Mary Elizabeth Mcglynn: Gone?

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

_Drake_
Hope House Careworker

Mary Elizabeth Mcglynn: Gone?

Post by _Drake_ »

Well, with the release of the new trailer came a new cover of "Always on my mind"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USqTYbbNinE
As you can see, a new singer has been supposedly chosen. She sounds younger, and a bit more gentle than Mary, who has been singing for Silent Hill since 3. Is it possible that the vetren has been replaced? or is this simply just another version made by Akira, to see how it bodes with the public.

I personally hope, that Mary isn't gone. She was the perfect singer for Silent Hill, at least to me.

~Drake

"Oh it get's to me alright" - Vincent
My Silent Hill Fanfic, Silent Hill: Spiritual Dissonance
angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Post by angelofROOM302 »

:?
Ew, I don't like it.
_Drake_
Hope House Careworker

Post by _Drake_ »

It isn't Mary Good, but I like it. Kinda adds a gentle tone to Silent Hill, along with being a bit creepier. But I have a theory.

What if, this is simply a Audio edited version of Mary's cover? You know, like in order to fit into the theme. They simply tweaked it to sound different, to represent a memory of Mary's voice, shattered.

~Drake

simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

its the european version of the song.
_Drake_
Hope House Careworker

Post by _Drake_ »

I doubt their budget would be big enough to stretch out for a European or even another Singer. Silent Hill, to my knowledge, hasn't really ever had a big budget. Just dedicated individuals like Akira. Not to mention, why would they change the Song for just one country? Wouldn't that be a bit of a waste?

~Drake

Hannah
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hannah »

I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to do multiple covers of the song. Maybe the version of the song you get is part of your psych profile.

She seems to have an acce- HEY GUYS THERE'S A PICTURE OF LISA IN THERE -nt. It could also be the European version of the song. Which means there could be an 'International' and North American version as well. That would be kind of a step in an odd direction.

Dahlia's second appearance has also appeared. Now even more of a coke fiend.
¿Qué carajo estás haciendo aquí? ¡Lárgate, cabrón!

Y'know what I don't hate?
December Man
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by December Man »

She seems so similar I hadn't actually noticed before.
[img]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5149/smallershsig8jd.jpg[/img]
pyro
Just Passing Through

Post by pyro »

I really hope they don't get rid of Mary. :/ Maybe this new voice will only be in some of the songs, like how Joe Romersa was, and Mary will still be around.
zombiejesus
Just Passing Through

Post by zombiejesus »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBlYK5T5hj0

same song but you can clearly hear mary elizabeth mcglynn doing the vocals for it, why did they change it? the new girl sounds terrible. also i dont think they mary elizabeth left because heres here talking about the new SH game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lalZRVYp ... annel_page
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Could just be another version... I don't se any reason to panic. This game is looking better and better, I've moved from 'interested' to 'will buy.'
PyramidFace
Just Passing Through

Post by PyramidFace »

This seems like a really silly thing to freak out about. EVERYTHING in that trailer is changed. Why isn't there a thread called "Blonde Dahlia - Gone?"

Konami is probalby just doing it as another way of screwing with us, like all the other changes in the trailer.
SH3girl32
Gravedigger

Re: Mary Elizabeth Mcglynn: Gone?

Post by SH3girl32 »

_Drake_ wrote: I personally hope, that Mary isn't gone. She was the perfect singer for Silent Hill, at least to me.

Omg, I hope not!! I totally agree with you! She made the songs sound amazing. I love her voice, it sets the mood and feeling of the games. This one on that vid wasn't that great. Some squeaky person...noooooo. >.<
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Good riddance.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Klimat
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Klimat »

I think if in this game music will also be connected to the psych profile (which is a really good idea IMO) then multiple versions of the same song is a must. So there is absolutely no reason to panic. Mary Elizabeth is still there, just not alone like she was not the only singer in SH3 and SH4.
New version is good to my taste. There is an idea it can be new Dahlia's VA singing. Just a guess.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

It's AuraTwilight.
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

What if, this is simply a Audio edited version of Mary's cover? You know, like in order to fit into the theme. They simply tweaked it to sound different, to represent a memory of Mary's voice, shattered.
Hmm, well that would be awesome Drake if it were true! I'd be okay with the new sound then! :mrgreen:

It just sounds so... idk how to explain it. Just not like the original. I don't like this new sound one bit. But I'm kind of thinking that maybe they had to speedup/slow down the audio in the video for youtube. They are CRAzyy about copyright issues now and won't let any good music be uploaded. Maybe that's a reason.
Xev

Post by Xev »

alone in the town wrote:It's AuraTwilight.

was wondering if someone would say that!! :o

I really enjoy MEM's singing and her music with Akira but when I look at what I have heard of SH tracks ,I like the cold voiceless ones FOR silent hill. I thin kthey fit best.
When I think of them as regular songs, and applied to nothing, I can enjoy the vocal tracks.

Either way Im hoping she stays overall.
kideatsu
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by kideatsu »

I doubt she's gone because she is seen in a video in this thread talking about the new game and recording songs. And god I hope she never leaves the soundtrack cause she's the perfect singer for the game!
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

I really think you guys are over-reacting. Until we have the game in front of us, there's no way we're going to know one way or the other if she's there or not. (And I'm about ready to bet my house that she will be.)

Let's not panic until there's a reason to, okay?
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

When have we ever let a silly little matter like reason get in the way of a nice, rousing game of BITCHBITCHBITCH?