change your behavior drastically between cutscenes.

Though, lumpo, the questions of this thread have been discussed in other threads. It's confirmed that you can't 'choose' which Cybil you get, as the game profiles you.
¿Qué carajo estás haciendo aquí? ¡Lárgate, cabrón!

Y'know what I don't hate?
Aavri
Just Passing Through

Post by Aavri »

Hannah wrote:The possibility of changing between the Cybil triplets is something that should be considered. If the game doesn't lock in your choices, you could attempt to change your behavior drastically between cutscenes.

Though, lumpo, the questions of this thread have been discussed in other threads. It's confirmed that you can't 'choose' which Cybil you get, as the game profiles you.
You're wrong on one point, that is not what Lumpo is asking about the Cybil.

The Cybil triplets are all cops, even thought one is a bitch, one is sexy, and one is normal. In the one video we have of the bar area, the person harry talks to is the owner of the bar, about in her 40s-50s.

Also it seems the Bar or the Diner is a choice and not something that is based on your Profile just like at the start of the game, you can choose between going into a video store or a clothing store.

The Problem with the Bar and diner is this: The street with the bar and diner is an "L" shape. The bottem start of the "L" street is were the playground is and the place were you enter the area. The Diner is in plane view when the bar is hidden behind the corner. Thus most playthoughs I seen, people beeline to the diner and not turn to look around. It also doesn't help that the diner stands out so much compared to the bar.

I mean, if it is based on your psyc profile, then why out of the 6(about) playthoughs of the demo we seen, we only seen one bar person? I mean, we see about an equal number of Repair/Clothes area.

Well, back to the point. YOu can't "choose" which Cybil you get, but you can choose to go to the Diner were you will see Cybil, or go to a bar and see the new character. Lumpo is asking, which one would you go to?
Last edited by Aavri on 30 Jul 2009, edited 1 time in total.
Hannah
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hannah »

Oh! I apologize, that was my mistake. I'm afraid I have yet to see any evidence of this bar person, so I take what you say with a grain of salt and a bit of ignorance. I've seen a screenshot of the bar, though. I thought that was just a redesign of the diner.

If the bar person has yet to change, it's likely because none of the players have tripped what makes him/her change. Perhaps being in the bar itself is a game changing decision (your kid is missing, you've just walked away from the scene of a crash, you trespassed on private property - let's go drinking).

If it comes down to it, I'll beeline for the bar the first chance I get. Just to screw the game up (I will be picking a certain option on the questionaire that would make going to a bar seem weird), and because I don't really care for Cybil when I can bother a new character. I also happen to adore bar owner characters (it's strange).
¿Qué carajo estás haciendo aquí? ¡Lárgate, cabrón!

Y'know what I don't hate?
Aavri
Just Passing Through

Post by Aavri »

Hannah wrote:Oh! I apologize, that was my mistake. I'm afraid I have yet to see any evidence of this bar person, so I take what you say with a grain of salt and a bit of ignorance. I've seen a screenshot of the bar, though. I thought that was just a redesign of the diner.

If the bar person has yet to change, it's likely because none of the players have tripped what makes him/her change. Perhaps being in the bar itself is a game changing decision (your kid is missing, you've just walked away from the scene of a crash, you trespassed on private property - let's go drinking).

If it comes down to it, I'll beeline for the bar the first chance I get. Just to screw the game up (I will be picking a certain option on the questionaire that would make going to a bar seem weird), and because I don't really care for Cybil when I can bother a new character. I also happen to adore bar owner characters (it's strange).
It's ok. Like I said, I only seen ONE video of the bar. The rest have been of the diner. It sucks trying to find it again.

So we don't know how the bartender would change. It was an E3 show floor video too so we couldn't really hear what harry and the Bar owner was saying.
lumpo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by lumpo »

Yes that's what I am saying, I am NOT talking about all 3 Cybil's I'm talking about the lady at the bar, they are near by each other. If you go to the bar, you might not see Cybil for the rest of the game and see the bartender instead.

Just to make it clear in short form.