Logo Change

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Aavri
Just Passing Through

Post by Aavri »

It can't be silent hill Wii since it would be very...very wierd to find a game called silent hill wii for the PS2 or PSP.

Also, shattered memories might have more meaning then what we think.
rm2kking
Historical Society Historian

Post by rm2kking »

Silent Hill Wii would jsut be a ridiculous title, and a mistake, imo. I just think that sounds goofy.
Shattered memories has much meaning, from what I can already tell. It shatters our memories of the first game, figuratively speaking, because we have to deal with things we are not expecting while playing through a familiar story. And it shatters Harry's memories:
"What are you people doing in my house?!"
See? His memories seem pretty shattered.
I dreamed I lay in a dark valley and all around me were the titanic forms of archangels. I heard distant voices and I knew these supernatural warriors were chanting a litany...
"We are the Warriors at the End of Time. We are the lost, the last, the unkind. We are the Warriors on the Edge of Time and we're tired, we're tired... We're tired of making love..."
Chris Sunderland

Post by Chris Sunderland »

rm2kking wrote:Silent Hill Wii would jsut be a ridiculous title, and a mistake, imo. I just think that sounds goofy.
Shattered memories has much meaning, from what I can already tell. It shatters our memories of the first game, figuratively speaking, because we have to deal with things we are not expecting while playing through a familiar story. And it shatters Harry's memories:
"What are you people doing in my house?!"
See? His memories seem pretty shattered.
Couldn't of put it better myself, plus I rather like the sub title.
[img]http://i35.tinypic.com/2iqehhj.jpg[/img]
Naughty Nurses
Gravedigger

Post by Naughty Nurses »

Hmmm, I think I hated the first one, this one's not too bad, I guess. Now I'm thinking, and without having them in front of me, I don't even remember what the logo's for the other game's even look like, and I can't say that I really give a flying bowl of noodle's what any of them look like. I can't say it makes a difference to me, I mean, they could write it with a sharpie and it wouldn't put me off even a little.

I'm probably the only one on this forum who feels this, huh? Oh well.

It's shiny though, I like shiny.
Broken
Just Passing Through

Post by Broken »

Personally I think the new logo is much better, the original was just had a "look at me I'm icy" look to it, the new one however seems to twist and distort in a rather creepy way.
Weyoun
Just Passing Through

Post by Weyoun »

Hannah wrote:'Shattered Memories' is cliche but there's not much they can do with that. It can't be given a number. We can't call it 'Silent Hill: Revamped' and fans would get really fidgety if they just called it 'Silent Hill'.

Or 'Silent Hill Wii'.

Or 'Silent Hill: Harry's Drunk Again'.

...A 'rename the game' thread would be fun.
SilentOne wrote: Or Silent Hill: The Cheryl Is a Lie
SILENT CHILL (sorry, couldn't resist)

Anyhoo, back on topic, I think both logos are stupid-looking, but I'm not going to let that bother me. As long as this game delivers.
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

Weyoun wrote:SILENT CHILL (sorry, couldn't resist)
:lol: That's a good one.
Enika
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Enika »

Ooh! The old one was cool, but I prefer the new one. Like others have said, it does seem much more refined. Also, the new one seems somehow more eerie to me, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
BurningWitch
Just Passing Through

Post by BurningWitch »

Not really a fan of either of them, but it's just a logo.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

The old logos were cool cause they just used normal fonts in weird ways (I don't know if the fonts are related with the game in anyway)... But the concept of use the game's main theme in the logo is a bit childish for me...

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

The fonts are generally serious and neutral (Except for the shitty cartoony logo of SHH, the Silent Hill V logo was a lot better)... The icy font don't look good for Silent Hill, maybe if they use white or gray instead blue it will look better...
Wilson
Just Passing Through

Post by Wilson »

KageReneko wrote:The old logos were cool cause they just used normal fonts in weird ways .
This.

Whoever is in charge of designing the SM logo doesn't seem to understand the concept of 'less is more' which is the case with pretty much everything. Except money. And sex.
lumpo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by lumpo »

I personally wish it was in Comic sans font XD.
Jo
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Jo »

I prefer the new one, it looks much better than the previous in my opinion. The ice hanging off the word 'Silent Hill' was a tad over the top.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

The new one is... better... than the old one, but they are both no where near what I would consider taking seriously. Then again, I still don't like the font for SHH.
Weyoun
Just Passing Through

Post by Weyoun »

It could be worse, just picture Shattered Memories' title like this:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Honestly, the Silent Hill logos never really wowed me... though I wasn't particularly fond of Homecoming's, not that it detracted from my enjoyment of the game.

That said, I do like the new one more than the old one, but I do agree that something simpler would've done the game better justice. But, then, when it comes to things like this, "simplicity," will always be my answer.

Hell, they could've typed it out in Times New Roman and I would've been satisfied.
11x20
Hope House Careworker

Post by 11x20 »

Ugh, Origins and Homecoming had such ugly logos... I was trying to forget those, Kage! WTH... :lol: No, but in all honesty, some logos actually can pull of a very common font and still look amazing. Look at Final Fantasy's logo-- it's not TNR, but it is a rather plain serif font that looks great on it's own, even without all that trippy Yoshitaka Amano art.
[url=http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=420479#420479/][img]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn229/404errord/waltersig1.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5020211/1/Afterlife][ e x a m i n e ? ][/url] [url=http://11x20.deviantart.com/][dA][/url] [url=http://11x20.deviantart.com/gallery/#A-F-T-E-R-L-I-F-E][project page][/url]
Shannen the Manic
Just Passing Through

Post by Shannen the Manic »

The original was so cheesy. The new logo is definitely better!
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

Logo's much better, thanks for the heads up. Subtitle still looks shite though.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
SGTCOOL
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SGTCOOL »

I like the new logo better. And would just like to say the European box art for homecoming is 100% better than the American box art. It was fucking terrible.