Boxart

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Disfigurator
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Disfigurator »

And that wanted realism is a joke too, right? I mean - with Wii's control scheme they wanted to achieve some in-depth realism, but in the same time - they put all those targeting icons and explaining pictures onto screen. I mean - don't you allready see where you point your light? It's like watching how that wanted realism fucks itself in the ass.
I REALLY do hope that those cursors and targets won't be on PS2 version.

The same parody of realism applies to Cheryl's art, yes.
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Jesus. Some of you are so fucking hard to please. I suggest you take your cherished original SH1/2 and head off to the bathroom with some tissues.
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Alessandro
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Alessandro »

You people are so damn... picky.
unless it were SH2 you wouldn't shut the hell up >.>

Dead child = awesome to me :)
Disfigurator
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Disfigurator »

Why so?
No, I really did enjoy SH1 - from A to Z.
I enjoyed Sh2-4 as well - from cover to all endings (not achieved yet).
I even enjoyed some elements in Origins - like music, some innovation in combat sistem, theatre building and even that shitload of bugs was kind of cute.

So, no - all I want is quality and if they say "realism", there should be NONE of any fucking HUD on screen, imho.

Maybe we are picky - it's just that we know what is original and quality stuff. I am huge Horror films/books/games fan and I simply know that child on a swing is almost the best-known cliche in Horror films of 60s-90s. Take Stephen Kings works and films based uppon them and there you have fuckloads of creepy children on swing or without. It just - isn't scary anymore. So the scare factor for educated Horror film fan is gone. How about art values? Well - there ain't many. I only like the background which is done pretty much the way it should be done - dark, mysterious, abandoned and obscure. "Gives me the ch-ch-chills", probably.

But I have to agree that cover will work just fine on Wii-tards.
Phantom Allure
Historical Society Historian

Post by Phantom Allure »

Vixx wrote:Jesus. Some of you are so fucking hard to please. I suggest you take your cherished original SH1/2 and head off to the bathroom with some tissues.
I thought Climax likes to listen to us whine and bitch? And with good reason too... else, they'd be stuck with the purple monsters in Origins.
[url=http://www.marvindmartian.deviantart.com]Deviantart account[/url]
[url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=8271]My SH fanfic novel[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6642]Monster design set 1[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6974]Monster design set 2[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7970]Monster design set 3[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7213]Bosses design[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6446&start=30]Commission design[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7463]Manga sample pages[/url]
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Vixx wrote:Jesus. Some of you are so fucking hard to please. I suggest you take your cherished original SH1/2 and head off to the bathroom with some tissues.
As I stated, I don't like the artwork, but lol that was pretty good.
antianara
Just Passing Through

Post by antianara »

Hahaha XD

In all honestly, I don't much care about box art in general. I barely pay it any attention, actually. It's the game inside the box that I worry about.
Half the people in this room are mad at me, and the other half only like me because they think I pushed somebody in front a bus, so that's not good.
neonblack
Hope House Careworker

Post by neonblack »

Well, considering this thread is titled 'Boxart' and is dedicated solely to the criticism of said art, I would say complaining is fair game; especially for such a typical design.
"Blessed is the lion which becomes man when consumed by man; and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes, and the lion becomes man."
[size=84]The Gospel of Thomas, logion 7.[/size]
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

neonblack wrote:Well, considering this thread is titled 'Boxart' and is dedicated solely to the criticism of said art, I would say complaining is fair game; especially for such a typical design.
Discussion of the boxart - not criticism. Don't be so presumptuous as to assume that everyone's complaining about it. I'm not.
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Disfigurator
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Disfigurator »

Definition of criticism does not state, that criticism is made only because of complaining.
It's more like
a serious examination and judgment of something; "constructive criticism is always appreciated"
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Oh, bite me. Jesus Christ, you're pedantic. FFS.
V xx

Disfigurator
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Disfigurator »

Yes, maybe I am :D
I just wanted to point out - criticism are both glorification and rant.
neonblack
Hope House Careworker

Post by neonblack »

Thank you Disfigurator. By definition, we are criticizing the art:
Loud&Silent wrote:So, Like it, Hate it, or Meh-tastic?

Which is why I said complaints were to be expected. It's more presumptuous to assume criticism can only be negative. He wasn't really being pedantic at all.

the original topic: I think my issue is the exaggerated ice effect, but I suppose that's to be expected given the entire game is going to be an exaggerated ice effect.
"Blessed is the lion which becomes man when consumed by man; and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes, and the lion becomes man."
[size=84]The Gospel of Thomas, logion 7.[/size]
Loud&Silent
Just Passing Through

Post by Loud&Silent »

Loud&Silent wrote:So, Like it, Hate it, or Meh-tastic?

ARGH, somehow I knew i'd regret writing that.....now its too late; I'VE RELEASED THE BEAST! EVERYONES HEADS ARE ABOUT TO/ALREADY HAS BEEN BITTEN OFF!!

But the Cover is starting to grow on me.....
Have you seen a little girl? Short, black hair? About seven years old? A Bastard Child? May or may not be the Mother of God/Satan?.........Shes my Daughter.
l33tspaniard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by l33tspaniard »

Cover art is quite a touchy issue round these parts.

...apparently...
pyro
Just Passing Through

Post by pyro »

Ehh I can see why some people hate it. To me, it looks like they pasted her on in about five seconds. I agree with Skele, it would look nicer if she weren't so close and blended into the background.

But other than that I think it's pretty nice.
Waiting_for_you
Just Passing Through

Post by Waiting_for_you »

I like it.
You know you can follow my voice
Through the dark turns and noise
Of this wicked little town
Loud&Silent
Just Passing Through

Post by Loud&Silent »

Probably shouldn't put this up, as it could cause MORE flaming.....BUT, i'm still gonna throw it out there.....

The PAL Boxart.....

DISCUSS
Have you seen a little girl? Short, black hair? About seven years old? A Bastard Child? May or may not be the Mother of God/Satan?.........Shes my Daughter.
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

^ I don't think it is, actually. I'm led to believe it isn't official.
V xx

Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

^ But it looks damn cool, 100% better than the NTSC version imo.
I hope that it's a real box cover ;)