Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 20 Sep 2018

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Feb 2008
Notes left: 168
Last seen at: Belgium
i like the new one

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Jun 2009
Notes left: 268
Last seen at: São Paulo - SP, Brazil
Okay, personally, I don't like neither of them.

Although the new one is artistically better than the first one, I'm not very fond of it at all. If I had to choose between on of them though, I'd preffer the old one better.

Heather smoked until the age of 17.
EDIT - INFLAMATORY - T.
Travis is virgin.
Alex's a uninteresting character.

The bushes in the original SMB are also the clouds.

articUNO, zapDOS, molTRES[/spoiler]

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 03 Jul 2009
Notes left: 51
Last seen at: Walking the concourse
I'd love to see the design brief for this logo. It'd surely be a laugh to read through.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 Jun 2009
Notes left: 344
Last seen at: Croatia
The new logo is soo much better, the old one sucks, this one is still lame, the shattered memories font i mean, all the SH logos had a great impact, and had great fonts, at least for me, even Origins, this one is not scary or troubling or anything, its like a ... i dont know, unfinished, sketch. i HOPE IT GETS BETTER.

its too unnoticeable to be spelling Silent Hill.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 03 Mar 2008
Notes left: 127
SasaYamaoka wrote:
I mean, all the SH logos had a great impact, and had great fonts

o rly? [/oldmeme]
The first Silent Hill game title was a thinned out Arial font, 2 through 4 were just Arial Bold, and even the movie was just Arial Bold with a blur effect on some parts. These are normal fonts with simple effects on them (except for the Silent Hill 2 title; that was just plain insane <3).
I don't know if it was in this thread or not. Or if it was even in this forum. I don't know; I haven't read this topic over clearly. But someone hit the nail on the head when they said that the original titles just normal fonts that come with your computer with dramatic effects that can be done on Photoshop.

Origins and Homecoming are the only ones that have "original fonts". In fact, the font they were originally using for Shattered Memories was the Origins font, but with icicles on it. I like the newer font that they're using, mainly because it's... simplistic.
It's not like the Homecoming title where they tried too hard. Homecoming was just... ugh. Thank God they're not using that one.

EDIT: I agree with you on the original titles having a great impact, but it was because they were simplistic, not over done.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 Nov 2006
Notes left: 552
Last seen at: Wish I knew
I must say that the new logo looks better and more original than the old one. It looks like it's made off ice and the fog surrounding it makes it more mysterious and gives it more character.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 May 2009
Notes left: 124
Last seen at: Silent Hill
The New Logo ;) Looks alot more professional, but then again you can't judge a game by it's logo :P

I love the Silent Hill Series. The Games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I Believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill 8 can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their Series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

Put this In Your Sig If you agree :)

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Aug 2003
Notes left: 314
Last seen at: Chatsworth CA
New logo makes "cold" theme a lot less abrasive. I like it!

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Jun 2009
Notes left: 121
Kerrigan wrote:
Not really digging the sticky caps.

"SiLENt HiLL"

Seriously?

yeah..... i was kinda disappointed by the small "t" in "SiLENt"..... the t is the only prob..... but overall looks great....... WHEN IS IT GONNA BE RELEASED?! I'VE BEEN WAITING TOO LONG FOR IT...... IM EXCITED ABOUT Lisa...... Lisa Garland, where are you?

EDIT: I think the game is gonna be great...... unless Lisa isnt on it..... that would be the real end of Silent Hill..... i always like girls like Lisa being the comforter in games like these..... except for Elle..... plain b*tch..... Elle lost the Silent Hill Girl touch..... not only because she lives in Sheperd's Glen.....

Anyway, did "Sheperd's Glen" even appear in the other SH Titles..... Since Silent Hill 1-4 had their connections with the stories......

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Feb 2007
Notes left: 228
Last seen at: Motel
I have to agree the old one looked less refined. The icicles made the logo too Christmassy and I halfway expected the story to replace Pyramid Head with Frosty, the Butcher.

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 Aug 2005
Notes left: 1515
Last seen at: Colombia
JiGoKuShOuJiN wrote:
i always like girls like Lisa

You like the drug addicted girls?

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Apr 2009
Notes left: 14
KageReneko wrote:
JiGoKuShOuJiN wrote:
i always like girls like Lisa

You like the drug addicted girls?

If you go by some theories, drug addicted dead girls.

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 Mar 2009
Notes left: 1081
Last seen at: North of The Wall
JiGoKuShOuJiN wrote:
Kerrigan wrote:
Not really digging the sticky caps.

"SiLENt HiLL"

Seriously?

yeah..... i was kinda disappointed by the small "t" in "SiLENt"..... the t is the only prob..... but overall looks great....... WHEN IS IT GONNA BE RELEASED?! I'VE BEEN WAITING TOO LONG FOR IT...... IM EXCITED ABOUT Lisa...... Lisa Garland, where are you?

EDIT: I think the game is gonna be great...... unless Lisa isnt on it..... that would be the real end of Silent Hill..... i always like girls like Lisa being the comforter in games like these..... except for Elle..... plain b*tch..... Elle lost the Silent Hill Girl touch..... not only because she lives in Sheperd's Glen.....

Anyway, did "Sheperd's Glen" even appear in the other SH Titles..... Since Silent Hill 1-4 had their connections with the stories......

What's..... with.... all..... the..... dots....?

And ride a pack of dogs

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 May 2009
Notes left: 94
Last seen at: Bay Area, California
I like the new one better, for sure. I agree that the older one looked a bit childish, also cliche. The new one looks more professional and does a better job of catching your eye.

At the same time, I have my gripes with it. It seems too bright and shiny; gives off a sort of "magical" feel, which is far from what it should do. I'd prefer it were more eerie, like the old ones.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Aug 2009
Last seen at: wouldn't you like to know!
the new logo looks good :D ,lets hope the game is good though. :?

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Dec 2006
Notes left: 202
Last seen at: In a random HOLE.
New logo, hands down. Old one looks like something I could have made in art class with crayons.

-"My Heart is the Worst Kind of Weapon" by Fall Out Boy

Thanks for the avatar, ST3wolf!

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 03 Jul 2009
Last seen at: Walking the concourse
TleilaxuEyes wrote:
New logo, hands down. Old one looks like something I could have made in art class with crayons.

Which would have still been better, playing on the twisted child theme that seems to weaved throughout the entire franchise.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Jul 2009
Notes left: 3535
i personally love both of them, but i think the newer one looks cuter :3

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 08 Mar 2006
Notes left: 138
Last seen at: Surrey, England
Yeah all the non-Japanese games have had terrible logos.

I think the reason is that they all look far too conscientiously designed.

The original games and the film logo are very simply fonts, but with eerie worn weathering effects added to them, giving them a kind of quiet dignity and eeriness. They look worn and faded, like the town in the games.

Origins onwards have looked designed and cartoony. I don't know if I prefer the new logo for Shattered Memories or not. It's definitely more interesting and pretty than the original, but looks like it's for some kind of fantasy role playing computer game.

(I know it IS for a kind of fantasy computer game, but that doesn't mean it should live up to the stereotypes!)

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 May 2006
Notes left: 175
Last seen at: At this point I really don't know
If I cared about logos more than the game, I think the new one looks like from some Christmas special. I prefer the old one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next