Irony

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

stopped_clock
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by stopped_clock »

kideatsu wrote:anal gamers
I have nothing to add.
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

as i've stated before, im not really excited about this game. however, any and everyone has the right to post how they feel about what's been presented thus far. whether it's in a positive or "bashing" of the game thread. the only thing i'd hope for is that people could at least give some constructive criticism, instead of just saying "this is the sucks!" or, "i hate climax, they lamer, i want team silent back!" That, and once you've said what you had to say, there's no point in being a broken record. it's annoying when people will go into every single thread to bash the game, regurgitating the same exact thing they posted in another topic.
Loud&Silent
Just Passing Through

Post by Loud&Silent »

Guys, Guys........we're getting WAAAAYYYYY off-topic here.

Sure, alot of the games in the series are different, but I see that as a reason as to why the Silent Hill series is so AWESOME; each game has its own feel, its own fans, yet they're all connected by dark themes, and twisted nature, that serves as the staple for the series.....
Have you seen a little girl? Short, black hair? About seven years old? A Bastard Child? May or may not be the Mother of God/Satan?.........Shes my Daughter.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

If you don't like what you're seeing, don't think it's up to par, aren't interested, etc. then just don't buy the game, simple as that. It's not like Konami is forcing anyone to buy their products.
l33tspaniard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by l33tspaniard »

Loud&Silent wrote:Guys, Guys........we're getting WAAAAYYYYY off-topic here.

Sure, alot of the games in the series are different, but I see that as a reason as to why the Silent Hill series is so AWESOME; each game has its own feel, its own fans, yet they're all connected by dark themes, and twisted nature, that serves as the staple for the series.....
the above page is pretty much what I was referring to. This is going to happen and has happened everytime something comes out. Oh sure, you can see reason and compromise NOW, but by the time SH6 is about to hit shelves you'll be just as cynical and confrontaional as everyone else.

ONE OF US. ONE OF US. ONE OF US.
VIVIsect
Historical Society Historian

Post by VIVIsect »

JRamirez35 wrote:If you don't like what you're seeing, don't think it's up to par, aren't interested, etc. then just don't buy the game, simple as that. It's not like Konami is forcing anyone to buy their products.
I'm not interested in buying what I'm seeing, so far. That doesn't mean that I don't have the right to voice my opinion. Being that no one here has played the game, I'm just as qualified to offer commentary as anyone else. The same people who are ragging on others who express displeasure about this game without having played it, are the same hypocritical nuwave fanboys who are praising it without having played it. Whatevs.
nobody is anybody
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Bitching about the game.

Bitching about bitching about the game.

We're currently up to bitching about bitching about bitching about the game.

I weep for the space-time continuum when this feeds back on itself.
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

Oh, quit yer space-time bitchin'.
nobody is anybody
DamienPales
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DamienPales »

I'm going to go ahead and complain about Silent Hills 7, 8, and 9 while I'm at it. Fuck you all for not being as good as Silent Hill 2!
stopped_clock

Post by stopped_clock »

DamienPales wrote:I'm going to go ahead and complain about Silent Hills 7, 8, and 9 while I'm at it. Fuck you all for not being the same as Silent Hill 2!
Fixed.
Too cold to start a fire
And ride a pack of dogs
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

And I'd love to see you two quote me comparing anything to Silent Hill 2. Oh, wait. You can't. Because I didn't.

It never fails (sorry, PAH-LEHS! ho ho) that when anyone even slightly criticizes a Silent Hill title, there will inevitably be one of two responses. Either A. You don't like it because it's not Silent Hill 2. Or B. You don't like it simply because "Team Silent" didn't make it. Please. Contrary to fanboy belief, it is possible to simply not like a game because... it's not very good.
nobody is anybody
stopped_clock

Post by stopped_clock »

Easy there angry pants. I don't recall addressing any statement at you. I was generalising the fan base with my comment. And you can't deny that, whether or not it is your own personal belief, a large proportion of the fanbase do compare everything to SH2.
Too cold to start a fire
And ride a pack of dogs
woofy

Post by woofy »

I have never heard such petty bullshit than I just have reading the last three pages of this thread. This game hasn't even been released yet and people are already bitching about it.
If you've already made up your mind that you don't like SH:SM and you feel you have nothing constructive to contribute to these discussions then maybe the Shattered memories section of the board isn't for you. I for one do not want the game ruined before it even has a chance.
Also, can I also just remind everyone that flaming is against forum rules and won't be tolerated.
So, Just to remind everyone of what the actual topic is:
>Whats your opinion? is it better to go into SM fresh? or still nostalgic of the Original.

This isn't a debate about which game is better, nor is a debate about how much SM will/will not suck.
Get back on topic.
kideatsu
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by kideatsu »

Exactly.

This is no way to show yourselves to a person who has recently found the love, beauty and art of Silent Hill! This thread should be filled with fuzzy feelings, etc, and talk about what the thread topic is about - so if you think it's about bitching about this or that or Silent Hill bitch bitch bitch bech bech bech, maybe you should read the first post and remind yourself, or even discover what this thread is suppooossssseedddd to be about.
SGTCOOL
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SGTCOOL »

I think the kitty cat in the locker at the school in the original should live, and help Harry on his journey as repayment for freeing him by hissing at monsters and climbing trees to bring Harry dead animals as a gift. After that they should do whatever they want with changing the game. The cat must LIVE!
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Ditto Woofy. Calm the fuck down or shut the fuck up. Period.
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

^ I believe thats exactly what happened...
nobody is anybody
Endri
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Endri »

VIVIsect wrote:Being that no one here has played the game,
Wrong statement.

Considering that many here have played the demo.

I, myself, had the pleasure and oportunity to play the Comic Con demo, so particulary all my opinions are based of what I've seem so far. I just wanted to state that.

...back on topic...

I can't really remember when I last properly played SH1 after 2003. After '03, I would just play it a little (just because it's fun), and stop, etc, and never play it ever again, until some time after. But always all over from the begining. But I expect to not play the original again before playing SH:SM, It kinda psycologically feels to me like a sort of spoiler in doing so, even though they are completly diferent games.
http://endri.webs.com
[spoiler]Harry's name isn't Harry. Harry is just a nickname. His name is Harrold.
James' actual occupation is clerk.
Heather smoked until the age of 17.
EDIT - INFLAMATORY - T.
Travis is virgin.
Alex's a uninteresting character.

The bushes in the original SMB are also the clouds.

artic[b]UNO[/b], zap[b]DOS[/b], mol[b]TRES[/b][/spoiler]
Whitney
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Whitney »

Endri wrote:
VIVIsect wrote:Being that no one here has played the game,
Wrong statement.

Considering that many here have played the demo.
Where was this demo? I couldn't find it and the chicks at the konami booth said they didn't bring any demos this year. :(
My Websites!
Image Image Image
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Regarding the topic question, I've been thinking about it, myself.

Not only have I played SH1 over and over again (having most recently played through half of it in one go), I've pretty much internalized it. When Shattered Memories comes out, I'll fully be in the "old fans whose reality will be disrupted" category, and there's really no way I can step back from that.

So, naturally, I'm curious about how I'd approach the game if I had never played a Silent Hill. Would it be the same incredible experience that SH1 was, when I first played it? What if I was the same age (16) as I was when I played SH1? There's a lot of "what if"s involved here, but that really doesn't change the fact that those experiences are completely beyond me, at this point. I can only play it as a long-running fan.

Then again, I'm very much anticipating how the new game will make throwbacks and references and may possibly complicate how I perceived the original, and I'm game for that. I feel as though I'd be missing out, if it were my first game, but I can't deny that it'd be a wholly different experience if it was.

See how you can go in circles, once you start? :P